Now there's a run on bullet molds

Woot woot! I'm rich!

I just dug out my assortment to take an inventory of what I had. Kinda wish I'd bought a couple calibers I don't have back then. A few of them I got at a garage sale for $5...

bullet molds1.jpg

Can't wait for spring. I still have about 400 pounds of pure lead for the muzzle loader in the shed, and about 500 pounds of smelted lead/tin wheel weights for handguns and rifles.

Woot woot! I'm rich!

I just dug out my assortment to take an inventory of what I had. Kinda wish I'd bought a couple calibers I don't have back then. A few of them I got at a garage sale for $5...

View attachment 454807

Can't wait for spring. I still have about 400 pounds of pure lead for the muzzle loader in the shed, and about 500 pounds of smelted lead/tin wheel weights for handguns and rifles.
Now that the Dems are in power you may need one of those big Halliburton containers to lock your stuff up in.

Mold all the bullets you want...You can't get primers.

I have primers. Getting down to a couple thousand each of small pistol and large magnum pistol, and small and large rifle. Like you said, they're still unavailable at the shops. I did see some last weekend at a gun show I sent to but they were going for $30-50 per hundred for old stock that had been sitting in someone's drawer for ten years. Wish I'd bought more when they were $30 per thousand.

Jacketed bullets are scarce, especially pistol bullets. Anything in 9mm is unobtainable. I am seeing powder come in once in awhile, at the reloader's supply I use. But it's usually gone in a couple days. I've gone to using Hodgdon Titegroup on the 115-124 grain 9mm, since you use smaller charges of it and it goes a long way.

Holy crap, people are buying them up like crazy. Cheapo Lee bullet molds that cost $20 last year are bringing $150 or more on Ebay, depending on the caliber. They're out of stock at most suppliers and store, but you can still get them on Ebay if you bid high enough.

44 bullet mold -vintage -antique in Hunting Reloading Equipment | eBay

Has anybody blamed Trump yet?

You kidding?

Those wacky tdsers blame him for shit that ain't happened yet.

Just in case it does happen.

I have primers. Getting down to a couple thousand each of small pistol and large magnum pistol, and small and large rifle. Like you said, they're still unavailable at the shops. I did see some last weekend at a gun show I sent to but they were going for $30-50 per hundred for old stock that had been sitting in someone's drawer for ten years. Wish I'd bought more when they were $30 per thousand.

Jacketed bullets are scarce, especially pistol bullets. Anything in 9mm is unobtainable. I am seeing powder come in once in awhile, at the reloader's supply I use. But it's usually gone in a couple days. I've gone to using Hodgdon Titegroup on the 115-124 grain 9mm, since you use smaller charges of it and it goes a long way.

Many primers, you say?

Say... whereabouts did you say you live? Exactly, I mean...

Asking for a friend.

Many primers, you say?

Say... whereabouts did you say you live? Exactly, I mean...

Asking for a friend.
Doesn't buy into the whole NSA spying thing I guess.

Holy crap, people are buying them up like crazy. Cheapo Lee bullet molds that cost $20 last year are bringing $150 or more on Ebay, depending on the caliber. They're out of stock at most suppliers and store, but you can still get them on Ebay if you bid high enough.

44 bullet mold -vintage -antique in Hunting Reloading Equipment | eBay

I'll make my own at that price.

Exactly what I was thinking.

They're just aluminum...

I can cast that.

I carry a slingshot and a packet of gravel.
And a couple of guitar picks usually.
Crossbow works quite nicely--quiet too.
I've looked at them in pawn shops before
and damn ! Actually, I have a buddy who goes alligator gar fishing with one
in south Texas every summer.
The price of bolts is pretty dear, but with a small wood lathe you could easily make your own. There hasn't been a run on aluminum tubing or wood dowels yet either. No ballistics either.

Forum List

Back