Notes from Colorado town hall meeting

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Was the biggest #######jerkoff I've ever seen. They wouldn't let most of us in the same room as "our" state Senator, and they wouldn't let even more on the same ####### floor as the meeting. I wish I could tell you what she had to say, but I never got within 100m of the "townhall".
User Info
AmericanPeople

USA CO, USA
Link To This Post

Posted: Yesterday 4:03:41 PM
[Last Edit: Yesterday 4:35:04 PM by AmericanPeople]
I got there at 910 AM for a 1000 AM meeting. There were plenty of people already there. Just a WAG at about 300 in the room and unknown number outside.

I walked around with a PMag in my pocket and several people wanted to buy it.

While Senator Angela Giron listened to the people, my impression is that she will vote for the bills.

My best recollection of comments made by her that support this view are as follows. If I am wrong someone can correct me. Opinions/reading between the lines also follow.

1) She emphasized "well-regulated" in reading the Second Amendment

2) She mentioned military weapons such as bazookas to support not letting us have commonly available firearms.

3) She mentioned two million background checks being denied to mean that two million people who should not have a firearm were prevented from getting one.

4) About 95% of the people in the room were against all the bills, yet she throws out numbers of constituents in the district to suggest that the hundreds there were a minority.

(Added) After the meeting I was able to let Senator Giron see the PMag and I mentioned that it was a standard capacity magazine for an AR15. She responded with "5, 6?" and I told her thirty...standard capacity.

She (and the entire Senate) was offered a free gun safety course. Several women offered to go shooting with her with an instructor.

My view, based upon the Colorado Judiciary Committee and House vote comments posted elsewhere here is that on this issue, Democrats are largely uninformed, unwilling to take a critical look at statistics, and ideologues. Based upon some comments I have heard from Democrats, I have to consider that some outright lie since the ignorance/venom filled rhetoric of some cannot be attributed to mere ineptness.

watch colorado turn into another DC

Last edited:
Just another example of a leftist trying to represent their view as a majority opinion, when it's not. CO as a whole is pretty conservative with a few liberal enclaves.

Forum List

Back