🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

there are hints he might get back in a race for something

He's thinking about running for POTUS in 2012.

I have heard that as well, but nothing solid on it.

If you ask me, I'd say he's crazy for even considering it. I always liked him and was sorry to see him get involved in the scandal he did, but, I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through the wringer he would end up going through.

Immie

Politicians having affairs is so passe. Who cares?

Those who don't want them to win an election.

Immie

Politicians having affairs is so passe. Who cares?
well, it seems some only care when the person has an (R) after their name, but its passe if they have a (D)

not that i'm saying YOU are one of those some

Thank you. No, I haven't been critical unless they happened to be a person who was loudly vocal about the sanctity of marriage, for example, then we find out he's been screwing around all the time. I've forgotten the S.C. governor's name, but I thought he was a good governor and completely honest in his feelings with regard to his love affair. It's too bad it ruined his career.

I should add that it took me a long time to get past Bill Clinton's sexcapades. I think I would have been more understanding if he hadn't been so blase' about where he carried on. I think it must be extremely difficult, especially for a man, to be constantly in the presence of beautiful women, some of whom throw themselves at them hoping for their own self-gratification in having 'done a politician.'
Mark Sanford

and i had people telling me he would make a good presidential run
i told them i didn't know enough about him yet and that i would reserve judgment till i did

i'm not one to jump on ANY bandwagon

The right will not be able to force the admin to react to these manufacctured stroies anymore.

This last case will make it impossible for them to FORCE immediate action from the WH.

You guys screwed your pooch of false outrage.

Now people will be required (even you righties) to examine these cases slowly and get all the imfo.

I think this is a sign that the right is desperate to negatively effect the midterms because they know they are not going to be able to claim they have a mandate with the few seats they gain.

racist.jpg

The right will not be able to force the admin to react to these manufacctured stroies anymore.

This last case will make it impossible for them to FORCE immediate action from the WH.

Now people will be required (even you righties) to examine these cases slowly and get all the imfo.

I think this is a sign that the right is desperate to negatively effect the midterms because they know they are not going to be able to claim they have a mandate with the few seats they gain.

racist.jpg

Hahahaha thats a good one

Frankly, I'm sick of the whole right/left divisions. I want to talk about bi-partisanship. I want to talk about places of agreement, national priorties.

Frankly, I'm sick of the whole right/left divisions. I want to talk about bi-partisanship. I want to talk about places of agreement, national priorties.

I think we need a 3rd party for all the sane center/left (you) and center/right (me) people out there.

I think the vast majority of americans would fit into such a political party.

At the very least, we can lead in our discussions and refuse to get side tracked or pulled into polar extremes. How to interrupt that cycle of action/reaction, tit for tat? It would be an interesting exercise to share stories that are fact based and without opinion or editorial.

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as conservative politician these days?

If so, name one please.

Immie

A true conservative, one with a conscience, and one whom I greatly admire is Tom Coburn. He not only truly believes in his convictions, is always willing to listen and study opposing viewpoints, but he isn't afraid to call out his fellow "conservative" lawmakers who fake it all the way.

Hmm, don't think I have ever heard of him.

Is he up to running in 2012?

Immie

Well, he's not THAT compromising. Coburn has deep-seated conservative beliefs, but he also recognizes that all of them are impossible to abide in such a vastly diverse nation (that's the part I like). I also like to listen to him slam fellow lawmakers for wasting time on small stuff, grandstanding for C-Span, and spinning their wheels in general.

racist.jpg

Somebody's race baiting. :eusa_whistle:

I think we need a 3rd party for all the sane center/left (you) and center/right (me) people out there.

Independents have no organization, thus no money, therefore they will have no presidential candidate unless there is a massive write-in.

And it seems there's never a "good time" to get a new campaign finance bill on the floor for debate, which might alleviate that headache for good people who really could make a difference. The Senate has already nix'd the proposed redo until AFTER the November election.

At the very least, we can lead in our discussions and refuse to get side tracked or pulled into polar extremes. How to interrupt that cycle of action/reaction, tit for tat? It would be an interesting exercise to share stories that are fact based and without opinion or editorial.

There are only a few people who post here that I can have those kinds of discussions with. It's an "us versus them" environment, unfortunately.

So give us an example of what that might look like. Any example.

The Tea Partiers and 9/12ers for instance have refused to be drawn into any social issues and rather have focused on demands for less government spending, lower taxes, and a balanced budget.

But when they promote those three main issues, they are accused of not caring about the poor or disadvantaged, wanting to snatch food from the mouths of children, wanting to throw old folks out on the street, of caring only for the rich, and. . .of course. . .of being racist.

Can we get anybody on the left to objectively discuss the merits or lack thereof of those three items? We haven't been able to yet. Most of those on the left not only reject the concepts but do so by digging up every figure they can think of from the past, insisting that 'trickle down' doesn't work, etc. etc. etc. and do everything else they can to divert any in depth discussion from the concepts themselves.

I no longer believe that most of those on the Left even WANT to discuss the issues. And I am convinced that to them, bipartisanship means that we don't look at anything in any way other than they way they see it.

And if we even try to argue a different point of view we're just being partisan or extreme or hateful or. . .racist.

I don't believe for a moment that all blacks think all GOP (what's that, anyway?) is racist, but I must say it's comments LIKE YOURS^ that make them believers.

You don't know what GOP stands for? Or are you being facetious? GOP stands for Grand Ol' Party, which is the Republican party.

I was being sarcastic. In my opinion, the Grand Old Party has been hijacked by the extreme right.

Define the "extreme right".

There are only a few people who post here that I can have those kinds of discussions with. It's an "us versus them" environment, unfortunately.

That is soooo boring, Maggie. I'm at the point now where I'm considering only talking to the posters who are willing to drop the us vs them mentality.

Last edited:

So give us an example of what that might look like. Any example.

The Tea Partiers and 9/12ers for instance have refused to be drawn into any social issues and rather have focused on demands for less government spending, lower taxes, and a balanced budget.

But when they promote those three main issues, they are accused of not caring about the poor or disadvantaged, wanting to snatch food from the mouths of children, wanting to throw old folks out on the street, of caring only for the rich, and. . .of course. . .of being racist.

Can we get anybody on the left to objectively discuss the merits or lack thereof of those three items? We haven't been able to yet. Most of those on the left not only reject the concepts but do so by digging up every figure they can think of from the past, insisting that 'trickle down' doesn't work, etc. etc. etc. and do everything else they can to divert any in depth discussion from the concepts themselves.

I no longer believe that most of those on the Left even WANT to discuss the issues. And I am convinced that to them, bipartisanship means that we don't look at anything in any way other than they way they see it.

And if we even try to argue a different point of view we're just being partisan or extreme or hateful or. . .racist.

Really?

Just today I shared the same view as you on a post and I told you so.

I'm into dropping the labels, left/right, liberal/conservative.

Let's discuss the issues without it.

Last edited:
You don't know what GOP stands for? Or are you being facetious? GOP stands for Grand Ol' Party, which is the Republican party.

I was being sarcastic. In my opinion, the Grand Old Party has been hijacked by the extreme right.

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries.

Those who are intolerant of non-white, non-Christian people/countries.

Those who are locked and loaded ready to do battle with those who don't agree with the above tactics.

Still waiting on your definition.

Geezus, I posted that yesterday about this time and had other things to do in the meantime. Can't you tell when someone has gone offline? So I just saw your question five minutes ago and answered it, briefly. Unfortunately, there's no RED ALERT format to advise someone that so-and-so demands an answer POST-HASTE! I'm sure Gunny will advise when that becomes available, and you won't need to wait 24 hours anymore.

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries.

Those who are intolerant of non-white, non-Christian people/countries.

Those who are locked and loaded ready to do battle with those who don't agree with the above tactics.

Why do you assume that the only solution to helping unfortunate people is Big Government?

Forum List

Back