NRA IN 1999: 'Background Checks for Every Sale at Every Gun Show

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I sick of NRA's bulllying and radical right wing rhetoric. They have evolved into a society of cranks. It is time for our representatives stand up to them. Nobody is going to take their toys away from them, and I am not interested in placating some nut who plans on moving to Waco to fight Abrams tanks with his AR-15.

Yet I just bought a revolver at the local gun show in Frederick.. and had to go thru the whole background check.. go figure... just like anywhere else I would buy a hand gun

The NRA supported key counter offer to the waiting period proposal in the Brady bill from the early nineties, was an instant background check:

On the same day Representative Staggers (D-W.Va.) offered H.R. 1412, the Felon Handgun Purchase Prevention Act of 1991. [76] This proposal would require the Attorney General to establish a Federal hotline within six months of enactment. [77] The hotline was proposed as an alternative to the seven-day waiting period, which was vigorously opposed by some members of the House.

GUN CONTROL: THE BRADY HANDGUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT

The current NRA has adopted the irrational obstructionist extremism of the GOP House.

Forum List

Back