Non-believers taking college campuses by storm

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Non-believers taking college campuses by storm - Salon.com

In the past few years, the number of affiliated student secular organizations has increased more than threefold...

This month at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a select group of students will show their humanitarian spirit by participating in the Bleedin’ Heathens Blood Drive. On February 12, they will eat cake to celebrate Darwin Day, and earlier this year, they performed “de-baptism” ceremonies to celebrate Blasphemy Day, attended a War on Christmas Party, and set up Hug An Atheist and Ask An Atheist booths in the campus quad.

Very encouraging. Maybe college students are thinking for themselves again.

In the past few years, the number of affiliated student secular organizations has increased more than threefold...

This month at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a select group of students will show their humanitarian spirit by participating in the Bleedin’ Heathens Blood Drive. On February 12, they will eat cake to celebrate Darwin Day, and earlier this year, they performed “de-baptism” ceremonies to celebrate Blasphemy Day, attended a War on Christmas Party, and set up Hug An Atheist and Ask An Atheist booths in the campus quad.

Yes, this is great news. Thanks for sharing.

It's never to late to embrace reality, reason and common sense....

Not thinking at all is more like it. :doubt:Just another reason for them to get drunk. :evil:

Not thinking at all is more like it. :doubt:Just another reason for them to get drunk. :evil:

It doesn't appear that any of those student activities involves drinking.

Perhaps your religious bretheren can bring Kool-aid?

The key word is "APPEAR."
All college activities outside of class involves beer and eggs. Unless the institution is "christian" or the activity involves Campus Crusades...

Last edited:

All college activities outside of class involves beer and eggs. Unless the institution is "christian" or the activity involves Campus Crusades...

Do all christian fundies make absurd generalizations as you do?

Do all christian fundies make absurd generalizations as you do?

Do all atheist make the wacky generalizations you do?

So you think when people blindly agree with you that they are thinking for themselves?

Tell me, what do any of those events do other than mock people who the participants think are beneath them? How is acting like a bunch of intolerant bullies demonstrate that they think for themselves?

Here's a radical idea. Try being nice to someone for a change. Any idiot can be a bully. It takes someone who truly thinks for themselves to do something that uplifts their fellow man.

Yes, this is great news. Thanks for sharing.

It's never to late to embrace reality, reason and common sense....

Yes, because it's completely reasonable and shows great common sense to make it a point to mock others because of something you don't believe rather than do what what everyone else does and just not worrying about something you don't believe.

I don't believe in Hinduism. I don't go around trashing Hindus or making fun of them. If they want to believe in their faith, they are free too. It's not going to hurt me in any way if they *gasp* disagree with me.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. But it doesn't stop me from being respectful to them when i run into them. If someone believes something I don't, chances are my life isn't going to change.

Are you that threated by the fact that people can reach different conclusions to you based on different experiences they've had, that you have to devolve into a monkey to protect your fragile egos?

And my least favorite thing about Atheists. For some reason you have to be assholes about the whole thing....

non-believers taking college campuses by storm - salon.com

in the past few years, the number of affiliated student secular organizations has increased more than threefold...

This month at the university of illinois at urbana-champaign, a select group of students will show their humanitarian spirit by participating in the bleedin’ heathens blood drive. On february 12, they will eat cake to celebrate darwin day, and earlier this year, they performed “de-baptism” ceremonies to celebrate blasphemy day, attended a war on christmas party, and set up hug an atheist and ask an atheist booths in the campus quad.

very encouraging. Maybe college students are thinking for themselves again.

not thinking at all is more like it. :doubt:just another reason for them to get drunk. :evil:

#YOLO

...I had to

And my least favorite thing about Atheists. For some reason you have to be assholes about the whole thing....

I think they are trying to convince themselves more than anything,and it subconsciously pisses them off,hence the attitude.

Forum List

Back