🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

I don't know if the left is worse. But sometimes I think that's all the left has. Those on the right can articulate why they hold the opinions that they do and can defend them without name calling if they have to. I'm not sure many on the left can do that. Very few accept when challenged to do so.

That's why the left developed the tactic of calling the opposition "Racists".

Well in their defense they often start out with delusional or close minded or advocates for the rich only or polluters/anti-environmental or religious fanatics or hateful or selfish or some such as that before they get to racist. RACIST is the ultimate these days and is generally reserved for anybody who criticizes anything re the government or President Obama.

Only from your perspective, and only because that's been hammered into your subconscience. It simply isn't true on a large scale.

Great comeback. Fact is both parties are guilty of the name calling and the cussing. I'd go so far as to say the left is worse.

I don't know if the left is worse. But sometimes I think that's all the left has. Those on the right can articulate why they hold the opinions that they do and can defend them without name calling if they have to. I'm not sure many on the left can do that. Very few accept when challenged to do so.

So it's okay when someone like Boedicca, when she runs out of debate points, decides to call me Maggie Maggot. I suggest you not make sweeping assessments if you haven't actually read some of the insulting remarks made by members of your own club.

You are not still angry at me for my remark a few days ago about thinking you were "older than dirt," are you?

I thought for sure that you would know I only thought you were half the age of dirt. ;)

Immie

Well in their defense they often start out with delusional or close minded or advocates for the rich only or polluters/anti-environmental or religious fanatics or hateful or selfish or some such as that before they get to racist. RACIST is the ultimate these days and is generally reserved for anybody who criticizes anything re the government or President Obama.

What?

People of color vote mostly Democratic. Why is that?

It has nothing to do with the label racist. It has to do with the party's platform.

I can agree with that.

The Democrats cater to the poor, needy and the downtrodden. They cater to them with promises and sometimes they even follow through.

I don't think they necessarily care any more for them than Conservatives/Republicans do, but I think the message is easier to sell coming from the liberal/Democrat perspective. The Democrats believe that Welfare is the answer to saving the poor. Republicans believe it to be much of the problem. Conservatives/Republicans believe in the hand up rather than the hand out. Who is right? Personally, I think the hand up is better in the long run.

But, how do you sell the Conservative/Republican message to the single mother of five who is struggling to make ends meet? You don't. Even if in the long run she would be better off being out from under Welfare.

Immie

Conservatives with a conscience do; conservative politicans most assuredly do NOT offer a "hand up." Ever. They may go along with some of the social umbrella policies, but I can't think of a single one that they have actually sponsored independent of Democrats.

What?

People of color vote mostly Democratic. Why is that?

It has nothing to do with the label racist. It has to do with the party's platform.

I can agree with that.

The Democrats cater to the poor, needy and the downtrodden. They cater to them with promises and sometimes they even follow through.

I don't think they necessarily care any more for them than Conservatives/Republicans do, but I think the message is easier to sell coming from the liberal/Democrat perspective. The Democrats believe that Welfare is the answer to saving the poor. Republicans believe it to be much of the problem. Conservatives/Republicans believe in the hand up rather than the hand out. Who is right? Personally, I think the hand up is better in the long run.

But, how do you sell the Conservative/Republican message to the single mother of five who is struggling to make ends meet? You don't. Even if in the long run she would be better off being out from under Welfare.

Immie

Conservatives with a conscience do; conservative politicans most assuredly do NOT offer a "hand up." Ever. They may go along with some of the social umbrella policies, but I can't think of a single one that they have actually sponsored independent of Democrats.

Is there such a thing as conservative politician these days?

If so, name one please.

Immie

I can agree with that.

Immie

If so, name one please.

Immie

Newt Gingrich

If so, name one please.

Immie

Newt Gingrich

Newt's not really politicking these days though is he.

I can think of one who appears to be conservative, but I don't think he is well known outside of this district. He is my rep, Adam Putnam. Seems to be relatively conservative as far as I can tell.

Immie

If so, name one please.

Immie

Newt Gingrich

I can think of one who appears to be conservative, but I don't think he is well known outside of this district. He is my rep, Adam Putnam. Seems to be relatively conservative as far as I can tell.

Immie
there are hints he might get back in a race for something

If so, name one please.

Immie

Newt Gingrich

Immie

He's thinking about running for POTUS in 2012.

thats odd, because i've seen polls before where the outcome was they were more conservative and agreed more with the GOP platform
but i guess those polls must have been racist, right?

No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since 1965.
FactCheck.org: When did blacks start voting Democratic?

Gee Whiz. The Dems tell blacks that the GOP is racist, and then gather up black voters into busses and take them to polling places. One year, they even gave out fried chicken dinner coupons to their shepherded voters in Oakland.

I don't believe for a moment that all blacks think all GOP (what's that, anyway?) is racist, but I must say it's comments LIKE YOURS^ that make them believers.

No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since 1965.

Gee Whiz. The Dems tell blacks that the GOP is racist, and then gather up black voters into busses and take them to polling places. One year, they even gave out fried chicken dinner coupons to their shepherded voters in Oakland.

I don't believe for a moment that all blacks think all GOP (what's that, anyway?) is racist, but I must say it's comments LIKE YOURS^ that make them believers.

You don't know what GOP stands for? Or are you being facetious? GOP stands for Grand Ol' Party, which is the Republican party.

i dont know about what she claims in oakland, but i do know what the dems did in St Louis in 2000
they had the polls open 2.5 hours after they were supposed to be closed while they were busing people to them to vote

Newt Gingrich

Immie
there are hints he might get back in a race for something

Newt Gingrich

Immie

He's thinking about running for POTUS in 2012.

I have heard that as well, but nothing solid on it.

If you ask me, I'd say he's crazy for even considering it. I always liked him and was sorry to see him get involved in the scandal he did, but, I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through the wringer he would end up going through.

Immie

i dont know about what she claims in oakland, but i do know what the dems did in St Louis in 2000
they had the polls open 2.5 hours after they were supposed to be closed while they were busing people to them to vote

Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris promised free fried chicken to Oaklanders who showed their "proof of voting" at supermarkets in largely black neighborhoods. I remember it well, having moved to Oakland a couple of years earlier. The backlash was quite negative, even in the liberal Bay Area media.

Last edited:

Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris promised free fried chicken to Oaklanders who showed their "proof of voting" at supermarkets in largely black neighborhoods. I remember it well, having moved to Oakland a couple of years earlier. The backlash was quite negative, even in the liberal Bay Area media.
you'll be asked for it anyway, but do you have a link for that?

With all due respect. I have been a social worker my whole professional life. Welfare is a temporary and needed helping hand for children and families.

It's not the evil you portray. It's not destroying families. Poverty, drug abuse, domestic violence, crime destroy families.

In all due respect, I have been working with the poor and disadvantaged probably for a lot more years than you have. And I've seen first hand some of the problems that exist. And I also am a student of history who isn't afraid to look underneath the liberal veneer some use to gloss over the uglier truths. I lived before welfare, and I have read the detailed analysis of black historians who have identified all the problems within it. Welfare has encouraged and perpetuated the broken family and single parent syndrome among the poor and it is THAT syndrome that has created most of the poverty, drug abuse, domestic violence, and crime that we now have.

Most of the major problems that many black people face are not amendable to political solutions and government anti-poverty programs. Let's look at some. In 1940, 86 percent of black children were born inside marriage, and the illegitimacy rate among blacks was about 15 percent. Today, only 35 percent of black children are born inside marriage, and the illegitimacy rate hovers around 70 percent. Today's breakdown of the black family is unprecedented. It began in the 1960s with the War on Poverty and the harebrained ideas of the welfare state. In the mid-1960s, Daniel Moynihan sounded the alarm about the breakdown in the black family in his book "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action." At that time black illegitimacy was 26 percent. Moynihan said, "(A)t the heart of the deterioration of the fabric of the Negro society is the deterioration of the Negro family.
--Walter Williams,PhD
Townhall - Walter E. Williams - Politics and Blacks

We see it differently. In your view, those 'libruls' are evil.

I actually agree that by simply funding welfare programs year after year and not addressing the underlying cause, which is the lack of proper education (including sex education) especially in high crime urban areas, has exacerbated the problem. That said, we've talked and talked and talked about the here and now, but fail to talk about how to deal with it going forward, and to fix this problem once and for all.

I'm delighted that Arne Duncan pushes hard to get communities involved in promoting their own charter schools, and hope this is a step in the right direction to improving the educational opportunities of all financially depressed areas that serve both black and white. Harlem's Promise Academy Project has sparked enormous interest by other groups forming like partnerships to get these kids off the streets and into classrooms where they actually learn from teachers who actually want to teach.

For starters, here's who:

The Spencer Ackerman Tactic:

“If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us,” Ackerman wrote on the Journolist listserv in April 2008. “Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

How many times you gonna post that one quote from one individual out of 600? In how many threads? The bone has been picked clean, yet you continue to salivate as if it were fresh meat. Pretty sick.

I'm through arguing.

:(

How can we have a rational discussion if you won't participate?

Without you holding up your end of the bargain, who knows what radical lefty, we might get?

Immie

I don't think she's being "radical" at all. She simply sees the situation from a totally different perspective. I'm willing to bet there are a whole lot more people who once looked down their noses at welfare recipients but who are now very thankful that those social umbrellas were in place if they have been caught between that proverbial rock and a hard place of being unexpectedly unemployed for any length of time. Being there changes ones perspective. Greatly.

:(

How can we have a rational discussion if you won't participate?

Without you holding up your end of the bargain, who knows what radical lefty, we might get?

Immie

I'm tired of arguing. You guys can do my part.

Ah, but not as good as you. ;)

I see Maggie's joined the discussion, but haven't read her post.

Maggie is an excellent relief pitcher when she doesn't start. At least there is still hope to continue this discussion.

I do understand your frustration and desire to end the discussion. There always becomes a point when you feel like a discussion is going around and around in circles and nothing gets accomplished.

Immie

Thanks, but I've only got about another good half-hour left in me too. It's almost time for the night shift anyway! :lol:

I'm tired of arguing. You guys can do my part.

Ah, but not as good as you. ;)

I see Maggie's joined the discussion, but haven't read her post.

Maggie is an excellent relief pitcher when she doesn't start. At least there is still hope of continue this discussion.

I do understand your frustration and desire to end the discussion. There always becomes a point when you feel like a discussion is going around and around in circles and nothing gets accomplished.

Immie

I won't be back.

I hope that doesn't mean forever. Don't let them intimidate you.

ROFLMAO
outfoxed was pure liberal propaganda and total BULLSHIT

Can you prove that? Among hundreds of contributors to the documentary, these were former Fox employees:

Frank O'Donnell, Former Fox News Producer, Washington DC
Dave Burnett, Former Fox News Reporter, Washington DC
Diana Winthrop, Former Fox News Producer
Larry C. Johnson, Former Fox News Contributor
Jon Du Pre, Former Fox News Anchor-West Coast Bureau
Clara Frenk, Former Fox News Producer
Dave Korb, Former Freelance Fox News Writer
David Hnatiuk, Former Fox Music Supervisor
yeah, and you've never heard of disgruntled former employees bashing the former employer
LOL

Now how did I KNOW you were going to say that?! :lol: In fact, I almost added it when I posted the list.

Forum List

Back