Northwestern University football players can unionize

The National Labor Relations Board in Chicago has ruled that football players at Northwestern University are employees and can unionize, the board said Wednesday.
So is this the end of college football?
http://http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/us/northwestern-football-union/

How dare the players demand that the bodily harm and risk they take on the field for the glory and enormous monetary gain of these institutions by their participation be compensated and their future health costs be gauranteed. HOW DARE THEY !!!

The unionized NFL players association recently got a billion dollar settlement for concussion related injuries. There was no such settlement for college players

Cons do? Excuse me, but Obama put three of the people in power who made this decision.

Then you should be happy that Obama is helping you. Cons are always stating that they want to destroy the DOE(DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION). If Obama was white, you'd thank him.

What does the DOE have to do with unionization? It's about as relevant as your phony racism after-thought, there.

Keep up with the conversation.

Now college basketball players want to unionize. Next is college baseball. When college football players, basketball players, baseball plays, oh and all the women athletes start getting paid to play, tuition is going to have to be a million dollars a year for those trying to get a REAL education. Tickets to the game will be at least $100.00, and the pros are going to demand to be paid more too.

I am not focusing on my school (Univ of AL) as much as I am simply passing on what I know. And I know my school better than any other.

At the UA, they have "checkers" that check to make sure the football players attend class. Skip class and you will have to face Saban.

They have a mockup of an executive office, to teach the players how to conduct themselves in interviews. That was Saban's idea and project. He wants to make sure the players leave school prepared for life, not just football.

Seems like many of the flaccid lamebrains posting on this topic are 'adults' suffering from arrested development who never got over not making the basketball team or getting rejected by the pretty girl who went to the dance with the captain of the football team instead.

Seems like many of the flaccid lamebrains posting on this topic are 'adults' suffering from arrested development who never got over not making the basketball team or getting rejected by the pretty girl who went to the dance with the captain of the football team instead.

You wanted to go to the dance with the captain of the football team.?? :lol:

Not that there is anything wrong with that... :lol:

You wanted to go to the dance with the captain of the football team.?? :lol:

Not that there is anything wrong with that... :lol:

Interesting reading on that...

...I guess out on the West Coast you're quite 'alternative' and all that...

I am not focusing on my school (Univ of AL) as much as I am simply passing on what I know. And I know my school better than any other.

At the UA, they have "checkers" that check to make sure the football players attend class. Skip class and you will have to face Saban.

They have a mockup of an executive office, to teach the players how to conduct themselves in interviews. That was Saban's idea and project. He wants to make sure the players leave school prepared for life, not just football.

That's excellent!

Forum List

Back