🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now that Trump has cancelled all flights from Europe for 30 days....

....will the media and the Democrats finally stop saying Trump isn't doing enough to stop the Coronavirus?

Trump suspends travel from Europe for 30 days as coronavirus cases continue to grow
I don't know if this measure is really necessary to ensure the safety of all of you in the US.
But if this executive order saved only 1 life it would be a good thing! :)

Well shit, by that standard let’s lower our speed limits to 35 across the board including highways, think of all the lives that would be saved
There is no comparison between car accidents and COVID 19
Covid 19 is a disease caused by an extremely dangerous virus!
It looks like we have a pandemic all over the world! (at least this is what the World Health Organization says :dunno:)
and? we have them quite often. this one just got the media to push it.

What is a pandemic?

....will the media and the Democrats finally stop saying Trump isn't doing enough to stop the Coronavirus?

Trump suspends travel from Europe for 30 days as coronavirus cases continue to grow

Except flights from Great Britain, which has a lot of cases. And why hasn't he banned flights from South Korea?

It's not just that Trump hasn't done enough to stop corona virus, he continues to lie about it, attempt to politicize it, and pretend that it's some sort of anti-Trump conspiracy.

President Trump has consulted with Top doctors in the field of epidemiology.

The best.

Guys that really know their shit.

BTW, the liberals fought against President Trump stopping flights from Red China, they said it was "racist". When they did that, in attempt to make Trump look like a racist/sexist/homophobe, they lost the high ground to criticize anything he's done since.

Really? Canada had their first case at the same time as the USA. Canada did NOT ban flights from anywhere. To date, we haven’t had a single case of community transmission.

You still have no real ability to test for the virus and it’s out of control as a result. The USA is on the same outbreak trajectory as China and Italy.
Because nobody travels to Canada. Nobody cares about Canada.

I don't know if this measure is really necessary to ensure the safety of all of you in the US.
But if this executive order saved only 1 life it would be a good thing! :)

Well shit, by that standard let’s lower our speed limits to 35 across the board including highways, think of all the lives that would be saved
There is no comparison between car accidents and COVID 19
Covid 19 is a disease caused by an extremely dangerous virus!
It looks like we have a pandemic all over the world! (at least this is what the World Health Organization says :dunno:)
and? we have them quite often. this one just got the media to push it.

What is a pandemic?
But this pandemic seems to be particularly deadly, if I can say so :(

billions of people in the world. you're not going to stop them all and i don't think it's fair to think someone could. he could have shut down travel immediately and it still would have come over here. people find a way to get around barriers to where they want to be. human nature.

so we could have cut off travel sooner, but would it have saved anything?
will ending the basketball season stop anyone from getting this?

many on the left love their END OF TIMES situations even if they have to create them. global warming. no wait, another ice age. no wait, it's getting warm again, no wait...their general habit (and yes the right can do this too but nowhere near to the same level) is to push everything to max drama and cry foul and look for people to blame. ok the right does that more than just a little too.

whether the threat is real or media derived, trump still has to deal with it and the only thing to be guaranteed is he will be told what he is doing is wrong. usually by people who offer no help or advice of their own, just bitch at those trying.

I guess the way I look at it, it is here and disrupting the economy even more is not going to stop it.
There is one girl that has it that just returned from studying abroad in Italy. She flew into Chicago and took Amtrak to St Louis. Nothing in the world could have prevented this. How many people did she come in contact with between living Italy and arriving at her house? Easily hundreds if not thousands.

What does stopping traffic from Europe do now? It is here already.

Does this ban include American citizens trying to return home?

And none of this is bashing Trump, I think he has done as good as anyone could have. His need to turn everything into a campaign ad is tiring but it is who he is.

Our economy is being fucked by this bug and I am not sure travel bans now help more than they hurt.
Maine has no cases. Zip, zilch, nada.
The University of Maine system announced this morning that it has cancelled all on campus classes; Spring Break begins this weekend and all students are ordered to go home and not return to campus. The professors will be trying to figure out how to continue their classes online when the Break is over.

I realize it is to keep us at zero cases with masses of students who will be traveling to nice warm beaches over Break. But it is alarming all the same and I can't help thinking it is overkill. Plus some of the professors who depend on lecture and labs are going to be having a shit fit. It's not like they can find an online course to use for their class. They are midway through their course.

Oh brother, this is a mess.
i fully we agree we need to do something. shutting down our entire social economic system is going to, in my mind, cause more pain than the virus.

my 401k and investments are in a free fall but it is what it is. i still have a job and can support myself, home or in the office. there are far too many who depends on these events, social, educational, or the like, to simply put food on the table. removing that puts a serious hurt on them.

basketball, concerts, sxsw in austin - all now are missing revenue that will haunt them shortly, if not already. it will seriously hurt those who depend on this to simply pay bills.

i don't have a good answer. people are going to do what they do. it just sucks.
I dont have a good answer either,

but agree fully that the economic damage will remain long after the commie virus is in remission

stock prices have collapsed many times in the past but they always come back

sit tight and you will be ok
oh, i ain't going anywhere. but who would have believed we'd be looking at going under 20k on the dow?

got no choice but to wait it out.
I never could have imagined whats happening on wall street now

For some reason this comes to mind...

View attachment 311895
Really? When he put China on the no fly list you lefties called him racist. That was a month before you began saying he wasn’t doing enough.

And their Messiah Barry Hussein did nothing while 12,000 Americans died from H1N1.
anyone interested can of course look up what obama did during H1N1 pandemic. why post such obvious bullshit as above i would normally ask, but this is usmb.

Are you kidding? No. They will simply now add that he is wrecking the world economy and fueling global panic.

I guess the way I look at it, it is here and disrupting the economy even more is not going to stop it.
There is one girl that has it that just returned from studying abroad in Italy. She flew into Chicago and took Amtrak to St Louis. Nothing in the world could have prevented this. How many people did she come in contact with between living Italy and arriving at her house? Easily hundreds if not thousands.

What does stopping traffic from Europe do now? It is here already.

Does this ban include American citizens trying to return home?

And none of this is bashing Trump, I think he has done as good as anyone could have. His need to turn everything into a campaign ad is tiring but it is who he is.

Our economy is being fucked by this bug and I am not sure travel bans now help more than they hurt.
The University of Maine system announced this morning that it has cancelled all on campus classes; Spring Break begins this weekend and all students are ordered to go home and not return to campus. The professors will be trying to figure out how to continue their classes online when the Break is over.

I realize it is to keep us at zero cases with masses of students who will be traveling to nice warm beaches over Break. But it is alarming all the same and I can't help thinking it is overkill. Plus some of the professors who depend on lecture and labs are going to be having a shit fit. It's not like they can find an online course to use for their class. They are midway through their course.

i fully we agree we need to do something. shutting down our entire social economic system is going to, in my mind, cause more pain than the virus.

my 401k and investments are in a free fall but it is what it is. i still have a job and can support myself, home or in the office. there are far too many who depends on these events, social, educational, or the like, to simply put food on the table. removing that puts a serious hurt on them.

basketball, concerts, sxsw in austin - all now are missing revenue that will haunt them shortly, if not already. it will seriously hurt those who depend on this to simply pay bills.

but agree fully that the economic damage will remain long after the commie virus is in remission

oh, i ain't going anywhere. but who would have believed we'd be looking at going under 20k on the dow?

it's a slaughter of never seen before slaughterings.

it's a slaughter of never seen before slaughterings.
I agree

For some reason this comes to mind...

View attachment 311895
Really? When he put China on the no fly list you lefties called him racist. That was a month before you began saying he wasn’t doing enough.

And their Messiah Barry Hussein did nothing while 12,000 Americans died from H1N1.
anyone interested can of course look up what obama did during H1N1 pandemic. why post such obvious bullshit as above i would normally ask, but this is usmb.
12,000 dead Americans.

A couple of Jewish folks doing Jewish things pretty much infected all of the New York metro area, and then like the Saudis in 9/11 are allowed to fly back to their home country. Very scary! How did the Jewish folks acquire the Chinese Flu disease? And why aren't all flights from Israel banned for 30 days? The middle east is Satanic!

Except flights from Great Britain, which has a lot of cases. And why hasn't he banned flights from South Korea?

It's not just that Trump hasn't done enough to stop corona virus, he continues to lie about it, attempt to politicize it, and pretend that it's some sort of anti-Trump conspiracy.

President Trump has consulted with Top doctors in the field of epidemiology.

The best.

Guys that really know their shit.

BTW, the liberals fought against President Trump stopping flights from Red China, they said it was "racist". When they did that, in attempt to make Trump look like a racist/sexist/homophobe, they lost the high ground to criticize anything he's done since.

Really? Canada had their first case at the same time as the USA. Canada did NOT ban flights from anywhere. To date, we haven’t had a single case of community transmission.

You still have no real ability to test for the virus and it’s out of control as a result. The USA is on the same outbreak trajectory as China and Italy.
Canada has reported more than 100 cases of novel coronavirus disease
Yep, and some of those were communicated in Canada, so once again Dragonlady is a lying sack.

Another idiotic travel ban. Yay Dotard! Travel bans are all he seems to be able to do. It's the old "we good - ferners BAD". Pull up the drawbridge and those bad germs will never get in!! Problem is, the axe murderer is already in the house.

Futures tanked another 1000 points because he didn't address the real issues: Hospital preparedness and TESTING. And what about some unemployment insurance and sick leave for those who've been furloughed and laid off, and those who are sent home with no health insurance or guaranteed pay?

A yeoman's job by Little Jared and Stephen Miller of writing a speech for the orange deer in the headlights. Experts had to jump in and clarify that Americans would be exempt and cargo actually WAS allowed. Wherever Donald goes, a cleanup crew must follow with poop scoopers.

And what's with an exemption for the UK? Anyone in Europe can pop over to Heathrow and catch a flight to the US. South Korea too? Just WoW. Plus, Americans are allowed to go anywhere and bring the virus back with them.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Great job at "calming the markets" you fucking assclown. :icon_rolleyes:

21,875.58 −1,677.64 (7.12%)
Mar 12, 10:57 AM EDT

c6f0bc9e742be0f313e7a76c3331abca.jpg

obama in april 2009:

"And if there was ever a day that reminded us of our shared stake in science and research, it's today. We are closely monitoring the emerging cases of swine flu in the United States. And this is obviously a cause for concern and requires a heightened state of alert. But it's not a cause for alarm. The Department of Health and Human Services has declared a public health emergency as a precautionary tool to ensure that we have the resources we need at our disposal to respond quickly and effectively. And I'm getting regular updates on the situation from the responsible agencies. And the Department of Health and Human Services as well as the Centers for Disease Control will be offering regular updates to the American people. And Secretary Napolitano will be offering regular updates to the American people, as well, so that they know what steps are being taken and what steps they may need to take.

But one thing is clear -- our capacity to deal with a public health challenge of this sort rests heavily on the work of our scientific and medical community. And this is one more example of why we can't allow our nation to fall behind.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what's happened.

Federal funding in the physical sciences as a portion of our gross domestic product has fallen by nearly half over the past quarter century. Time and again we've allowed the research and experimentation tax credit, which helps businesses grow and innovate, to lapse.

Our schools continue to trail other developed countries and, in some cases, developing countries. Our students are outperformed in math and science by their peers in Singapore, Japan, England, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Korea, among others. Another assessment shows American 15-year-olds ranked 25th in math and 21st in science when compared to nations around the world. And we have watched as scientific integrity has been undermined and scientific research politicized in an effort to advance predetermined ideological agendas.

We know that our country is better than this. A half century ago, this nation made a commitment to lead the world in scientific and technological innovation; to invest in education, in research, in engineering; to set a goal of reaching space and engaging every citizen in that historic mission. That was the high water mark of America's investment in research and development. And since then our investments have steadily declined as a share of our national income. As a result, other countries are now beginning to pull ahead in the pursuit of this generation's great discoveries.

I believe it is not in our character, the American character, to follow. It's our character to lead. And it is time for us to lead once again. So I'm here today to set this goal: We will devote more than 3 percent of our GDP to research and development. We will not just meet, but we will exceed the level achieved at the height of the space race, through policies that invest in basic and applied research, create new incentives for private innovation, promote breakthroughs in energy and medicine, and improve education in math and science. (Applause.)

This represents the largest commitment to scientific research and innovation in American history.

trump in march 2020: calls hannity and blabbers about his "hunch" that official numbers are wrong, etc...

Libs will do whatever they can to sabotage the President's tremendous plan.

Fact.

Libs now consider it to be racist, sexist as well as homophobic to wash your hands after using the can. Expect antifa and other lib activists to vandalize sinks in public rest rooms to stop the President's advocacy for hand washing.

The candidates for the Democrat nomination, Crazy Bernie and Sleepy Joe, should address the question about hand washing in their upcoming debate.
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Sen. McConnell didn't try to sabotage B. Hussein O at all.

The Republicans never subjected him to Fake Impeachment
What exactly is a "fake impeachment"?

Forum List

Back