🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

I'm guessing you're not old enough to have experienced life in the deep south 40 years ago. Yes, things have dramatically changed, and people don't make off-the-cuff slurs as often. But I'm here to tell you, it was an entirely different story back then. Also, I think Southern attitude depends on whether you come from a rural or an urban vicinity. In fact, Shirley Sherrod made a comment during one of her many interviews yesterday that (paraphrasing) "If you go to some of the small rural areas in the South, you would get the impression the Civil War never ended."

Okay. I will give you that. I cannot deny how it was back then. If that is ALL you are referring to, then you have my apologies....my bad. But, I came in and it looked as if you were saying that is how it is now.

I hope not. There's been a lot of migration from the North to the South which also has changed the face of the deep south in the last 50 years. I lived in Houston from 1976 to 1979, and saw very little bigotry by comparison. I haven't ventured south since, though.

The north coming to the south has NOTHING to do with it. I actually am married to a Yankee myself.
The worse I heard was in Wisconsin. I was told ''I would never live in the south...too many n****** there''.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Nah. VaYank does not BS in my book. I dont always agree with him, but I would never take one of his postings as BS.

Funny that he claims to have seen things that those of us that live here never had.

I just offered my opinon based on my conversations with him. I believe what he says.

You have valid reason to not.

But mind you...I have lived in the NYC area all of my 52 years (with the exception of my military time) and I have never been to the Statue of Liberty.

Okay. I will give you that. I cannot deny how it was back then. If that is ALL you are referring to, then you have my apologies....my bad. But, I came in and it looked as if you were saying that is how it is now.

I hope not. There's been a lot of migration from the North to the South which also has changed the face of the deep south in the last 50 years. I lived in Houston from 1976 to 1979, and saw very little bigotry by comparison. I haven't ventured south since, though.

The north coming to the south has NOTHING to do with it. I actually am married to a Yankee myself.
The worse I heard was in Wisconsin. I was told ''I would never live in the south...too many n****** there''.

I live in Wisconsin, and I've lived down south, and there's no comparison. There's far more racism down south than up here... far more.

I never said there was no racism. You did say ''commonly heard''. I grew up here, and I am saying I didn't commonly hear. And I don't.

And btw..this is 2010.

In 1964-1967 I heard racial remarks everywhere I went.
yeah, i seem to recall some very disturbing things happening in BOSTON in my youth

And Detroit, Chicago, California. Not that long ago either.
Point being...don't try and typecast the south alone.

Nah. VaYank does not BS in my book. I dont always agree with him, but I would never take one of his postings as BS.

Funny that he claims to have seen things that those of us that live here never had.
as was said earlier, maybe it was the type of people he hung around with :eusa_whistle:

Maybe he, himself, owns a silk screening company and he went to Alabama to sell those shirts?

There are assholes, idiots, and bigots everywhere. No region has an exclusivity on prejudice.

Just sayin'.

yeah, i seem to recall some very disturbing things happening in BOSTON in my youth

Well, you cant deny that the south typcast itself 160 years ago. No?

No. I won't deny at all. But, I know what it is now...I live here. I wasn't alive 160 years ago!!

Well, you cant deny that the south typcast itself 160 years ago. No?

No. I won't deny at all. But, I know what it is now...I live here. I wasn't alive 160 years ago!!

If Sherrod can be excused for being a racist 24 years ago who has now repented, the fact that the U.S. fought a Civil War which ended slavery nearly 160 years ago and the passage of the Civil Rights act 46 years ago should mean that the "U.S. is a Racist Country" Meme's shelf date has long expired.

Just Frellin' Sayin'

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
thats what i was thinking as i read his post

It is simply THAT prevalent down there. Hell, I stopped at a rest area between AL and MS and there was a group of guys unloading from a minivan and every one of them had a black t-shirt on, with mutliple KKK memebers dressed in their white bed sheets and the logo "The Original Boys In the Hood" on them....I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

I kid you not. I swear if that had taken place at a rest area in Virginia, I truly believe someone would have gotten an ass whoopin' at the very least. But, these guys were so non-chalant about it, that it seemed as if it were simply accepted behavior down there...

It is simply THAT prevalent down there. Hell, I stopped at a rest area between AL and MS and there was a group of guys unloading from a minivan and every one of them had a black t-shirt on, with mutliple KKK memebers dressed in their white bed sheets and the logo "The Original Boys In the Hood" on them....I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

I kid you not. I swear if that had taken place at a rest area in Virginia, I truly believe someone would have gotten an ass whoopin' at the very least. But, these guys were so non-chalant about it, that it seemed as if it were simply accepted behavior down there...

Darlin, it may be accepted by you, but not by me, nor anyone I know. And I know a lot of people. ;)

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Never seen it or anything like it, and I've lived in areas where the Klan used to be pretty active.

Well since Andrew Briebart's "mission" is to destroy the liberals, the party, and the liberal press, my guess is that either he himself or someone within his organization doctored the tape. After the kerfuffle between the NAACP and the Tea Party the week before, which basically ended with both leaders of each agreeing to meet to discuss their differences, that probably pissed off those like Briebart who WANT to keep the racial fires smouldering.

Would you by any chance have a link to that part about the meeting?

I think that would be a great event.

Immie

I'm not sure anything has been arranged yet, but representatives from both feudal parties have been saying on various programs that they want to have a "summit" type meeting on race. Here's a transcript from last Friday's discussion on CNN's "John King's USA."
{snip for brevity}

So, what I got from your post is that there are no talks in the works, just a lot of talking from blowhards about something that will probably never happen. :(

I've been working on a project which involves pulling headlines from various news outlets regarding the same story. It's to show how bias permeates ALL media, mainstream and Internet. Please don't be so ignorant to believe there are none favoring the conservative point of view that aren't guilty as sin for embellishing their headlines and content.

It always seems to me that it is leftist that believe that the media that favors their own point of view can do no wrong.

I guess it is just the side of the table you are sitting on.

Immie

That's absolutely the point. And the folks who operate major newspapers and online news dotcoms are mighty tired of being accused of being biased to the left just by virtue of the newspaper's banner. We never hear of the identical bias by news operations like The Washington Times, The Washington Journal, etc.

Btw, this "project" is one of my free-lance jobs that I'll actually get paid for. If it's published, I'll get permission to post it here.

They are getting mighty tired of being accused of being biased to the left? Give me a break, Maggie, most of them are. I am getting the sense that you think only conservative dot.coms and Fox are biased.

It always seems to me that it is leftist that believe that the media that favors their own point of view can do no wrong.

I guess it is just the side of the table you are sitting on.

Immie

It's just that some will manufacture anything to be divisive and that huge percentage is usually on the left side of the table...:lol:

And my research so far is proving you so wrong.

Really? Like I said, I am getting the impression that you believe that only Fox and conservative websites are biased.

I have to say this and want to say it very politely so don't take this wrong, but in my book, that makes your research highly suspect.

The Daily Caller's "JournoList" expose has finally resolved the matter:

Based on Spencer Ackerman's tactic:

“If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us,” Ackerman wrote on the Journolist listserv in April 2008. “Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Conservatives Karl Rove and Fred Barnes respond to Journolist ‘racist’ post | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

It's out in the open now. The Left uses the racist accusation against the Right, the Tea Party, Conservatives, the GOP... Anyone who critiques prominent lefties or their programs will be falsely attacked as a racist as a diversionary tactic.

More evidence is Sherrod's hateful comment regarding the GOP to Media Matters.

So here's the thing you lefties should understand: we're not falling for it.

As a white european tea party conservative I am appalled that liberals keep calling us "racists"

I am NOT a racist!

I merely want blacks sent back to Africa where they belong and for America to be officially sanctioned as WHITE, CHRISTIAN and EUROPEAN

that does NOT make me a racist!

I am sensing sacrasm here, at least I hope I am. But, I will play, if not a racist, what do your views make you?

Are you playing his game with him?

Rikules is no conservative. Never has been and never will be. He's smearing good people with that post and deliberately. He's stooping to the level of TDM.

Immie

thats what i was thinking as i read his post

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Google

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back