North Carolina Lt. Gov. Refuses To Resign After Calling LGBTQ Community 'Filth'

The Constitution says he's free to practice his religion as he sees fit. Why do you commies hate the Constitution?

It's so sad to see what has become of religion, particularly the Christian one. If it weren't for the millions of decent Christian folks who know that this nonsense goes against Jesus' teaching, I would say from incidents like this that it seems to be circling the drain. He has to right to practice his religion and he is. But there is no right to be free of criticism, as the Muslims have learned. This is not about hating the Constitution. And it is does not have anything to do with anyone being a communist.

I wonder what, exactly, is being taught in schools about LGBT folks that is so horrifying. Nobody ever says.

It's so sad to see what has become of religion, particularly the Christian one. If it weren't for the millions of decent Christian folks who know that this nonsense goes against Jesus' teaching, I would say from incidents like this that it seems to be circling the drain. He has to right to practice his religion and he is. But there is no right to be free of criticism, as the Muslims have learned. This is not about hating the Constitution. And it is does not have anything to do with anyone being a communist.

I wonder what, exactly, is being taught in schools about LGBT folks that is so horrifying. Nobody ever says.
I seem to have to speak up about Christianity even though I am not the best at it. For all of the movements we see today on social justice, the institution of hetero marriage had to be demonized. It exists of course. But it is not like it was and the ramifications of its diluted place in our nation today has not played out yet.

Republican Mark Robinson said he's "tired of folks on the right being demonized for our speech while folks on the left burn, beat, rob, loot ... and get a pass.”

Mark Robinson, North Carolina’s Republican lieutenant governor, dismissed a call for his resignation on Friday after he was exposed on videotape calling members of theLGBTQ community “filth.”

Robinson said he stood by his homophobic comment and claimed to Raleigh NBC affiliate WRAL that right-wing speech was being “demonized.”

“We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We will not change our language,” he said. “The language I used, I am not ashamed of it. I will use it in the future because, again, it is time for parents in this state to take a strong stand for their children.”

Robinson made his offensive remarks while speaking in June at the Asbury Baptist Church in the town of Seagrove.

“I’m saying this now, and I’ve been saying it, and I don’t care who likes it: Those issues have no place in a school. There’s no reason anybody anywhere in America should be telling any child about transgenderism, homosexuality — any of that filth,” he said in a sermon at the church.

Filth? Christians must take control of public schools? He should definitely resign! What do you think?

No, i don’t think he needs to resign. Children don’t need to be taught about transgender…they need to be taught about math, reading, science (XX, XY)

and frankly when the dems gave a pass to a Gov that dressed up in blackface, and took photos with klansmen, it sort of set the bar rather low for who should resign

Republican Mark Robinson said he's "tired of folks on the right being demonized for our speech while folks on the left burn, beat, rob, loot ... and get a pass.”

Mark Robinson, North Carolina’s Republican lieutenant governor, dismissed a call for his resignation on Friday after he was exposed on videotape calling members of theLGBTQ community “filth.”

Robinson said he stood by his homophobic comment and claimed to Raleigh NBC affiliate WRAL that right-wing speech was being “demonized.”

“We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We will not change our language,” he said. “The language I used, I am not ashamed of it. I will use it in the future because, again, it is time for parents in this state to take a strong stand for their children.”

Robinson made his offensive remarks while speaking in June at the Asbury Baptist Church in the town of Seagrove.

“I’m saying this now, and I’ve been saying it, and I don’t care who likes it: Those issues have no place in a school. There’s no reason anybody anywhere in America should be telling any child about transgenderism, homosexuality — any of that filth,” he said in a sermon at the church.

Filth? Christians must take control of public schools? He should definitely resign! What do you think?

He is a Christian. The Bible says these things about homosexuality in Romans 1: "dishonorable passions"...."contrary to nature"...."shameless acts"...."debased mind".

It is what it is.

I seem to have to speak up about Christianity even though I am not the best at it. For all of the movements we see today on social justice, the institution of hetero marriage had to be demonized. It exists of course. But it is not like it was and the ramifications of its diluted place in our nation today has not played out yet.
Where did you get the idea that heterosexual marriage has been "demonized"? How is it not "like it was"? I haven't heard of anyone of any sexual orientation knocking it. Men and women still marry each other with all due pomp and ceremony. Then the couple is free between themselves to make a success of it or not. Of course some people blow it, and are on their third or even sixth try.

Definition of DEMONIZE

He is a Christian. The Bible says these things about homosexuality in Romans 1: "dishonorable passions"...."contrary to nature"...."shameless acts"...."debased mind".

It is what it is.
What if you really don't care about Saul/Paul's opinion? Jesus never said anything about it.

Sort of thing that gets you elected in those parts.

I agree, he should resign. Harboring hatred for any group of the public means you cannot serve all the people and that's what our elected officials are there to do.

Well, that's not how this form of "democracy" works. It's literally based on getting the support of enough people.

If there were proper democracy then all groups would have their representation, but the US doesn't do proper democracy.

Resign, why? All he has done is speak a truth.
What do I think? I think you are a dipshit.

Regardless of what he said, we all know that he is NOT going to resign.

We all know that no one in the Republican party will dare pressure him to resign.

We all know that it is even unlikely that any newspaper in that state will call for his resignation.

Because of his, uh, "background," he is untouchable.

It is what it is.

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 5:32

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Luke 16:18

And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

Mark 10:11-12

• I am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me
  • Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  • Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day
  • Honour thy father and thy mother
  • Thou shalt not kill
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery
  • Thou shalt not steal
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 5:32

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Luke 16:18

And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

Mark 10:11-12

• I am the Lord thy God: thou shalt not have strange Gods before me
  • Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
  • Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day
  • Honour thy father and thy mother
  • Thou shalt not kill
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery
  • Thou shalt not steal
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife
  • Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods

Your point...???

Where in scripture did Jesus H. Christ ever promote sodomy or the idea of Gay Marriage?

Perhaps I missed it?

All religion has designated sins, and in the Christian faith- as well as others- taking it in the Caboose is totally prohibited. After all, a careful examination of the bible shows that Almighty God put Adam and Eve ( not Steve as libs suggest) into Eden

You understand my point.

Your point seems to be that society calls good what the Bible condemns. Yes, and this is often the case, but I don't see kindergarteners in school being taught that divorce is wonderful, acceptable and etc. I believe most schools are pretty neutral about it. But not very neutral about homosexuality and/or transsexualism, which are being taught as acceptable and good.

Your point seems to be that society calls good what the Bible condemns. Yes, and this is often the case, but I don't see kindergarteners in school being taught that divorce is wonderful, acceptable and etc. I believe most schools are pretty neutral about it. But not very neutral about homosexuality and/or transsexualism, which are being taught as acceptable and good.

If we elect a serial adulterer as president surely we can refrain from calling other "sinners" filth can we not?

If we elect a serial adulterer as president surely we can refrain from calling other "sinners" filth can we not?

1. Every president every elected has been a sinner. Christians do not elect pastors; we elect presidents

2. I do not agree with calling people "filth" if that's what he was doing. All people are made in the image of God. Some of them do evil things (I am thinking of people who actively harm others, like genocidal maniacs).

3. Sin is filthy. The Bible says so. It calls our deeds "filthy rags". So to the extent we try to dress up our sin as something pleasant--nope. God is not fooled. Still filthy. So if the Lt Gov was calling the deeds filthy--he is right. So are my sins filthy.

Forum List

Back