🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Now We Know The Truth About Accusing the Right of Being Racists

I was being sarcastic. In my opinion, the Grand Old Party has been hijacked by the extreme right.

Define the "extreme right".

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries.

Those who are intolerant of non-white, non-Christian people/countries.

Those who are locked and loaded ready to do battle with those who don't agree with the above tactics.

What a bunch of hogwash.

Given my experience with my own opinion and the poor representation your posts make of yours, I'm quite happy sticking with mine.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin' again??? I don't know why you constantly add that phrase to your posts. It's stupid.

Then it should resonate with you, dearie.

It does not resonate with me, missy. But what difference would it make who it resonates with?? It's still stupid. :)

About as often as you see it on the left.

Bull.

If you believe that, then you are not reading this forum. It is on both sides. Period.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The most abusive people on this site are right wingers. And don't accuse me of saying there are none on the left. There are, but nowhere near as many. Let's see if I can name some off the top of my head. California Girl, Si modo, Dive Con, curvelght, Stephanie, Frank, Meister, boedicca, mudwhistle, Dave. There are so many!!!

I was being sarcastic. In my opinion, the Grand Old Party has been hijacked by the extreme right.

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries.

Those who are locked and loaded ready to do battle with those who don't agree with the above tactics.

So expecting people to support themselves and be responsible for themselves and their families is an "extreme right" tenet?

The rest of your rant is plain gibberish and doesn't deserve a response.

Still waiting on your definition.

Geezus, I posted that yesterday about this time and had other things to do in the meantime. Can't you tell when someone has gone offline? So I just saw your question five minutes ago and answered it, briefly. Unfortunately, there's no RED ALERT format to advise someone that so-and-so demands an answer POST-HASTE! I'm sure Gunny will advise when that becomes available, and you won't need to wait 24 hours anymore.

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

If you believe that, then you are not reading this forum. It is on both sides. Period.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The most abusive people on this site are right wingers. And don't accuse me of saying there are none on the left. There are, but nowhere near as many. Let's see if I can name some off the top of my head. California Girl, Si modo, Dive Con, curvelght, Stephanie, Frank, Meister, boedicca, mudwhistle, Dave. There are so many!!!

You still whining?

Frankly, I'm sick of the whole right/left divisions. I want to talk about bi-partisanship. I want to talk about places of agreement, national priorties.

I think we need a 3rd party for all the sane center/left (you) and center/right (me) people out there.

I think the vast majority of americans would fit into such a political party.

Independents have no organization, thus no money, therefore they will have no presidential candidate unless there is a massive write-in.

And it seems there's never a "good time" to get a new campaign finance bill on the floor for debate, which might alleviate that headache for good people who really could make a difference. The Senate has already nix'd the proposed redo until AFTER the November election.

I dont think the people i described above are really "independants" as much as they are just the normal, average american citizen.

The majority of us dont subscribe to far left/right ideologies and I feel its time for us, the majority, to rise up and destroy the 2 parties that we have since they seem to only be representing the 2 extremes.

I think we need a 3rd party for all the sane center/left (you) and center/right (me) people out there.

I think the vast majority of americans would fit into such a political party.

So give us an example of what that might look like. Any example.

The Tea Partiers and 9/12ers for instance have refused to be drawn into any social issues and rather have focused on demands for less government spending, lower taxes, and a balanced budget.

But when they promote those three main issues, they are accused of not caring about the poor or disadvantaged, wanting to snatch food from the mouths of children, wanting to throw old folks out on the street, of caring only for the rich, and. . .of course. . .of being racist.

Can we get anybody on the left to objectively discuss the merits or lack thereof of those three items? We haven't been able to yet. Most of those on the left not only reject the concepts but do so by digging up every figure they can think of from the past, insisting that 'trickle down' doesn't work, etc. etc. etc. and do everything else they can to divert any in depth discussion from the concepts themselves.

I no longer believe that most of those on the Left even WANT to discuss the issues. And I am convinced that to them, bipartisanship means that we don't look at anything in any way other than they way they see it.

And if we even try to argue a different point of view we're just being partisan or extreme or hateful or. . .racist.

Really?

Just today I shared the same view as you on a post and I told you so.

I'm into dropping the labels, left/right, liberal/conservative.

Let's discuss the issues without it.

Discussing the issues based on the issues themselves and not based on party ideology?

OMG its a revolutionary idea I tell ya (just dont read my sig line ;))

In case my post doesn't translate well I was totally agreeing with you skydancer :)

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty. Most people do choose to live in poverty or make decisions that don't allow them to get out of poverty. That can't be argued.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries. Conservatives dont' believe that. They do believe in killing terrorists.
Those who are intolerant of non-white, non-Christian people/countries. Prove it.

What should we do? Sacrifice our principles just to get along with you?

No... our goal isnt' to get along with you.... our goal is to defeat you and your idiotic ideas that harm human beings.

Define abusive. Are you abusive by calling out people, naming names of those YOU feel are abusive? I could make a list of libs I consider abusive..and could match name for name, but why would I lower myself to that level?
And honestly, if you REALLY feel that way...why would you be posting here? Seriously.
:rolleyes:

Why do you assume that the only solution to helping unfortunate people is Big Government?

I didn't assume that. The question was what defines the "extreme right." It wasn't meant to be a conversation about the pros and cons of "big" government, per se. YOUR problem is you need to stop "assuming." Period.

What a bunch of hogwash.

Translation: I got nuthin.

What a bunch of hogwash.

Translation: I got nuthin.

Well, I know you don't...wasn't sure if you knew though. :)

guatama
namvet
Liability
C.Mike
Dr. House
Dude
The Rabbi
Mr. T
AllieBaba
WillowTree
Conhog

Next?

So expecting people to support themselves and be responsible for themselves and their families is an "extreme right" tenet?

The rest of your rant is plain gibberish and doesn't deserve a response.

I should have added "Extreme comprehension problem." You are presuming something I did not think, nor say.

So give us an example of what that might look like. Any example.

The Tea Partiers and 9/12ers for instance have refused to be drawn into any social issues and rather have focused on demands for less government spending, lower taxes, and a balanced budget.

But when they promote those three main issues, they are accused of not caring about the poor or disadvantaged, wanting to snatch food from the mouths of children, wanting to throw old folks out on the street, of caring only for the rich, and. . .of course. . .of being racist.

Can we get anybody on the left to objectively discuss the merits or lack thereof of those three items? We haven't been able to yet. Most of those on the left not only reject the concepts but do so by digging up every figure they can think of from the past, insisting that 'trickle down' doesn't work, etc. etc. etc. and do everything else they can to divert any in depth discussion from the concepts themselves.

I no longer believe that most of those on the Left even WANT to discuss the issues. And I am convinced that to them, bipartisanship means that we don't look at anything in any way other than they way they see it.

And if we even try to argue a different point of view we're just being partisan or extreme or hateful or. . .racist.

Really?

Just today I shared the same view as you on a post and I told you so.

I'm into dropping the labels, left/right, liberal/conservative.

Let's discuss the issues without it.

Discussing the issues based on the issues themselves and not based on party ideology?

OMG its a revolutionary idea I tell ya (just dont read my sig line ;))

In case my post doesn't translate well I was totally agreeing with you skydancer :)

Well there ya go. It's really only been in the last decade that the two parties have been literally at each others throats and acting like extremists unwilling to discuss the issues like adults. That comment in response to yours here:

The majority of us dont subscribe to far left/right ideologies and I feel its time for us, the majority, to rise up and destroy the 2 parties that we have since they seem to only be representing the 2 extremes.

When our own elected lawmakers stop projecting their own hatred down to their constituents, expect attitude adjustments among the rest of us.

Those who would eliminate all social umbrellas because they have no empathy for people living in poverty. They don't believe most people don't choose to live in poverty. Most people do choose to live in poverty or make decisions that don't allow them to get out of poverty. That can't be argued.

Those who believe we should act like an imperialist superpower, running all over the world blowing up other countries. Conservatives dont' believe that. They do believe in killing terrorists.
Those who are intolerant of non-white, non-Christian people/countries. Prove it.

What should we do? Sacrifice our principles just to get along with you?

No... our goal isnt' to get along with you.... our goal is to defeat you and your idiotic ideas that harm human beings.

Likewise. Bring it on.

How cute. A couple of Moonbats have start Another List!

Huggy has competition.

Forum List

Back