Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

Totally and completely wrong.
All cases have to wait until AFTER an actually incident has occurred, so that they are both parties, plaintiff and defendant.
That is because ALL judgements always have to deal with real people with real rights, so that the court can weigh the harm done by each party to the other party.
All judgements always need both parties to be real.

It was clearly illegal for the web designer to lie and claim she was harmed by a law that she then had a right to try to appeal.
She never claimed that she was harmed by the law. She is seeking an injunction to prevent the state from enforcing the law to harm her.

Oh I'm wrong. Then how come this case has been decided?

Do you know what an injunction is?

The SCOTUS is violating precedent.
Stare decisis means we should stand by the way things were already decided.
It gives society continuity and predictability.
By the SCOTUS throwing out Roe vs Ware and anti discrimination laws, the SCOTUS has invalidated itself.
It clearly has gone rogue, and will have to be put down most likely.

The SCOTUS has no authority to issue an injunction against the state.
The SCOTUS is supposed to rule using existing law, not to over turn precedent without any basis in law.

She never claimed that she was harmed by the law. She is seeking an injunction to prevent the state from enforcing the law to harm her.

And that is the point, that seeking an injunction for something that never happened, is inherently illegal.
Right now her claim is theoretical.
It has no real people, there was no real action by the state, so he has nothing to take to the SCOTUS.
So the SCOTUS was not at all acting in accordance with the law as to how appeals are supposed to be filed.

How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?

Didn't this same thing happen in Colorado in 2018 with the baker ? Were not people asking the same questions then ?

How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?

Blah, blah, blah. Lumping blacks and women into this is an insult to those with those immutable traits.

Wrong.
First of all, the precedent of discrimination being illegal is still there, and this case just opened the door for people who consider themselves to be artists.

Colorado lost the baker case in 2018. All this garbage was being spewed back then too.

You'll get over it.

Rather it is the web designer, baker or florist I have no doubt they were not the only one in the area who could do what the gay, lesbian or transgender person wanted. So given this why not just find another person who had the skills and no problem taking there money and giving them what they wanted instead of trying to force the one to go against their religious beliefs.

SCOTUS ruled and the gays are crap outa luck

I agree with SCOTUS, but I think it's not gays but Coloraodo that is going to have to change some things.

If I knew a web designer didn't want to deal with me because I was straight, I would just move on.

It's going to take a while, essentially some people need to think about it (read: people who are paid by the Koch brothers) then they'll start telling Rednecks what to think, then Rednecks will start doing, then they'll end up in court and then at some point the Supreme Court will have to decide on it again

Forum List

Back