Nor'easter

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
Just got power, landline phone and internet back after 27 hours. Thank God for the emergency generator. Live on the water and the wind blowing out added about 25 yards to the property. It's disappearing now. That's the hardest non-hurricane blow I've ever experienced here. Glad to be back. Did you miss me? ;)

That's the hardest non-hurricane blow I've ever experienced here.

I gather you're snorting coke but not drinking?

We've had serious winds here in Caroline for a couple of days. Lotsa tree limbs snapped off.

The next big one is supposed to hit you Wednesday so stock up before the next time you get whacked.

Just got power, landline phone and internet back after 27 hours. Thank God for the emergency generator. Live on the water and the wind blowing out added about 25 yards to the property. It's disappearing now. That's the hardest non-hurricane blow I've ever experienced here. Glad to be back. Did you miss me? ;)
I can't begin to imagine wind, rain and FREEZING temps. As a Floridian who has evacuated TWICE in 2 years, you know you're going to have ZERO AC and be miserable when you get back but you're not going die of exposure. That just absolutely blows my mind!

TAKE CARE!

A tree fell on my next door neighbor's roof a couple days ago. Luckily it doesn't look like it did any serious damage, and some Mexicans had it cut down the next day. Not sure what's Trump's always bitching about. They do fine work.

I haven't checked yet, but I assume I'll have to look around the neighborhood for my trash can.

RAMMB_CIRA_SLIDER__GOES-East__GOES-16__Satellite_Imagery__Full_Disk_Sector__GeoColor__CIRA_.jpg

Current Nor'easter w/Video @ In satellite imagery, the dangerous nor'easter battering the U.S. East Coast is a beastly beauty of a storm - ImaGeo

Flooding.gif

Heavy flooding from Indiana to Mississippi

The next storm (due Wednesday) is likely to do more damage despite being weaker and of lesser expected duration. There won't be enough time for debris clean up, much less getting weakened trees down.

Now that you've had a chance to survey the neighborhood, how bad is it up there?

Have you tried about two counties over? In the Columbus Day storm of '62 here on the West Coast there were many things that ended up miles from their original location.

Have you tried about two counties over? In the Columbus Day storm of '62 here on the West Coast there were many things that ended up miles from their original location.

It was one of those huge Rubbermaid motherfuckers. God, I hope it hit somebody. :lol:

Just got power, landline phone and internet back after 27 hours. Thank God for the emergency generator. Live on the water and the wind blowing out added about 25 yards to the property. It's disappearing now. That's the hardest non-hurricane blow I've ever experienced here. Glad to be back. Did you miss me?
Now that you've had a chance to survey the neighborhood, how bad is it up there?
In my neighborhood, not really that bad. I thought there'd be lots of downed trees, but it was mostly just downed branches. We were on the southern edge so the winds were blowing to the east and the water went out. It was much worse up the coast where the winds blew towards the west and water was driven onto the land. My house and those around me fared well. I didn't see any damaged roofs. Not having a landline, TV, internet and having to run the emergency generator were the worst of it. First world problems!

Forum List

Back