‘Not humane’: PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog

I disagree, people who know what they are doing can take what you call junk and make it a priceless piece of work.

If they are that in need of a hobby, good for them.

But don't put on airs, and expect me to play along.
Would you care to explain your response and how it had to do with what I wrote?

I don't want to spend that kind of time "fixing" a dog. If someone else does, good for them.

And sometimes, people that do, are doing so, to virtue signal, like the snowflakes at PETA from the OP.
with your mindset, you shouldn't have an ant farm much less a dog.
It not a fucking hobby

Agreed. I will spend hours at a stretch on my hobbies and enjoy it.

IF my dog requires that much time and attention, I want a better dog.
And you have just proven it's not the dog but the owner.

My purebred dog is spayed and has never bred. I am being responsible with my dog and ensuring there are no unwanted puppies.

I feel no responsibility to adopt a dog from irresponsible pet owners.

I prefer a purebred because I know the characteristics and temperament I will get. With a rescue, it is a crapshoot. You may get a wonderful dog or you may get a dog with issues.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
'Not humane': PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog - ENM NEWS
For every purebred animal that a person buys they should adopt two from the animal shelter

I bought my pure breed dog from a registered breeder. Without any issues inflicted by an abusive previous owner.

Buying a shelter dog is like buying a used car from a junk dealer.

Why does it have to be so black and white? I've gotten 7 animals from shelters and they've all been very friendly and great around children.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
Oh, so it’s not for looking like a dog. Got it.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

PETA, the only people that can make AOC look sane.

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.
Plenty of inbred ‘purebred’ dogs have serious health and behavior problems and a large percentage of them end up in shelters. But keep spouting your sanctimony.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

For every purebred animal that a person buys they should adopt two from the animal shelter

I bought my pure breed dog from a registered breeder. Without any issues inflicted by an abusive previous owner.

Buying a shelter dog is like buying a used car from a junk dealer.
The majority of shelter dogs have zero experience of abuse - and a substantial number are the unpurchased purebreds dumped by irresponsible breeders. A great many breeders are irresponsible, despite what their website might lead you to think - I know, I’ve prosecuted animal neglect cases and researched the issues at length. A lot of people shelling out hundreds and thousands for purebred pups have no idea they are buying an animal born to an exhausted overbred dam who was very likely bred to her own father or a sibling. But tell yourself whatever you like and enjoy the veterinary bills and diminished lifespan of your inferior purebred animal.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.
Plenty of inbred ‘purebred’ dogs have serious health and behavior problems and a large percentage of them end up in shelters. But keep spouting your sanctimony.

My statement was one of pure self interest. That is pretty much the opposite of sanctimony.

You are very confused.

My purebred dog is spayed and has never bred. I am being responsible with my dog and ensuring there are no unwanted puppies.

I prefer a purebred because I know the characteristics and temperament I will get. With a rescue, it is a crapshoot. You may get a wonderful dog or you may get a dog with issues.

Purebred dogs can be a crapshoot too - you can certainly expect a particular size and conformation, but you cannot reliably expect a particular temperament especially where there is so much irresponsible breeding. The AKC and other organizations are a joke - they sell their accreditation without putting any resources into regulation and many of the breeders they sell it to are not breeding for the betterment of the breed, but instead for the $10-30k they can profit per litter depending on their marketing skills and the market for the breed they are producing.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

My statement was one of pure self interest. That is pretty much the opposite of sanctimony.

You are very confused.
I’m confused? You apparently can’t comprehend a dictionary entry.

Purebred dogs can be a crapshoot too - you can certainly expect a particular size and conformation, but you cannot reliably expect a particular temperament especially where there is so much irresponsible breeding. The AKC and other organizations are a joke - they sell their accreditation without putting any resources into regulation and many of the breeders they sell it to are not breeding for the betterment of the breed, but instead for the $10-30k they can profit per litter depending on their marketing skills and the market for the breed they are producing.

I've never met an aggressive or hostile lab. Nor a german shepard that was not extremely territorial and protective.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

You are very confused.

Mmm, no. YOu are the one that can't read.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

You are very confused.

Why don’t you just post this: :10: as it most accurately reflects the intellect substance of your argument.

You are very confused.

Why don’t you just post this: :10: as it most accurately reflects the intellect substance of your argument.

You are accusing me on acting morally superior to other people, when my post was all about basing my decision on pure self interest INSTEAD of morality.

I've never met an aggressive or hostile lab. Nor a german shepard that was not extremely territorial and protective.

Labs bite kids all the time - look up the stats on dog bites in this country. Labs are a hugely popular breed so statistically it stands to reason they will account for a substantial percentage of dog bites.

ALL DOGS ARE UNPREDICTABLE. ALL DOGS. ALL BREEDS.

Cute little ankle biters are the most likely to BITE - they just don’t usually kill because of their size. They can disfigure a child’s face for life, though.

The only problem with dogs - purebred or mixed breed - is the humans who raise and handle them. A mixed breed dog is every bit as good as a purebred and very often healthier physically and thus generally also leads to better mental health as well - a sick dog is more likely to have temperament issues, just like sick people more often suffer mental health issues.

But some of you idiots will keep harping how your purebred is better until the end of time. Says more about you than about your pooch.

You are very confused.

You are accusing me on acting morally superior to other people, when my post was all about basing my decision on pure self interest INSTEAD of morality.
Go back and read what you wrote & posted - it was a sanctimonious judgment of people who advocate for rescue dogs.

Now please stop wasting my time with your childish responses - you’re proven yourself to be both willfully ignorant and arrogant, a combination I find revolting.

Labs bite kids all the time - look up the stats on dog bites in this country. Labs are a hugely popular breed so statistically it stands to reason they will account for a substantial percentage of dog bites.

ALL DOGS ARE UNPREDICTABLE. ALL DOGS. ALL BREEDS.

Cute little ankle biters are the most likely to BITE - they just don’t usually kill because of their size. They can disfigure a child’s face for life, though.

The only problem with dogs - purebred or mixed breed - is the humans who raise and handle them. A mixed breed dog is every bit as good as a purebred and very often healthier physically and thus generally also leads to better mental health as well - a sick dog is more likely to have temperament issues, just like sick people more often suffer mental health issues.

But some of you idiots will keep harping how your purebred is better until the end of time. Says more about you than about your pooch.

I've visited a friend of mine, who shared at least part of your belief system. Their attempts to get their german shepard mix to be comfortable around guests, not only utterly failed, but led me to make sure that I would not have their problems when people visited me or my family.

I walk my dog around my neighborhood. Some neighbors have german shepards. They totally share your world view. They train the shit out of those dogs. I see the dogs WANT to be friendly with my dog. They wag their tails and try to approach. But ANYTHING, sets them off, EVERY TIME. It is actually fairly sad.

I take my dog to an off leash area at a near by park. And watch how different breeds interact.

Breeds matter.

You are very confused.

Go back and read what you wrote & posted - it was a sanctimonious judgment of people who advocate for rescue dogs.

Now please stop wasting my time with your childish responses - you’re provn yourself to be both willfully ignorant and arrogant, a combination I find revolting.

Nope. It was a judgement of people who are sanctimonious about their advocacy of rescue dogs.

That struck close to home, which is why you are angry.

Now please stop wasting my time with your childish responses - you’re provn yourself to be both willfully ignorant and arrogant, a combination I find revolting.

Nope. It was a judgement of people who are sanctimonious about their advocacy of rescue dogs.

That struck close to home, which is why you are angry.
Ah, the middle aged man who thinks he can see inside other people’s heads. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back