🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NRA becomes title sponsor of NASCAR race

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Guns don't kill people... cars do. Or something to that effect. Anyway kids, it's not about politics, it's about the money! Follow the money!

NRA becomes title sponsor of NASCAR race - CBS News

The National Rifle Association is taking its relationship with racing to a new level as the title sponsor of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.

The deal with Texas Motor Speedway comes at a time when the NRA is involved in a renewed debate on gun violence in the wake of the December shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"It's not about politics. It's about sports marketing," TMS president Eddie Gossage said Monday after the announcement of the one-year agreement with the NRA that includes a renewal option...

Kind of makes sense...Robins and Blue Jays don't nest together...

driving-with-the-devil-southern-moonshine-detroit-wheels-and-the-birth-of-nascar.jpg
images

“Moonshiners put more time, energy, thought, and love into their cars than any racer ever will. Lose on the track and you go home. Lose with a load of whiskey and you go to jail.” —Junior Johnson, NASCAR legend and one-time whiskey runner

1LImM1L.jpg

My Dad Founded NASCAR – An Interview With Little Red Vogt

As it turns out, NASCAR’s roots are still more of a secret than anything that has hit WikiLeaks. The racing series really owes a debt of gratitude to a convicted bootlegger and a foul-mouthed mechanical genius for their beginning and successful rise to the top of the motorsports world. Raymond Parks, who left home when he was 14 years old, began running moonshine which ended up with Parks serving a nine-month sentence in a federal penitentiary in Chillicothe, Ohio in 1936-1937.

Red Vogt, whose four letter word vocabulary was as extensive as his mechanical genius, is deserving of being in any motorsports Hall of Fame.

I don't belong to the nra nor nascar, but since obama belongs to, or is not seen at neither I'm sure they're worth while organizations

Guns don't kill people... cars do. Or something to that effect. Anyway kids, it's not about politics, it's about the money! Follow the money!

The National Rifle Association is taking its relationship with racing to a new level as the title sponsor of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.

The deal with Texas Motor Speedway comes at a time when the NRA is involved in a renewed debate on gun violence in the wake of the December shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"It's not about politics. It's about sports marketing," TMS president Eddie Gossage said Monday after the announcement of the one-year agreement with the NRA that includes a renewal option...

Follow what money?

Sounds like a smart move by the NRA. I'm curious to see what happens if someone like Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson win as opposed to one of the other guys like Kisloweski (sp?) or Dale Junior. I'm sure the "fix" will be in and the driver will be coached as to what to do when they win. Wear the hat, the ring, and fire your guns into the air as Tony Stewart did a few years back:

131664862.jpg

It would be a good time to make a statement from one of the more enlightened drivers.

NASCAR is perfect metaphor for America:

"Many different color cars making a lot of noise, driving in circle and going no where fast". :D

Sounds like a smart move by the NRA. I'm curious to see what happens if someone like Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson win as opposed to one of the other guys like Kisloweski (sp?) or Dale Junior. I'm sure the "fix" will be in and the driver will be coached as to what to do when they win. Wear the hat, the ring, and fire your guns into the air as Tony Stewart did a few years back:

131664862.jpg

It would be a good time to make a statement from one of the more enlightened drivers.

The winners of that race traditionally wear the hat and fire the pistols.

Forum List

Back