🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed is it OK to build the Ground Zero Mosque ??

Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

first it was one of the owners of fox news pushing for that , next its not at ground zero , its two block away , they have had one closer for ears so what the hell the problem

1) It's probably already too late but they ripped down a building that had been there since the civil war and was part of the underground railway. Losing a part of our heritage is a big reason against it.

2) The Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed on 9/11 still hasn't received a permit to rebuild. They wanted to build a community center and a memorial to 9/11 but were turned down, now it's okay for a Mosque 2 blocks away on historical property to build a community center? Why? The GOC should have had their permit long before the Mosque ever got theirs.

So, in case I just missed it, did Sunni Man ever post his evidence that Rauf endorsed the killing of Bin Laden?

I don't think the government at any level should block the building of the mosque if the current zoning allows the mosque.

I do think if the Muslims are interested in bridge building and a gesture of peace, reconciliation, and tolerance, they will choose to build the facility at least a few blocks away from ground zero rather than right in its shadow.

Those interested in reconciliation are sensitive to still raw wounds and don't rub salt into those wounds however well intended the intent. To make a choice to not increase the distress of the 9/11 families would be a beautiful guesture of tolerance and a real witness to promoting a new era of peace and understanding.

It is a few blocks away...........................I wish that were good enough for people, it could be 20 blocks away and the drivel would be the same.

The people who connect all of islam with 9/11 are the ones with a problem, not all muslims.

I have noticed.

Before bin Laden's death.

About every third thread was something negative about Muslims or Islam.

Now there are very few about either of the subjects.

So I assumed that most Americans had satisfied their bloodlust for revenge.

Now they hava a sense of victory over Muslims and Islam.

It's actually people like you, as much as people like Bin Laden, that create anti-Muslim sentiments. You do it for entertainment. I find that despicable.

So, Muslims should move their fucking Mosque.... because that is the decent and honorable thing to do. The question, of course, is.... are Muslims decent and honorable. Judging by your own behavior, I'd have to say no. Fortunately, I know other Muslims to actually are decent and honorable... and they are against the Mosque.
There were allegedly 19 Muslims involved in 911

So why should 1.5 billion Muslims be forced to share the guilt with them?

The dishonorable thing would be for Muslims not to build the mosque.

Then they would be buying in to the false guilt trip that you are trying to saddle them with

Nice try, pig fucker. I do NOT consider islam a legitimate religion, with your PEDOPHILE PROPHET commanding you all to SAW THE HEAD OFF anyone who doesn't become a muslim.

Fuck your bastard religion, fuck mohammed your pedophile false prophet, and fuck you.

Too bad you didn't write the Bill of Rights....you could have made sure the 1st Amendment only applied to speech, religion, etc. that you liked.

I'd have included all people calling themselves "bodecea" will be committed for being mentally retarded.

I have no doubt that that is something you would have tried to do. Because that is the kind of person you are.

Nice try, pig fucker. I do NOT consider islam a legitimate religion, with your PEDOPHILE PROPHET commanding you all to SAW THE HEAD OFF anyone who doesn't become a muslim.

Fuck your bastard religion, fuck mohammed your pedophile false prophet, and fuck you.

Too bad you didn't write the Bill of Rights....you could have made sure the 1st Amendment only applied to speech, religion, etc. that you liked.

Hey "history major" too bad YOU don't understand (well anything) that the First Amendment protects individuals from government abuse of their rights. It does NOT protect you from Pale Rider telling you you're a fucking idiot, nor does it protect Muslims from being called named by Pale Rider. It also doesn't prevent you from calling him names for doing so. Do you see how that works "history major?"

history major my ass :rofl:

Well, you could always have me arrested, Connie. :lol: You and Pale Rider have a great deal in common....you wish our government could be used to shut down people you don't like.

Last edited:
You're blind. I already said I'd take issue if a church was being built on that land.

And yes, there is something wrong with the local government and the Muslims took advantage of that. That makes them part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Interesting viewpoint. If you think taxes aren't alloted correctly should the person getting the lucky break just write the government a check to make it more fair? Because of course if they didn't they'd be part of the problem, since government isn't only to blame.

Since the person here not paying his fair property taxes is Bill Gates, I'd say, Yeah, absolutely.

BTW, I fought against a megachurch in my own city, does that make me anti Christian?

As for fair taxes, our house went down in value by a third but our property taxes went down less than 10%. If I could pay less, I would. I think the Muslims bribed the council to get their permit...this definitely makes them part of the problem. A member of the megachurch was on our city counsel so it didn't matter how many people spoke out against it, they built it. You think there's not corruption in this country, you're blind.

The Greek Orthodox Church should have been permitted to rebuild before granting ANY other building permits. Every building that was destroyed on 9/11 should have been at the head of the line for building permits.

I'm shocked someone else is getting a break and should write that check on their own, and you're getting screwed and should have to pay less.

With your posts I'm certain that if you were getting a lucky tax break you'd be writing checks to the government til your pen ran out of ink.

I'm certain of that.............

Completely certain........................................

I don't think the government at any level should block the building of the mosque if the current zoning allows the mosque.

I do think if the Muslims are interested in bridge building and a gesture of peace, reconciliation, and tolerance, they will choose to build the facility at least a few blocks away from ground zero rather than right in its shadow.

Those interested in reconciliation are sensitive to still raw wounds and don't rub salt into those wounds however well intended the intent. To make a choice to not increase the distress of the 9/11 families would be a beautiful guesture of tolerance and a real witness to promoting a new era of peace and understanding.

It is a few blocks away...........................I wish that were good enough for people, it could be 20 blocks away and the drivel would be the same.

The people who connect all of islam with 9/11 are the ones with a problem, not all muslims.

You have a point, it seems to be getting worse by the day too.

Now that the American people have gotten their revenge with the death of Osama bin Laden.

Would be building of the so called Ground Zero Mosque now be a non-issue? :cool:

My answer is the same as before. Building up a muslim monument there is a bad idea. Leave what they have there the way it is.

Interesting viewpoint. If you think taxes aren't alloted correctly should the person getting the lucky break just write the government a check to make it more fair? Because of course if they didn't they'd be part of the problem, since government isn't only to blame.

Since the person here not paying his fair property taxes is Bill Gates, I'd say, Yeah, absolutely.

BTW, I fought against a megachurch in my own city, does that make me anti Christian?

As for fair taxes, our house went down in value by a third but our property taxes went down less than 10%. If I could pay less, I would. I think the Muslims bribed the council to get their permit...this definitely makes them part of the problem. A member of the megachurch was on our city counsel so it didn't matter how many people spoke out against it, they built it. You think there's not corruption in this country, you're blind.

The Greek Orthodox Church should have been permitted to rebuild before granting ANY other building permits. Every building that was destroyed on 9/11 should have been at the head of the line for building permits.

I'm shocked someone else is getting a break and should write that check on their own, and you're getting screwed and should have to pay less.

With your posts I'm certain that if you were getting a lucky tax break you'd be writing checks to the government til your pen ran out of ink.

In all honesty I think we should end property taxes. They made sense when we were an aguarian society and made our money from the land but no one, should ever be taxed out of their home and it's happening every day in America.

We've reached the point where our taxes and insurance are more than our house-payment, almost double. Does that make sense to anyone?

And what the heck does this have to do with the Muslims bribing the city council to get that permit anyway? And no I don't have proof. But there was something funny going on there just as when the megachurch got their permit from our city.

My answer is the same as before. Building up a muslim monument there is a bad idea. Leave what they have there the way it is.

I would have agreed, but they already tore down the historical building. Wonder if they could rebuild it as a museum?

In all honesty I think we should end property taxes. They made sense when we were an aguarian society and made our money from the land but no one, should ever be taxed out of their home and it's happening every day in America.

We've reached the point where our taxes and insurance are more than our house-payment, almost double. Does that make sense to anyone?

And what the heck does this have to do with the Muslims bribing the city council to get that permit anyway? And no I don't have proof. But there was something funny going on there just as when the megachurch got their permit from our city.

Alright there we go, it all makes sense now.

You've created a crazy story in your head to try and give yourself a legitimate reason to put most of the blame on muslims.

Alright there we go, it all makes sense now.

You've created a crazy story in your head to try and give yourself a legitimate reason to put most of the blame on muslims.

Yeah, and it's a crazy story in my head that put most of the blame on the megachurch as well.

It's just a coincidence that the guy that runs it has $millions and a member of his church is on our city council.

It's just a coincidence that the Iman responsible for this thing has all the money for the mosque but owns slum buildings in NY that he won't bring up to code.

When I personally talked tp Imam Rauf.

He told me that he did not realize that this was going to be a problem.

In Islam you are required to go to the mosque and pray five times per day.

So most Muslims will buy houses or move into rental property that is close to the mosque so that they can easily walk there.

So there is a large Muslim community in that area within walking distance of the original Mosque.

Now there are far too many Muslims to fit into the mosque for the prayer services.

Thus the need for a larger mosque which is close to the location of the original one.

If they are forced to build the new mosque several miles away then the original community will be forced to relocate.

So most Muslims will buy houses or move into rental property that is close to the mosque so that they can easily walk there.

So there is a large Muslim community in that area within walking distance of the original Mosque.

Now there are far too many Muslims to fit into the mosque for the prayer services.

Thus the need for a larger mosque which is close to the location of the original one.

If they are forced to build the new mosque several miles away then the original community will be forced to relocate.

Are these people living in his slum tenement buildings with all the code violations?

I love the hypocrisy they show by telling us not to lump all Muslims in with terrorists as they turn right around and lump anyone who says shit about this mosque in with a few idiots who are actively saying anyone should prevent them from building it.

Of course it's just business as usual around here apparently so why would the hypocrisy shock anyone I suppose?

Are these people living in his slum tenement buildings with all the code violations?

Why would anyone have to relocate? That' just some more of Sunni Man's bullshit. NYC has a pretty good mass transit system. I think people could find a way to travel 2 miles to go to Mosque.

Why would anyone have to relocate? That' just some more of Sunni Man's bullshit. NYC has a pretty good mass transit system. I think people could find a way to travel 2 miles to go to Mosque.

Why should they be forced to suffer that inconvenience just to satisfy the whim of non-Muslims ?

I love the hypocrisy they show by telling us not to lump all Muslims in with terrorists as they turn right around and lump anyone who says shit about this mosque in with a few idiots who are actively saying anyone should prevent them from building it.

Of course it's just business as usual around here apparently so why would the hypocrisy shock anyone I suppose?

High Gravity was responding to me and I'm certainly not doing what you're talking about.

But if you lump all 1.7 billion muslims and the entire religion with 9/11, that's your problem, not theirs.

Forum List

Back