Now the push is for "medical" magic mushrooms

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Soon, they'll be claiming that meth and heroin cures the common cold.

There's something in magic mushrooms that's shown to ease anxiety and depression in cancer patients in one dose

findings that could pry open a door closed for nearly half a century, researchers have found that psilocybin — a hallucinogen long used in traditional healing rituals — eases the depression and soothes the anxiety of patients contending with serious illness and the prospect of imminent death.

In two separate studies published Thursday, researchers report that trial subjects who received a single moderate-to-large dose of psilocybin got substantial and lasting relief from their profound distress. Among 80 cancer patients who participated in the two trials, as many as 4 in 5 continued to feel measurably less hopeless and demoralized six months after taking the drug than they had upon their recruitment.

And even years later, many reported they had gained — and retained — a profound sense of peace and meaning from the experience. Of 29 cancer patients who got psilocybin in a trial conducted at New York University’s Langone Medical Center, 20 rated it as “among the most meaningful” events of their life.

“This drug saved my life and changed my life,” said Dinah Bazer, a Brooklyn, N.Y., woman who was administered a single dose of psilocybin at a New York treatment center in 2011.

There's something in magic mushrooms that's shown to ease anxiety and depression in cancer patients in one dose

findings that could pry open a door closed for nearly half a century, researchers have found that psilocybin — a hallucinogen long used in traditional healing rituals — eases the depression and soothes the anxiety of patients contending with serious illness and the prospect of imminent death.

In two separate studies published Thursday, researchers report that trial subjects who received a single moderate-to-large dose of psilocybin got substantial and lasting relief from their profound distress. Among 80 cancer patients who participated in the two trials, as many as 4 in 5 continued to feel measurably less hopeless and demoralized six months after taking the drug than they had upon their recruitment.

And even years later, many reported they had gained — and retained — a profound sense of peace and meaning from the experience. Of 29 cancer patients who got psilocybin in a trial conducted at New York University’s Langone Medical Center, 20 rated it as “among the most meaningful” events of their life.

“This drug saved my life and changed my life,” said Dinah Bazer, a Brooklyn, N.Y., woman who was administered a single dose of psilocybin at a New York treatment center in 2011.

Damn good idea...those are awesome.... ..... You obviously don't know a cancer dying person.. Get over yourself..

I think its awesome.
Pot also helps cancer. But God forbid people have some peace suffering from cancer..
Hey, that's why we have addictive substances like pills and alcohol! ROCK ON shit that will kill you!

Looking forward to the push for over the counter oxycodone.

Do you post here when you're high on mushrooms?

I might ask my oncologist for some when I see her next...lol.... I actually have some pot, but I don't like how it makes me feel along with pain pills.. I have a friend whom I met in the chemo rooms she is dying ...what difference does it make if she is high or not...?

I don't know about magic mushroom's medical benefits, but I sure as hell know about weed.

When my mother went through Chemo a decade ago she was sick, nauseous, had no energy, depressed, ate nothing and was losing weight to a dangerous level. The doctors gave her a ton of very expensive medicine. Nothing worked. She fought smoking weed for 6 months and finally gave it.

It was nothing less than a miracle drug. She got energy, finally got out of bed, got an appetite, the nausea was gone and she smiled and laughed. It was a miracle drug and all that got her through it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Anything that get's you high, they'll be making a claim whatever it is "saved" their (fill in the blank).
Soon, they'll say that huffing spray paint cures emphysema.

Let's be honest, we have legal drug dealers called pharmaceutical companies, and we have illegal drug dealers on the street. The difference between the two is very blurry when examined honestly and with intellect.

Forum List

Back