🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

HOGWASH...BS!!

I have lived in the deep south all of my life (well except 1 yr in Florida..1 year in Alaska, and 3 years in Wisconsin), and not ONE FREAKING time have I heard such.

I lived there from 1964 through 1967, when the Civil Rights Bill was passed and at the time worked as a legal secretary in one of the Mississippi State Representative's law office in Biloxi where his wife also worked. I can guarangoddamnedtee that the same comment was made over and over again. The white southerners were extremely angry over the passage of civil rights, because many truly believed that they had been treating their Negroes civily all along (especially those that labored for them).

I didn't just make up the word.

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. darkie - (ethnic slur) offensive term for Black people
darkey, darky
derogation, disparagement, depreciation - a communication that belittles somebody or something
ethnic slur - a slur on someone's race or language
Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid, Black - a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa)

I never said there was no racism. You did say ''commonly heard''. I grew up here, and I am saying I didn't commonly hear. And I don't.

And btw..this is 2010.

I say "commonly heard" because I was obviously a Yankee so using the term "darkie" was softer in my presence. You wouldn't be trying to convince us that there aren't still huge numbers of southern whites who use all sorts of slanderous and insulting denigrations toward black people, would you? If so, then I have several websites where you can see for yourself the number of people whose bigotry has been bubbling up and they now have open forums where they can spew their unadulterated hatred for blacks.

Apparently I grew up in Alabama. Apparently I now have as one neighbor a black family (wonderful people)...and on the other side a Jewish couple from Israel...and on my street there are more blacks than whites....and guess what?? We all get along PERFECTLY.
The ignorant type casting is half the problem in this country.

The most racism I actually heard was when I lived in Wisconsin.

Wow....I only stayed a week and saw and heard more white racist remarks than you have and you live there. Odd? I think so.

Seems you tend to hang out with racists :eusa_angel:
thats what i was thinking as i read his post

Apparently, you have never ventured into Alabama or Mississippi....

Apparently I grew up in Alabama. Apparently I now have as one neighbor a black family (wonderful people)...and on the other side a Jewish couple from Israel...and on my street there are more blacks than whites....and guess what?? We all get along PERFECTLY.

Is the wife of your black neighbor the maid for your Jewish neighbor?

(Just having some friday fun).

:eek:
spank-1.gif
:lol:

This is all a grand scheme by obama. He's taken over the banks, the car companies, the lending institutions, health care, and the next is media. He needed a reason, so he created one. The whole Sherrod thing is a scheme for more control.

How and when did Obama take over the banks, the car companies, the lending institutions and healthcare exactly?

I guess your news media is not up on the news?

None of those has been nationalized, i.e., "run by" the government. To the contrary, infusions of cash were pumped into the big banks and the auto industry in order for them to stay alive within the private sector.

I lived there from 1964 through 1967, when the Civil Rights Bill was passed and at the time worked as a legal secretary in one of the Mississippi State Representative's law office in Biloxi where his wife also worked. I can guarangoddamnedtee that the same comment was made over and over again. The white southerners were extremely angry over the passage of civil rights, because many truly believed that they had been treating their Negroes civily all along (especially those that labored for them).

darkey, darky
derogation, disparagement, depreciation - a communication that belittles somebody or something
Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid, Black - a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa)

I never said there was no racism. You did say ''commonly heard''. I grew up here, and I am saying I didn't commonly hear. And I don't.

And btw..this is 2010.

In 1964-1967 I heard racial remarks everywhere I went.
yeah, i seem to recall some very disturbing things happening in BOSTON in my youth

Wow....I only stayed a week and saw and heard more white racist remarks than you have and you live there. Odd? I think so.

It is simply THAT prevalent down there. Hell, I stopped at a rest area between AL and MS and there was a group of guys unloading from a minivan and every one of them had a black t-shirt on, with mutliple KKK memebers dressed in their white bed sheets and the logo "The Original Boys In the Hood" on them....I couldn't believe it.

darkey, darky

And btw..this is 2010.

I say "commonly heard" because I was obviously a Yankee so using the term "darkie" was softer in my presence. You wouldn't be trying to convince us that there aren't still huge numbers of southern whites who use all sorts of slanderous and insulting denigrations toward black people, would you? If so, then I have several websites where you can see for yourself the number of people whose bigotry has been bubbling up and they now have open forums where they can spew their unadulterated hatred for blacks.

I am not trying to convince you of a thing. I am telling you what I know. What I have seen. And what I know and have seen is racism is alive and well all over..not just the south.

darkey, darky

And btw..this is 2010.

You haven't been in the South in 45 or so years, and yet you think you're an expert on present day racial attitudes here, and completely discount the experiences of people that live here now?

How and when did Obama take over the banks, the car companies, the lending institutions and healthcare exactly?

I guess your news media is not up on the news?

Bush bailed out the banks, but they are still privately owned, yes?
Bush AND Obama bailed out some automobile makers, but they are still privately owned, yes?
The lending instituations...see my remarks on the banks
Healthcare has not been taken over by anyone, and my health insurance carrier, is still privately owned.

Like I said...it seems your News Media is not up on the news.

GM is majority owned by the government.
The government made a decision that priority holders of chrysler stock are the ones to take the loss (that is government control of prtivate CONTRACTUAL decisions)
The lending institutions can no longer keep the private and confidential information of their clients as private and confidential. They have lost that right to the government. That is government control.
Whereas you were promised that you will be able to keep your docotor if you wish, it has been disclosed that the promise was not true. The government has made it so you very well may NOT be able tomake your own decision as it pertains to your medical care.

Losing control to the government does not mean losing OWNERSHIP to the government.

It means losing control to the government even if you retain ownership.

I'm guessing you're not old enough to have experienced life in the deep south 40 years ago. Yes, things have dramatically changed, and people don't make off-the-cuff slurs as often. But I'm here to tell you, it was an entirely different story back then. Also, I think Southern attitude depends on whether you come from a rural or an urban vicinity. In fact, Shirley Sherrod made a comment during one of her many interviews yesterday that (paraphrasing) "If you go to some of the small rural areas in the South, you would get the impression the Civil War never ended."

Maggie,

I doubt ANYONE would argue that racism was a major issue 40 years ago...ANYWHERE in the US.

That's true, but as I recall I was responding to something specific (but can't remember what it was now).

It is simply THAT prevalent down there. Hell, I stopped at a rest area between AL and MS and there was a group of guys unloading from a minivan and every one of them had a black t-shirt on, with mutliple KKK memebers dressed in their white bed sheets and the logo "The Original Boys In the Hood" on them....I couldn't believe it.

All in one weeks time. Uh huh. Okay. :rolleyes:

yeah, there are still pockets of ignorance

And btw..this is 2010.

In 1964-1967 I heard racial remarks everywhere I went.
yeah, i seem to recall some very disturbing things happening in BOSTON in my youth

It is still quite evident in the NYC area....in BOTH directions.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

I'm guessing you're not old enough to have experienced life in the deep south 40 years ago. Yes, things have dramatically changed, and people don't make off-the-cuff slurs as often. But I'm here to tell you, it was an entirely different story back then. Also, I think Southern attitude depends on whether you come from a rural or an urban vicinity. In fact, Shirley Sherrod made a comment during one of her many interviews yesterday that (paraphrasing) "If you go to some of the small rural areas in the South, you would get the impression the Civil War never ended."

Okay. I will give you that. I cannot deny how it was back then. If that is ALL you are referring to, then you have my apologies....my bad. But, I came in and it looked as if you were saying that is how it is now.

I hope not. There's been a lot of migration from the North to the South which also has changed the face of the deep south in the last 50 years. I lived in Houston from 1976 to 1979, and saw very little bigotry by comparison. I haven't ventured south since, though.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Nah. VaYank does not BS in my book. I dont always agree with him, but I would never take one of his postings as BS.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Nah. VaYank does not BS in my book. I dont always agree with him, but I would never take one of his postings as BS.

Funny that he claims to have seen things that those of us that live here never had.

Pretty sad huh?

They scambled to post this news and cackled about her being a racist and then blamed Obama because he was tricked just like they were by this right wing hack.

This is all a grand scheme by obama. He's taken over the banks, the car companies, the lending institutions, health care, and the next is media. He needed a reason, so he created one. The whole Sherrod thing is a scheme for more control.

:lol: And it's begun!!! Good job, Mr. Rove!!!

Post #276

Nope... Glenn Beck. In any case, it doesn't matter who exposes the left's under handed tactics, just so it's exposed.

Forum List

Back