🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nobody needs an AK47 with a 30 round magazine

Gee, you want to be one of those few people who need a gun for self defense and are disarmed? Go ahead and volunteer.
You're sure quick to sacrifice others on the altar of a failed philosophy.

Where has it failed? Lack of firearms is a non-issue down here. Nobody give s a shit. Seriously. During election time it isn't even an issue. Ever.

New York, California, New Jersey, Mass, etc have licensing. We all have background checks. The Clinton era saw an AWB on some kinds of guns (esp the gun that are rarely used in crimes).
None of it worked.
Fifty years? You're joking, right? There are 300M guns in the US, more or less. They have a service life of at least 100 years. Additionally making guns is really not that difficult. You would disarm honest citizens, the ones who obey the law, and empower criminals, the ones who wont. Additionally you will turn millions of law abiding Americans into criminals because they wont give up their guns or go for any kind of scheme like that.

Austrailia's crime rate skyrocketed when guns were effectively outlawed. So much for that.
Dr Gump is a great example of someone incapable of thinking past Stage One.

Oh, please stats to Aussie crime rate:
1) Skyrocketing
2) If it did (and it didn't btw), please prove the correlation between the buyback and skyrocketing crime. Take your time.

If you initiated a buy-back scheme like Australia, millions of firearms would be off the street. This would also make it easier to catch crims, and eventually (over a long, long time because of the aforementioned proliferation of guns in your country) it would become harder and harder for crims. That aside, note I am not seeking a ban. You can still have your peashooters - just not certain types.
AUSTRALIA MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
Let's cue up "unreliable source" and "correlation doesnt equal causation."

Gee, you want to be one of those few people who need a gun for self defense and are disarmed? Go ahead and volunteer.
You're sure quick to sacrifice others on the altar of a failed philosophy.

Where has it failed? Lack of firearms is a non-issue down here. Nobody give s a shit. Seriously. During election time it isn't even an issue. Ever.
The US. The highest crime areas also have the strictest gun control. I dont give a shit what the sissy losers in Australia or New Zealand think about guns. They're still pushing for unilateral nuclear disarmament.

New York, California, New Jersey, Mass, etc have licensing. We all have background checks. The Clinton era saw an AWB on some kinds of guns (esp the gun that are rarely used in crimes).
None of it worked.
Fifty years? You're joking, right? There are 300M guns in the US, more or less. They have a service life of at least 100 years. Additionally making guns is really not that difficult. You would disarm honest citizens, the ones who obey the law, and empower criminals, the ones who wont. Additionally you will turn millions of law abiding Americans into criminals because they wont give up their guns or go for any kind of scheme like that.

Austrailia's crime rate skyrocketed when guns were effectively outlawed. So much for that.
Dr Gump is a great example of someone incapable of thinking past Stage One.

Oh, please stats to Aussie crime rate:
1) Skyrocketing
2) If it did (and it didn't btw), please prove the correlation between the buyback and skyrocketing crime. Take your time.

If you initiated a buy-back scheme like Australia, millions of firearms would be off the street. This would also make it easier to catch crims, and eventually (over a long, long time because of the aforementioned proliferation of guns in your country) it would become harder and harder for crims. That aside, note I am not seeking a ban. You can still have your peashooters - just not certain types.
AUSTRALIA MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
Let's cue up "unreliable source" and "correlation doesnt equal causation."

Oh dear. Please read your own source. I have even bolded the relevent parts for your edification. Dear oh dear oh dear. Thanks for proving my point.

"According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there was a slight drop in the percent of murders committed with a firearm between 2001 and 2007 (16.0% and 13.4%, respectively). However, the percentage was highest in 2006 (16.3%) and remains higher than the low of 8.9% in 2005. There is no difference in the use of a firearm in robbery: Guns were used in 6.4% of all robberies in both 2001 and 2007.

In 2002–five years after enacting its gun ban–the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime: “The percentage of homicides committed with a firearm continued its declining trend since 1969.”

So much for skyrocketing crime rate....

edit: Also note that for the above stats he quotes the ABS, but for the "49 percent increase in robberies" etc he has not given a source. Give me a reliable source and we'll see...

None of these things will prevent crime.
None of these things will prevent accidents.
None of them.
And so, there's no reason to have them as they uselessly infringe on the right to arms.

Only in the US. In other countries that have stricter gun control laws there is a lot less gun crime and a lot less firearm-related homicides, which I believe is due in some part to these restrictions. Now, I have no evidence that this is due to a lack of guns, neither do you have anything solid that guns prevent crimes. I do find it somewhat compelling though that your country is awash with guns and the number of homicides caused by firearms (including accidental deaths) is a lot higher than those countries without such a proliferation of guns.
You believe it's due to the restrictions because you have no proof of it.
Mexico has strict gun laws. And lots of crime.
Switzerland has relative lax gun laws. And little crime.
Memphis has lax gun laws. So does Knoxville. They have the exact same laws. Yet the crime rate is in no way comparable.
So remind me why you think laws rather than culture determine crime.

Switzerland in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM has lax gun laws.

Ah another infamous " I dislike what you wrote because it is factual and goes against what I believe"

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Switzerland does NOT have lax guns laws Rabbi

He's getting confused with the fact that they have compulsory military service and you get to take your gun home with you.

What part of having a military grade, select fire rifle in your home don't you get...you can "regulate" it all you want but the fact is that the reason they don't have mass shootings is that no one has decided to do one yet...if they have the guns "in the home" then they have all the ingredients for a mass shooting...

He's getting confused with the fact that they have compulsory military service and you get to take your gun home with you. However, there are still strict rules and regs around the use of those weapons.

Hey people can't know every fact, that's fine, but for fucks sakes when someone posts a fact and says sorry you were wrong what is the fucking point of disliking their post?

I mean the idea of disliking someone who is educating you on something just seems stupid.

He's getting confused with the fact that they have compulsory military service and you get to take your gun home with you.

What part of having a military grade, select fire rifle in your home don't you get...you can "regulate" it all you want but the fact is that the reason they don't have mass shootings is that no one has decided to do one yet...if they have the guns "in the home" then they have all the ingredients for a mass shooting...

No incorrect. They keep the gun at home, not the ammo.

Educate yourself

"According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there was a slight drop in the percent of murders committed with a firearm between 2001 and 2007 (16.0% and 13.4%, respectively). However, the percentage was highest in 2006 (16.3%) and remains higher than the low of 8.9% in 2005. There is no difference in the use of a firearm in robbery: Guns were used in 6.4% of all robberies in both 2001 and 2007.

All the innocent people robbed at knife point and stabbed or beaten by club wielding thugs thank you for your point...disarming the good guys does not disarm the bad guys...

not the ammo.

Yeah...that would be difficult to get...what is so hard to understand about the ineffectiveness of gun laws if a person doesn't want to obey them...? Wow, he could just go to his neighbor who is a special unit member...kill him...and take his ammo...yeah, real hard...

not the ammo.

Yeah...that would be difficult to get...what is so hard to understand about the ineffectiveness of gun laws if a person doesn't want to obey them...? Wow, he could just go to his neighbor who is a special unit member...kill him...and take his ammo...yeah, real hard...

I'M NOT ARGUING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF GUN LAWS you fucking retard. I only pointed out that Switzerland in fact has STRICT gun laws.

Jesus some people are fucking stupid.

Okay, again...

What does a background check do to stop gun crime and mass shootings...as reference please review mass shootings at Columbine, Colorado Theater, the two Fort Hood Shootings, the Navy yard shooting, Santa BArbara and Newton...also the 24 most violent cities which are run by democrats... please point to the study that shows the gang bangers in those cities undergo background checks before they commit murder...

dittos, registering guns, and limiting magazine capacity...

Please....please...someone tell me how they do anything you claim you think they do....

The second amendment makes gun registration necessary. We need it to support a well regulated militia

The tenth amendment has no bearing on gun registration. States can require stricter rules if they prefer, but it has no bearing on registration

WTF, so you think "well regulated" means government registration? LOL. Your knowledge of the English language is virtually non existant. Let's go on to the next word you don't know, infringed.

So when the Constitution says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, you think that means government can say who gets the rights and who doesn't? And government can charge fees to get the right?

And that's in the Bill of Rights, which restricts government power?

Wow. What grade did you drop out of school, RW? I have sixth grade in the pool, there's a lot of money on it. So who won?

A well regulated militia is necessary for a free state
How do we regulate our militia if we don't know who is in them?

Why do you hate America?

Simple.

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Now, if the founding fathers asked every American what type of gun they had when they passed the Constitution, you would have a basis fro your question.

That they did not require registration then to be part of the militia should tell you what the intent of the 2nd Amendment was when it was passed.

Mark

He's getting confused with the fact that they have compulsory military service and you get to take your gun home with you. However, there are still strict rules and regs around the use of those weapons.
It's irrelevant. The fact is that guns and gun ownership is widespread but crime is not. Ergo guns do not cause crime, criminals cause crime. You can ban guns all you want, criminals will still be criminals.

It's irrelevant. The fact is that guns and gun ownership is widespread but crime is not. Ergo guns do not cause crime, criminals cause crime. You can ban guns all you want, criminals will still be criminals.

It's irrelevant because you were wrong, but you can't just say "oh okay I was wrong" no you gotta pretend its' irrelevant after YOU brought it up thinking you had a relevant point.

Man the fuck up and just say "I was wrong about Switzerland" it doesn't change your point one iota.

No incorrect. They keep the gun at home, not the ammo.

Educate yourself
That's also wrong. You cannot keep the issue ammo. But people own guns aside from their issue weapons. There are many public ranges and people are encouraged to go and practice.
For someone who thinks he's smarter than the average bear you sure look like a dope.

It's irrelevant because you were wrong, but you can't just say "oh okay I was wrong" no you gotta pretend its' irrelevant after YOU brought it up thinking you had a relevant point.

Man the fuck up and just say "I was wrong about Switzerland" it doesn't change your point one iota.
No, I wasnt wrong. You're just quibbling over semantics because it's all you've got.

No, I wasnt wrong. You're just quibbling over semantics because it's all you've got.

You were wrong, Switzerland has strict gun laws PERIOD.

You confuse "everyone has guns" with "they have lax gun laws"

For instance, if you don't make it through your mandatory military service for whatever reason, no gun for you.

Now with that, I am done with this topic because A) its irrelevant to the thread and B) if I had a quote from the President of Switzerland saying "We have strict gun laws" you would deny it, so why bother.

You were wrong, Switzerland has strict gun laws PERIOD.

You confuse "everyone has guns" with "they have lax gun laws"

For instance, if you don't make it through your mandatory military service for whatever reason, no gun for you.

Now with that, I am done with this topic because A) its irrelevant to the thread and B) if I had a quote from the President of Switzerland saying "We have strict gun laws" you would deny it, so why bother.
OK, good thing. Because if you read your own stupid link you'd discover anyone can buy a gun in Switzerland.

Forum List

Back