Nobody offer me hope no more!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Senate Leaders in Striking Distance of a Deal - WSJ.com

"I'm very optimistic we will reach an agreement that's reasonable in nature this week to reopen the government, pay the nation's bills and begin long-term negotiations to put our country on sound fiscal footing," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) said on the Senate floor.

Mr. Reid earlier told reporters he hoped a deal could come before a meeting with top congressional leaders and President Barack Obama at the White House. The meeting had been scheduled for 3 p.m. but was later postponed "to allow leaders in the Senate time to continue making important progress towards a solution that raises the debt limit and reopens the government," the White House said in a statement.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) quickly seconded Mr. Reid's optimism, saying he expected to "get a result that will be acceptable to both sides."

I'll believe it when I see it.

G'nite, Gracie.

Ye of little faith... Obama, Reid and McConnell will take care of everything.

Perhaps, but will the House see reason?

The insane TPM are enjoying the shutdown and would love to see the Nation default.

No, of course not. It sort of looks like they're making decisions without Boehner. He is going to be pissed but not much he can do from this hole he dug himself into.

Harry Reid fucked over Susan Collins and the rest of the RINO's and squashed the deal at the last minute.

Didn't you hear about this already?

I started a thread on it.

Should the crazies force a default, and the ensueing economics result in a recession like that of 2008, the GOP is dead meat. Those Reps will not be able to go back to their own districts.

There are far too many of us that just skated through the 2008 recession, and used up our reserves in that one. People see their homes again underwater, with businesses laying off people by the 100's of thousands, it will get very ugly for those that purposely created this situation.

Hendrik Hertzberg: The Republican Insurrection : The New Yorker

The ransom demands kept changing. At first, it was the Affordable Care Act: in exchange for a few weeks of fiscal peace, repeal it; defund it; delay it; dismember it. Then the price ballooned, with some two dozen additional conservative fever dreams: plutocrat-friendly tax cuts, Medicare means-testing, a green light for environmental depredations, financial regulatory rollback, even the end of Internet neutrality. Then it was immediate “entitlement reform” (meaning cuts in social insurance) and “tax reform” (meaning lower rates for corporations and the rich). “We have to get something out of this,” one bewildered backbencher finally bleated, “and I don’t know what that even is.”

Harry Reid fucked over Susan Collins and the rest of the RINO's and squashed the deal at the last minute.

A link would be Just Swell.

LOL. Asking for a link is a "Librul conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!". And providing links are proof that your are a pointy headed elite Librul, probably done something UnAmerican like getting a higher education.

Perhaps, but will the House see reason?

The insane TPM are enjoying the shutdown and would love to see the Nation default.

No, of course not. It sort of looks like they're making decisions without Boehner. He is going to be pissed but not much he can do from this hole he dug himself into.

Boehner should be thankful and pleased someone’s trying to save him from his own TPM crazies.

Should the crazies force a default, and the ensueing economics result in a recession like that of 2008, the GOP is dead meat. Those Reps will not be able to go back to their own districts.

There are far too many of us that just skated through the 2008 recession, and used up our reserves in that one. People see their homes again underwater, with businesses laying off people by the 100's of thousands, it will get very ugly for those that purposely created this situation.

Sadly there will be crazy, bright-red gerrymandered districts that will hail them as heroes.

LOL. Asking for a link is a "Librul conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!". And providing links are proof that your are a pointy headed elite Librul, probably done something UnAmerican like getting a higher education.

Her links are all wingnutty talking points. Emphasis on the nutty.

I heard that Collins had a suggestion but it was rejected. Not sure of the details but you know, Rs caused all this shit. Nobody is going to bend over backwards for them. Not in the mood right now.

Update as of 8:24 p.m., Monday, October 14th.

Negotiations heated up with the Democratic and Republican leaders signaling progress. Both Reid and McConnell took to the Senate floor to express optimism for a compromise on the twin priorities that they expected to be reasonable and acceptable to both sides.

Reid's tone remained positive as night fell over the Capitol.

"We've made tremendous progress," he said, saying that "everyone just needs to be patient" and that "perhaps tomorrow will be a bright day."

Key negotiators also maintained an upbeat posture and financial markets, which Washington is watching very closely considering their volatility over the political impasse, also ended the day higher with Wall Street heartened by news of a possible deal, especially on the debt limit.

Reid urges patience, remains optimistic over deal prospects - CNN.com

Forum List

Back