Northern nations warming faster than global average

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the insults

Last edited:
Can you give an example of what you think is a spontaneous process? Didn't think so.

I would rather refer to the science literature rather than your incantations. Jeez you don't understand entropy. You are confusing entropy with radiation exchange. They are different. You are just picking scientific words and putting them in sentences that don't make sense.

You must know by now that your posts are so far off the wall that it is not possible to figure out if you are attempting to talk science or not. Your thinking that radiation exchange means entropy is a "two way street" is one example of your misplaced science.

Can you give an example of what you think is a spontaneous process

Heat moving to cold

A spontaneous process is one that takes place with no input of energy from the surroundings. He thinks that phosphorescence (like the glowing numbers on your watch) is a spontaneous process.... He even says that the glow that happens "AFTER" you turn off the lights is a spontaneous process. He can't get it through his head that the fact that he has to add "AFTER" means that the lights being on in the first place was an input of energy from the surroundings. Make the phosphorescent paint on your watch in complete darkness, and store the watch in complete darkness and it will never glow...it requires being exposed to light (input of energy from the surroundings) in order to glow when the lights are off. This simple concept is so far over his head that he has been arguing against it for more than a year now...

He wants the second law of thermodynamics to be wrong so bad that it has turned him into a complete batshit idiot.

A spontaneous process is one that takes place with no input of energy from the surroundings.

That means everything that takes place on the Earth's surface and in the atmosphere is not spontaneous.

The cooler atmosphere is free to radiate toward the warmer surface, because there is an "input of energy from the surroundings".

"Back radiation", as you've just shown, is allowed.

Stupidity on parade..congratulations...do describe the work being done to make such energy movement possible...

do describe the work being done to make such energy movement possible...

The same work that allows the Sun's surface to radiate toward the hotter corona.
Or did you forget already?

There is an "input of energy from the surroundings".
So again, you’re saying you know more than every scientist. Interesting, Nobel prize

So you
What was wrong with his statement? Again, you have the opportunity to post up the science that disagrees!

Do you agree with him? Why?
can’t answer?

You're his buddy, do you agree with him?

Can you give an example of what you think is a spontaneous process

Heat moving to cold

A spontaneous process is one that takes place with no input of energy from the surroundings. He thinks that phosphorescence (like the glowing numbers on your watch) is a spontaneous process.... He even says that the glow that happens "AFTER" you turn off the lights is a spontaneous process. He can't get it through his head that the fact that he has to add "AFTER" means that the lights being on in the first place was an input of energy from the surroundings. Make the phosphorescent paint on your watch in complete darkness, and store the watch in complete darkness and it will never glow...it requires being exposed to light (input of energy from the surroundings) in order to glow when the lights are off. This simple concept is so far over his head that he has been arguing against it for more than a year now...

He wants the second law of thermodynamics to be wrong so bad that it has turned him into a complete batshit idiot.

A spontaneous process is one that takes place with no input of energy from the surroundings.

That means everything that takes place on the Earth's surface and in the atmosphere is not spontaneous.

The cooler atmosphere is free to radiate toward the warmer surface, because there is an "input of energy from the surroundings".

Stupidity on parade..congratulations...do describe the work being done to make such energy movement possible...

The same work that allows the Sun's surface to radiate toward the hotter corona.

So again, you’re saying you know more than every scientist. Interesting, Nobel prize

So again, you’re saying you know more than every scientist.

Knowing more than SSDD (really low bar) isn't knowing more than every scientist.

Now, are you saying the Earth's atmosphere doesn't have an "input of energy from the surroundings"?

So you
What was wrong with his statement? Again, you have the opportunity to post up the science that disagrees!

can’t answer?

Can’t answer the question eh?

Knowing more than SSDD (really low bar) isn't knowing more than every scientist.

Now, are you saying the Earth's atmosphere doesn't have an "input of energy from the surroundings"?
When you getting that Nobel prize ?

So you

can’t answer?

He's right, back radiation is real.

Ssdd is every scientist? Hmm you’re fked up. Derp

So you

can’t answer?

In your head, I believe that

Ssdd is every scientist?

Ssdd is an idiot.
Just because I know more than him doesn't mean I "know more than every scientist"

Your brain injury acting up again? You seem more confused than usual.

So you
can’t answer?

Spontaneous process is defined as a process that will occur without any energy input from the surroundings. It is a process that will occur on its own.

Is he right?

If any energy input from the surroundings assist a process...it is not spontaneous...

Is he right?

Ssdd is every scientist?

Ssdd is an idiot.
Just because I know more than him doesn't mean I "know more than every scientist"

well again, I'm unaware of any scientist that understands the flow of heat from the sun to the corona and back to the surface. Feel free to post one name and I'll check it out. But until then, you and only you is claiming to know the flow of the heat between the two areas of the sun. And why my response about every scientist.

So you
can’t answer?

Spontaneous process is defined as a process that will occur without any energy input from the surroundings. It is a process that will occur on its own.

Is he right?

If any energy input from the surroundings assist a process...it is not spontaneous...

Is he right?
sure, post up something that says differently.

Ssdd is every scientist?

Ssdd is an idiot.

well again, I'm unaware of any scientist that understands the flow of heat from the sun to the corona and back to the surface. Feel free to post one name and I'll check it out. But until then, you and only you is claiming to know the flow of the heat between the two areas of the sun. And why my response about every scientist.

I'm unaware of any scientist that understands the flow of heat from the sun to the corona and back to the surface.

Can photons from the surface move toward the hotter corona? Yes or no?

Is he right?

Is he right?

Why would I post something different when he just explained why back-radiation can happen?

Ssdd is every scientist?

Ssdd is an idiot.

I'm unaware of any scientist that understands the flow of heat from the sun to the corona and back to the surface.

sure, why not if there is energy forcing it there. Never said there wasn't. What I said was spontaneously. you know, that one word you seem to have difficulty with.

Is he right?

Is he right?

Why would I post something different when he just explained why back-radiation can happen?
no one ever said it wasn't possible for cold to flow toward heat with help. no one.

Ssdd is every scientist?

Ssdd is an idiot.

sure, why not if there is energy forcing it there. Never said there wasn't. What I said was spontaneously. you know, that one word you seem to have difficulty with.

What I said was spontaneously. you know, that one word you seem to have difficulty with.

I don't have any difficulty with the word.
Just waiting for SSDD and you to pin yourself down.

Is he right?

Is he right?

no one ever said it wasn't possible for cold to flow toward heat with help. no one.

That must explain why SSDD, with your agreement, has claimed for years, even a few days ago, that back radiation can't happen. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back