'Now, which guy is a hero again?’ Wife of soldier left paralyzed and unable to speak

Bowe has not been convicted of desertion, so another knee jerk reaction and unjustified condemnation from hearsay and conjecture.

FACT: He went AWOL

Pentagon said he walked away from his unit.

So...you are prepared to testify to that at his GCM.

Pentagon concluded Bergdahl left his unit, but US still sought to free him _ and split Taliban

Article by: KEN DILANIAN , Associated Press
Updated: June 3, 2014 - 8:44 AM

Pentagon concluded Bergdahl left his unit, but US still sought to free him _ and split Taliban | Star Tribune

I can't imagine the rage this woman feels knowing that this administration tried to pass off Bergdahl as a hero.

I just don't have the words. So here are hers.

'Now, which guy is a hero again?’ Wife of soldier left paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save ‘deserter’ Bowe Bergdahl vents her fury on social media

Shannon Allen, husband of injured Afghanistan war vet Mark Allen, referred to Bergdahl as a 'traitor', while questioning 'which guy is a "hero" again?'

Mark Allen was rendered paralyzed after a sniper bullet passed through his armored helmet and through the frontal lobe of his brain

Allen had been in Afghanistan for only one month before being shot

article-2651223-1E8ADCE600000578-948_634x1194.jpg

Wife of disabled soldier paralyzed and unable to speak after risking his life to save Bowe Bergdahl vents fury in message | Mail Online

Yet another namby pamby reaction without knowing all the facts.

You're calling his wife's reaction namby pamby? He's disabled horridly from the search and rescue mission and you come up with namby pamby?

You're calling his wife's reaction namby pamby? He's disabled horridly from the search and rescue mission and you come up with namby pamby?

Yep. Soldiers get killed over there, yet do their families blame the Bush Administration for sending them there? Nope. So why blame one soldier for the injuries this man sustained? He signed up, he chose to be there, he knew he had a risk of serious injury.

Yep. Soldiers get killed over there, yet do their families blame the Bush Administration for sending them there? Nope. So why blame one soldier for the injuries this man sustained? He signed up, he chose to be there, he knew he had a risk of serious injury.

Of course people blame Bush. Secondly, it is his fault, if it were not for his actions it would not have happened, they would not have been looking for him as the Taliban watched and planned ambushes. Thirdly, he planned on going AWOL before ever arriving in Afghanistan. So as far as I'm concerned he premeditated the murder of 6 fellow soldiers and the injuries the man suffered above.

CaféAuLait;9222599 said:

Of course people blame Bush. Secondly, it is his fault, if it were not for his actions it would not have happened, they would not have been looking for him as the Taliban watched and planned ambushes. Thirdly, he planned on going AWOL before ever arriving in Afghanistan. So as far as I'm concerned he premeditated the murder of 6 fellow soldiers and the injuries the man suffered above.

I would tend to agree. The fault lies with the person who allowed this stupid war in the first place.

CaféAuLait;9222599 said:

I would tend to agree. The fault lies with the person who allowed this stupid war in the first place.

Surely you jest. Bush started the Afghanistan war on terror? Are you freaking kidding me?
What part of revisionist history are you buying in to?

CaféAuLait;9222599 said:

I find it more than disturbing that the left wing on top of everything else they blame Bush for are now trying to rewrite history and claim it was Bush who started the Afghan war on terror.

The left never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think they can't stoop any lower they do it again. Hell's bells they bring in a backhoe and dig deeper.

Last edited:
If it is not appropriate to call him a deserter until he has been tried in court. It is certainly not appropriate to say he served with honor and distinction for the same reason.

If those soldiers weren't attacked while looking for Bergdahl then they would have been attacked while looking for someone else, or not looking for anything at all, just because they are a foreign invading force in Afghanistan and that is what the CIA trained the jihad to do.

So all of the rhetoric over who was killed when for whatever reason doesn't fucking matter in this war.

America lost this war when it invaded Afghanistan, just as the Russians did.

Let's get this straight liberals. Bush did not start the Afghan war. It was a response to the attack on 9/11 and there were victims in those towers from all over the world.

And their countries joined America in the fight against AQ in Afghanistan. I'm spitting bullets over left wingers trying to rewrite history and blame Bush and Bush only for this war.

It is absolutely revolting . You've truly hit a new low. Shame on you.

There is no debate about the legality of the war.

SG/ SM/ 7985 AFG/149 8 October 2001

"TO DEFEAT TERRORISM, WE NEED A SUSTAINED EFFORT AND BROAD STRATEGY THAT UNITE ALL NATIONS", SAYS SECRETARY-GENERAL

Following is the text of a statement made today by Secretary ? General Kofi Annan on military strikes in Afghanistan:

Immediately after the 11 September attacks on the United States, the Security Council expressed its determination to combat, by all means, threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts.

The Council also reaffirmed the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations. The States concerned have set their current military action in Afghanistan in that context.

To defeat terrorism, we need a sustained effort and a broad strategy to unite all nations, and address all aspects of the scourge we face. The cause must be pursued by all the States of the world, working together and using many different means including political, legal, diplomatic and financial means.

The people of Afghanistan, who cannot be held responsible for the acts of the Taliban regime, are now in desperate need of aid. The United Nations has long played a vital role in providing humanitarian assistance to them, and it is my hope that we will be able to step up our humanitarian work as soon as possible.

UN and the war in Afghanistan

Last edited:
If those soldiers weren't attacked while looking for Bergdahl then they would have been attacked while looking for someone else, or not looking for anything at all, just because they are a foreign invading force in Afghanistan and that is what the CIA trained the jihad to do.

So all of the rhetoric over who was killed when for whatever reason doesn't fucking matter in this war.

Were you shitting in your diapers when all this started and don't remember the why of the war on terror?

Last edited:
I find it more than disturbing that the left wing on top of everything else they blame Bush for are now trying to rewrite history and claim it was Bush who started the Afghan war on terror.

The left never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think they can't stoop any lower they do it again. Hell's bells they bring in a backhoe and dig deeper.
Bush didn't invade Afghanistan? That means that Liberals are trying to rewrite history?

Who invaded Afghanistan? Was it Walter Mondale? Come on. Let's rewrite history.
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction

Were you shitting in your diapers when all this started and don't remember the why of the war on terror?
PLEASE tell me the why, dumbass. If you don't mention Operation Ajax and the last 5 decades of its consequences then you don't have any idea what the fuck this is about.

You think this war started on 9/11/2001? No. It was long before that.

I hope the Allen family is getting all the assistance that they need to take care of the wounded.

Bush didn't invade Afghanistan? That means that Liberals are trying to rewrite history?

Who invaded Afghanistan? Was it Walter Mondale? Come on. Let's rewrite history.
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction

You fool. Operation Enduring Freedom was sanctioned by the United Nations and NATO.

Participants

1 Afghanistan
2 Australia
3 Armenia
4 Azerbaijan
5 Bahrain
6 Bangladesh
7 Bulgaria
8 Belgium
9 Bosnia and Herzegovina
10 Canada
11 China
12 Congo
13 Cyprus
14 Czech Republic
15 Denmark
16 Egypt
17 Estonia
18 France
19 Georgia
20 Germany
21 Greece
22 Hungary
23 India
24 Iran
25 Ireland
26 Italy
27 Japan
28 Kuwait
29 Kyrgyzstan
30 Latvia
31 Lithuania
32 Macedonia
33 Malaysia
34 Montenegro
35 Netherlands
36 New Zealand
37 Norway
38 Oman
39 Pakistan
40 Poland
41 Portugal
42 Qatar
43 Romania
44 Russia
45 Slovakia
46 Slovenia
47 South Korea
48 Spain
49 Sudan
50 Sweden
51 Switzerland
52 Tajikistan
53 Thailand
54 Turkey
55 Turkmenistan
56 United Arab Emirates
57 Ukraine
58 United Kingdom
59 United States
60 Uzbekistan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participants_in_Operation_Enduring_Freedom

Last edited:

PLEASE tell me the why, dumbass. If you don't mention Operation Ajax and the last 5 decades of its consequences then you don't have any idea what the fuck this is about.

This thread is about Afghanistan in the here and now. Don't drag it back to the fucking Crusades you idiot.

Now you care about what the UN has to say? The UN rejected Bush's whining to invade Iraq. Was the UN wrong then?

The CIA trained the Mujaheddin in guerrilla tactics adopted from the Viet Cong, for the purpose of turning Afghanistan into "the Soviet Union's 'Vietnam'". Now the US is fighting an endless, unwinnable Vietnam-style guerrilla war in Afghanistan that was designed by the CIA of the United States to be as long, drawn-out and expensive as possible.

Can the UN help us defeat the terrorists that the US created?

This thread is about Afghanistan in the here and now. Don't drag it back to the fucking Crusades you idiot.
This isn't ancient history, douchemonger. 1979-1989, Operation Cyclone, CIA training and providing weapons to the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden was a young terrorist recruit then. Do you understand? During the Reagan administration, Osama bin Laden was considered an ALLY.

Do you understand? Reagan + Jihad = Shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back