"North Korea is the biggest threat to all humankind," says U.S. Ambassador to China Terry Branstad

I will say that if we stop poking them in the eye with a stick, they would not be a problem.

I will say that if we stop poking them in the eye with a stick, they would not be a problem.

Right,,,

the reason they started a nuke program, is because Obama, Bush, and Clinton were poking them with a stick.
Not true. It started when the Repubs reneged on the peace deal that Carter negotiated in the early 1990s.

Right,,,

the reason they started a nuke program, is because Obama, Bush, and Clinton were poking them with a stick.
Not true. It started when the Repubs reneged on the peace deal that Carter negotiated in the early 1990s.
we can take it back to IKe and the DMZ if you like.

previous presidents have done little to nothing, (some have helped) to stop NK build of their nukes

Right,,,

previous presidents have done little to nothing, (some have helped) to stop NK build of their nukes

No President has "helped". And while it is silly to blame our leaders for the actions of insane dictators, there still might be some lessons to be learned, here.

Right,,,

Very little, almost nothing has been mentioned in the press or on TV about Jimmy Carter and his negotiation resulting in an agreement by the North Koreans, in 1994, to halt its nuclear weapons program and to put its facilities under international inspection – an agreement that held for eight years until the treaty regime decayed due to lack of political resolve, mostly on part of US administrations.

Carter and North Korea: the 1994 Treaty Halting North Korea’s Development of Nuclear Weapons

Right,,,

Very little, almost nothing has been mentioned in the press or on TV about Jimmy Carter and his negotiation resulting in an agreement by the North Koreans, in 1994, to halt its nuclear weapons program and to put its facilities under international inspection – an agreement that held for eight years until the treaty regime decayed due to lack of political resolve, mostly on part of US administrations.

Carter and North Korea: the 1994 Treaty Halting North Korea’s Development of Nuclear Weapons

While that agreement is quite an accomplishment, it broke down because the North Koreans violated it by enriching uranium.

Right,,,

While that agreement is quite an accomplishment, it broke down because the North Koreans violated it by enriching uranium.
That was after the US reneged.

Right,,,

That was after the US reneged.

No, I don't think it was.

Forum List

Back