Not Darwin's Law, it's God's Law.

We've watched it happen in ring species that can no longer interbreed. We've watched it in bacteria and viruses in labs and in the wild. It doesn't take billions upon billions on years to illustrate the point.

Older T. rex fossils show larger eye ridges than later T. rex fossils. We can see the changes within the existence of a single species from the time it came on the scene to its extinction.

Give me something better than an "older T-rex fossil" please. That thing's so old that even the rain and wind has worn it away. Show me a half-bird, half-fish or something. Show me your monkey doing algebra.

Wear and tear on fossils is well understood. The features he describes above are not due to wear and tear. If you believe they are, then I challenge you to prove your claim to us that those features are due to wear and tear.

Give me something that isn't billions or millions of years old. If your evolution myth is true and ongoing, you should be able to show me something a recent as 100 years. Specimens should be plentiful and found all over the earth that are fairly fresh.

Erm, why would I do that? I am not the one who disagrees with the rest of the world's scientists. I'm also not the one who believes that the world is flat and 6,000 years old. And besides, you still haven't proven your claim that the features in question were caused by wear and tear.

In other words you can't. That's the hard truth of it. None of you can. You're all gas and hot air.

Sure I can. But to what end? Look, I don't have to defend a scientific theory that was well established over 150 years ago and is still one of the best scientific theories ever conceived. If you have evidence that it is wrong, post it, and we can discus it. Otherwise, I don't give a damn what you think I can or cannot do.

And when you have that adaptation over thousands of generations among diverse populations? All "macroevolution" is really is just "microevoution" over the long term.

It doesn't even necessarily need to be over the long term. We've seen the effects on breeding populations in ring species. Ring species - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes, it has to be over the very very long term. Such a long term in fact that the earth itself is not old enough for it to have happened.

4.57 billion years is plenty long enough.

I'm waiting. I showed you mathematically that it was impossible. A statement means nothing. Show me mathematically how it is possible. I'm willing to listen.
You shouldn't think your phony "christian math" has shown anything but the sheer fraud that oozes from your creation ministries.

At least I can do math. It is apparent that you cannot.

Sure you can. And pigs can fly.

Cuz I own you and you have nothing, you pipsqueek.
lol....the concept of Taz actually winning a debate with someone.....that's why I come here....a little bit of humor to brighten my day....
I own you over Noah. You still haven't explained properly how Noah got marsupials from Oz and back again. Polar bears. Arctic foxes...

You own no one over Noah. You went on there with kangaroos on your brain and asked your question. You received many responses including one from me. Your mind was already made up so you dismissed each and every response you received and attacked those kind enough to respond to you. You made a total ass out of yourself and the people stopped engaging you. The problem is that you are simply too ignorant to realize that they all quickly saw that you were a total asshole.

It always amazes me the level of sheer dishonesty we see in creationist attempts to prop up their faith.

Case in point. . .

<rant snip>

I'm an amateur biologist, with a solid formal background, though mostly self-taught thereafter, but that article is solid.

Which means nothing. I'm not an amateur geologist. I am a real, degreed, certified professional geologist with 24 years of field and lab experience. Now that we are done dick-waving, care to explain in detail how the Earth came to be, how old you believe it to be, and on what scientific evidence you base your conclusions?

According to current theory, the Earth formed just like the Sun and the other planets in our solar system, with the Sun, of course, being the largest lump of matter retained after the gravitational collapse of our system's hydrogen cloud/nebula: space dust clustered into grains, then lumps of matter, then boulders, then planetesimals and eventually planets. The Sun, being the largest and densest lump of matter, heated up, generating its own energy in nuclear fires.

Not quite. The sun is a star composed primarily of hydrogen and helium. It was formed from a bok globule composed primarily of gas and dust. When a nearby supernova shockwave crashed into the globule, it collapsed, likely forming an Herbig-Haro object, which eventually became the sun. The planets were not formed in this manner. The planets formed via accretion from the orbiting debris left over from the sun's formation, with Jupiter and Saturn receiving the bulk of the remaining hydrogen and helium from the solar nebula. The dust and other debris left over formed the remaining planets, including the Earth.

Rawlings said:
The various constituents of the our primordial "dust plain" as distinguished from the primordial dust plains of other systems is thought to be about 4.6 to 5 billion years old. The universe is thought to be nearly 14 billion years old.

Give or take a few million, yes.

Rawlings said:
The Earth as such is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Its age is calculated on the bases of the currently oldest known terrestrial rock (the Australian Zircon) via radiometric dating coupled with the age of the solar system. The Australian Zircon is not quite as old as the Earth itself, of course, as older parts of the Earth's surface are recycled in the Earth's core as a result of plate tectonics, but it gives us the bottom range of the Earth's age against which we have the radiometrically determined age of meteorite fragments such as those of the asteroid that created the Barringer Crater. Ultimately, then, we know that the Earth is the same age as these fragments.

The crust of the Earth is not recycled back into the core. It is recycled back into the mantle. Big difference.

Well, I'm writing from memory from the few courses I took regarding these matters, and, yes, of course, hydrogen was not the only element contained in the primordial cloud/nebula. I realize that. But it was the primary element along with helium and dust, and your statement regarding the formation of the planets and mine are the same. I don't know why you say they weren't formed in the manner in which I roughly sketched.

Your statement: "The planets formed via accretion from the orbiting debris left over from the sun's formation, with Jupiter and Saturn receiving the bulk of the remaining hydrogen and helium from the solar nebula. The dust and other debris left over formed the remaining planets, including the Earth."

Mine: ". . . space dust clustered into grains, then lumps of matter, then boulders, then planetesimals and eventually planets."

The operative process here is the accretion of the leftover debris, is it not? The sun and all of the planets are roughly the same age.

Last edited:
The crust of the Earth is not recycled back into the core. It is recycled back into the mantle. Big difference.

Okay. That makes sense. That was poorly put, for indeed, as I recall, the Earth's layers are: crust, softer mantle, harder mantle, outer core (liquid nickel iron), inner core (solid). You're the geologist.

But this reminds of a question I had some time ago and forgot about. I'm guessing that the heat of the outer core is transferred to the mantle. It would seem to me then that the inner core should be gradually growing. Is that believed to be the case?

Last edited:
Case in point. . .

<rant snip>

I'm an amateur biologist, with a solid formal background, though mostly self-taught thereafter, but that article is solid.

Which means nothing. I'm not an amateur geologist. I am a real, degreed, certified professional geologist with 24 years of field and lab experience. Now that we are done dick-waving, care to explain in detail how the Earth came to be, how old you believe it to be, and on what scientific evidence you base your conclusions?

According to current theory, the Earth formed just like the Sun and the other planets in our solar system, with the Sun, of course, being the largest lump of matter retained after the gravitational collapse of our system's hydrogen cloud/nebula: space dust clustered into grains, then lumps of matter, then boulders, then planetesimals and eventually planets. The Sun, being the largest and densest lump of matter, heated up, generating its own energy in nuclear fires.

Not quite. The sun is a star composed primarily of hydrogen and helium. It was formed from a bok globule composed primarily of gas and dust. When a nearby supernova shockwave crashed into the globule, it collapsed, likely forming an Herbig-Haro object, which eventually became the sun. The planets were not formed in this manner. The planets formed via accretion from the orbiting debris left over from the sun's formation, with Jupiter and Saturn receiving the bulk of the remaining hydrogen and helium from the solar nebula. The dust and other debris left over formed the remaining planets, including the Earth.

Rawlings said:
The various constituents of the our primordial "dust plain" as distinguished from the primordial dust plains of other systems is thought to be about 4.6 to 5 billion years old. The universe is thought to be nearly 14 billion years old.

Rawlings said:
The Earth as such is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Its age is calculated on the bases of the currently oldest known terrestrial rock (the Australian Zircon) via radiometric dating coupled with the age of the solar system. The Australian Zircon is not quite as old as the Earth itself, of course, as older parts of the Earth's surface are recycled in the Earth's core as a result of plate tectonics, but it gives us the bottom range of the Earth's age against which we have the radiometrically determined age of meteorite fragments such as those of the asteroid that created the Barringer Crater. Ultimately, then, we know that the Earth is the same age as these fragments.

Well, I'm writing from memory from the few courses I took regarding these matters, and, yes, of course, hydrogen was not the only element contained in the primordial cloud/nebula. I realize that. But it was the primary element along with helium and dust, and your statement regarding the formation of the planets and mine are the same. I don't know why you say they weren't formed in the manner in which I roughly sketched.

Your statement: "The planets formed via accretion from the orbiting debris left over from the sun's formation, with Jupiter and Saturn receiving the bulk of the remaining hydrogen and helium from the solar nebula. The dust and other debris left over formed the remaining planets, including the Earth."

Mine: ". . . space dust clustered into grains, then lumps of matter, then boulders, then planetesimals and eventually planets."

The operative process here is the accretion of the leftover debris, is it not? The sun and all of the planets are roughly the same age.

The You said: "the Earth formed just like the Sun and the other planets in our solar system", which is not the case. Not only where they not composed of the same elements, the processes were different.

Okay. That makes sense. That was poorly put, for indeed, as I recall, the Earth's layers are: crust, softer mantle, harder mantle, outer core (liquid nickel iron), inner core (solid). You're the geologist.

But this reminds of a question I had some time ago and forgot about. I'm guessing that the heat of the outer core is transferred to the mantle. It would seem to me then that the inner core should be gradually growing. Is that believed to be the case?

Some studies have suggested that the inner core is growing via crystallization at the inner-outer core boundary in some regions, while it seems to be melting at other points along the boundary region. Moreover, the inner core is apparently anisotropic.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

one of God's more interesting creations......
Nah. That would be the blueprint for the cancer cell.....
literally, the blueprint for a cancerous cell would be DNA, so I am forced to agree with you........

That suggests really incompetent design skills on the part of your gawds. Did none of your three gawds check the others' work?
not at all....unlimited flexibility is not a flaw.....most cancerous cells are the result of the abuse we put our bodies through with things like nicotine and other carcinogens.....is it also a flaw that God did not design our skulls to be impervious to games of Russian roulette?......
Obvious indications that you also failed the curriculum at the Pat Robertson madrassah.
why didn't you simply say "oh fuck, now I don't know what to say...I had better make something up I can accuse him of in order to distract the readers from my ignorance".....we all knew that was happening anyway........

The Real Answer: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v465/n7295/full/nature09014.html#/

The above is an article written by Prof. Doug Theobald published in the journal Nature, regarding the case for common descent. For the benefit of the angry fundies, I'll point out that this is what real scientists do: they publish in peer reviewed literature.

That's something that religious cranks don't do, for obvious reasons.

And then we have the fact that it's all based on a metaphysical presupposition, an apriority that presupposes a common ancestry and presumptuously accommodates/interprets the evidence in terms of a common ancestry . . . when all along the evidence is perfectly compatible with a biological history that is instead a series of discrete, creative events and extinctions over time within a microevolutionary model of adaptive diversity:

Debunking the 8220 29 evidences for macroevolution 8221 part 1 Releasing the Truth

Debunking the 8220 29 evidences for macroevolution 8221 part 2 Releasing the Truth
Raw, I checked out your link, the guy is insane. He's obsessed with trying to disprove something (that he can't), so that his invisible friend will be the only other option. That's not how it works, you have it ass-backwards. :lol:

That is not how what works? You don't even know what you read, magical nature man.

Once again. . . .

And then we have the fact that it's all based on a metaphysical presupposition, an apriority that presupposes a common ancestry and presumptuously accommodates/interprets the evidence in terms of a common ancestry . . . when all along the evidence is perfectly compatible with a biological history that is instead a series of discrete, creative events and extinctions over time within a microevolutionary model of adaptive diversity:

Debunking the 8220 29 evidences for macroevolution 8221 part 1 Releasing the Truth

Debunking the 8220 29 evidences for macroevolution 8221 part 2 Releasing the Truth

Ah, yes. "Releasing the truth". Someone's personal blog. Not very convincing.

As usual for the hyper-religious types, there's always an absence of peer review for the fundie position.

29 Evidences for Macroevolution Part 1

29 Evidences for Macroevolution Part 2
previously debunked....

Give me something that isn't billions or millions of years old. If your evolution myth is true and ongoing, you should be able to show me something a recent as 100 years. Specimens should be plentiful and found all over the earth that are fairly fresh.
Humans are evolving to live longer and get taller than they were 100 years ago.

:thanks:
dude....what do you have in a hundred years.....two, three generations?....that alone should be enough to clue you in that it isn't evolution that is involved.....its penicillin, child labor laws and improved diet.........
That's a species evolving... It's a lot of tiny steps that over a long period of time add up. Now you know.
so you believe we are turning into something other than the species homo sapien?.....
Homo Sapien 2.0 :D
so the obese couch potato who sells his vote for an Obamaphone would be Homo Sapien 3.0?........

Cuz I own you and you have nothing, you pipsqueek.
lol....the concept of Taz actually winning a debate with someone.....that's why I come here....a little bit of humor to brighten my day....
I own you over Noah. You still haven't explained properly how Noah got marsupials from Oz and back again. Polar bears. Arctic foxes...

You own no one over Noah. You went on there with kangaroos on your brain and asked your question. You received many responses including one from me. Your mind was already made up so you dismissed each and every response you received and attacked those kind enough to respond to you. You made a total ass out of yourself and the people stopped engaging you. The problem is that you are simply too ignorant to realize that they all quickly saw that you were a total asshole.

It always amazes me the level of sheer dishonesty we see in creationist attempts to prop up their faith.
you would have to be a fucking idiot to claim there was dishonesty in that post......oh wait, its you.......

Case in point. . .

<rant snip>

Rawlings said:

Rawlings said:

The You said: "the Earth formed just like the Sun and the other planets in our solar system", which is not the case. Not only where they not composed of the same elements, the processes were different.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

Nah. That would be the blueprint for the cancer cell.....
literally, the blueprint for a cancerous cell would be DNA, so I am forced to agree with you........

That suggests really incompetent design skills on the part of your gawds. Did none of your three gawds check the others' work?
not at all....unlimited flexibility is not a flaw.....most cancerous cells are the result of the abuse we put our bodies through with things like nicotine and other carcinogens.....is it also a flaw that God did not design our skulls to be impervious to games of Russian roulette?......
Obvious indications that you also failed the curriculum at the Pat Robertson madrassah.
why didn't you simply say "oh fuck, now I don't know what to say...I had better make something up I can accuse him of in order to distract the readers from my ignorance".....we all knew that was happening anyway........
You may still have a chance for acceptance at the Falwell madrassah. They're among the angrier, self-hating types.

The Real Answer: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v465/n7295/full/nature09014.html#/

The above is an article written by Prof. Doug Theobald published in the journal Nature, regarding the case for common descent. For the benefit of the angry fundies, I'll point out that this is what real scientists do: they publish in peer reviewed literature.

That's something that religious cranks don't do, for obvious reasons.

Raw, I checked out your link, the guy is insane. He's obsessed with trying to disprove something (that he can't), so that his invisible friend will be the only other option. That's not how it works, you have it ass-backwards. :lol:

That is not how what works? You don't even know what you read, magical nature man.

Once again. . . .

Ah, yes. "Releasing the truth". Someone's personal blog. Not very convincing.

As usual for the hyper-religious types, there's always an absence of peer review for the fundie position.

29 Evidences for Macroevolution Part 1

29 Evidences for Macroevolution Part 2
previously debunked....
Typically pointless.

Humans are evolving to live longer and get taller than they were 100 years ago.

:thanks:
dude....what do you have in a hundred years.....two, three generations?....that alone should be enough to clue you in that it isn't evolution that is involved.....its penicillin, child labor laws and improved diet.........
That's a species evolving... It's a lot of tiny steps that over a long period of time add up. Now you know.
so you believe we are turning into something other than the species homo sapien?.....
so the obese couch potato who sells his vote for an Obamaphone would be Homo Sapien 3.0?........
You're starting to understand evolution. Keep it up! :clap2:

An Estimate of the Probability for Attaining the Necessary Parameters for Life Support
Parameter Probability that feature will fall in the required range
galaxy size .1
galaxy type .1
galaxy location .1
star location relative to galactic center .2
star distance from closest spiral arm .1
z-axis extremes of star's orbit .1
proximity of solar nebula to a supernova eruption .01
timing of solar nebula formation relative to supernova eruption .01
number of stars in system .2
star birth date .2
star age .4
star metallicity .05
star orbital eccentricity .1
star's distance from galactic plane .1
star mass .001
star luminosity relative to speciation .0001
star color .4
3H+ production .1
supernovae rates and locations .01
white dwarf binary types, rates, and locations .01
planetary distance from star .001
inclination of planetary orbit .5
planetary axis tilt .3
rate of change of axial tilt .01
planetary rotation period .1
rate of change in planetary rotation period .05
planetary orbit eccentricity .3
surface gravity (escape velocity) .001
tidal force .1
magnetic field .01
albedo .1
density .1
planetary crust thickness .01
oceans-to-continents ratio .2
rate of change in oceans-to-continents ratio .1
global distribution of continents .3
frequency and extent of ice ages .1
asteroid and comet collision rate .1
change in asteroid and comet collision rates .1
mass of body colliding with primordial Earth .002
timing of collision with primordial Earth .05
rate of change in asteroid/comet collision rate .1
proximity and mass of Jupiter .01
major planet eccentricities .1
major planet orbital instabilities .1
drift rate and rate change of major planets .1
atmospheric transparency .01
atmospheric pressure .1
atmospheric electric discharge rate .1
atmospheric temperature gradient .01
carbon dioxide level in atmosphere .01
oxygen level in atmosphere .01
chlorine level in atmosphere .1
iron quantity in oceans .1
tropospheric ozone quantity .01
stratospheric ozone quantity .01
mesospheric ozone quantity .01
water vapor level in atmosphere .01
oxygen-to-nitrogen ratio in atmosphere .1
quantity of greenhouse gases in atmosphere .01
frequency and extent of forest and grass fires .01
soil mineralization .1
quantity of sea-salt aerosols .1
quantity of decomposer bacteria in soil .01
quantity of mycorrhizal fungi in soil .01
quantity of nitrifying microbes in soil .01
quantity of sulfur in soil .1
quantity of sulfur in planet's core .1
tectonic activity .1
volcanic activity .1
decline in volcanic activity .1
viscosity of Earth's core at core boundaries .01
biomass to comet-infall ratio .01
regularity of cometary infall .1
dependency factors (estimate) 100,000,000,000
longevity requirements (estimate) .00001
Probability for combined occurrence of all 75 parameters = 10-99

Maximum possible number of planets in universe = 1023

Taken from Ross, H. 1998. Big Bang Refined by Fire. Reasons To Believe, Pasadena, CA.

By putting together probabilities for each of these design features occurring by chance, we can calculate the probability of the existence of a planet like Earth. This probability is 1 chance in 1099. Since there are estimated to be a maximum of only 1023 planets in the universe (10 planets/star, see note below), by chance there shouldn't be any planets capable of supporting life in the universe. Our existence suggests divine intervention and design. The design and care with which the laws of physics, the universe, our galaxy, our solar system, and the planet Earth were crafted suggests that God is caring and loving. He put in a lot of time in the design and creation of the universe so that we would have a nice place to live for such a short period of time.

Back to The Incredible Design of the Earth

Astronomers Ponder Lack of Planets in Globular Cluster from the Hubble Space Telescope).

Hey, in the spirit of the OP, if you REALLY want to delve into something that suggests God at work, look no further than the science of quantum physics and the subatomic universe. In quantum mechanics there is this phenomenon called "entangled particles" or "quantum entanglement." Einstein calls this "spooky action at a distance." Any subatomic particle can be connected to another identical particle billions of light years apart. Measuring and observing the parameters of one particle will dictate the properties of the other particle instantly. This means information is traveling billions of light years instantaneously, faster than the speed of light. Nothing has explained this in science and nothing logically can, it's beyond our comprehension, yet we know that it is happening.

The uncertainty principle of Werner Heisenberg is another mysterious phenomenon. As we've tried to pinpoint and measure certain fundamental elements of nature, we've learned that nature will not allow us to do so because nature doesn't know. This means we can never be certain of anything absolutely. Electrons and subatomic particles can be in two places at the same time or not exist at all and we can never accurately predict where they will be.

The infamous "double-slit experiment" is over 100 years old and remains perplexing to modern science. We can shoot photons through a barrier with two holes or slits, the particles will form a pattern on the backdrop behind the barrier in relation to the two holes... when we're observing them! If we don't watch them, the photons act as waves and form an interference pattern on the backdrop. The act of observing the photons seems to determine how they behave, but it gets even more bizarre. If we try to measure without observing, the photons seem to go back in time and change.

In basic physics, if we throw a baseball against a brick wall, it bounces off the wall because it doesn't have enough energy to penetrate the wall. BUT... in the quantum subatomic universe, a particle can pass through a barrier even without the apparent energy to do so. It's as if the particle "borrows" energy from the future to appear on the other side. Spooky action indeed!

Finally, there is this thing called "dark matter" which interestingly makes up the vast majority of our universe. We can't see it or explain it, we just know it is there because it seemingly has gravitational properties. This dark matter is what is believed to hold our physical universe together, but again... we don't know. Is it a particle we've yet to discover? Is it something in another dimension we can't comprehend?

Well, you know what I think about your notion that (1) phenomena at the subatomic level cannot be logically explained or that (2) we can never be certain of anything absolutely.

That's the imposition of your metaphysics. The Relational, Copenhagen and Many-worlds interpretations, for example, reject your metaphysics regarding logic and uncertainty altogether.

Neither one of your conclusions necessarily follow, especially the latter, for it is inherently contradictory, self-negating and, therefore, positively proves the opposite must be true. Indeed, we are compelled to explain subatomic phenomena via the universal laws of thought mathematically, and today we know that the so-called uncertainty principle is actually an inherent characteristic of wave-like systems, a basic property of quantum phenomena interacting with the technology used to detect or observe. Also, the mathematical calculi of the probability wave permits us to accurately predict the results in certain experiments. Back to the double-slit, for example, the problem is attempting to detect the position of subatomic particles/waves between the space-time of the emitter and the screen at any given point.

On the other hand, I agree with what you’re ultimately getting at with regard to the ramifications of infinite probability and divinity, But don’t expect the likes of Hollie or Taz to follow as they're be thinking the pseudoscientific blather of amateurish materialists, namely, the God in the gaps fallacy, which has nothing to do with what we're alluding to.

You're starting to understand evolution. Keep it up! :clap2:

Taz and Hollie, get this through your thick skulls: you're dealing with intellects that are vastly superior to yours, persons who do understand evolutionary theory, albeit, persons who are more impressed by the findings of the hard, mathematic sciences than they are with the regnant, more metaphysically driven theory of evolution in biology. The core of our conviction is that of the absolutist banking on the apriority of logical and mathematical certainty ultimately premised on the absolute certainty of divine consciousness. Folks like myself who reject the construct of an evolutionary common ancestry do not do so because they lack an accurate or competent understanding of evolutionary theory. On the contrary, we reject it due to a highly developed understanding of it in the face of profound metaphysical and mathematic problems that the theory does not and cannot account for, problems that the likes of you clearly do not grasp at all.

Forum List

Back