NSA ***ADMITS*** Listening To US Domestic Calls WITHOUT A WARRANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, but, when Bush did it the rw'ers simply said "Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/298685-blaming-bush-for-the-nsa-and-prism-guess-again.html

Well, there it is. It was all Wilson's fault, the biggest Liberal to ever be elected into office, that is until Obama was elected.

At least Wilson tried to keep America out of war and forgave Germany until they tried to get Mexico to invade, I will give him that.

We can blame Wilson for Iraq also since the Allies promised the Middle East to the Arabs but never delivered and only formed Iraq after the fall of the Ottaman Empire.

I wonder if this will fire anyone up, lol.

It was put in place by the Bush admin to target terrorists....not US citizens.

The problem with that is the PA definition of terrorism, which basically says "anyone that seeks to subvert the United States". That can be taken a million ways, only a few of which are legitimate.

A lot of people knew that this would happen. It started with Bush (even if he did not authorize it, to say that some Senators and agencies didn't use it this way is ignorant), Obama jacked it into overdrive, and I'm almost certain that the next president, be they Democrat or Republican, will be seduced by the power it gives to them, and use it just like his or her predecessors did.

If there was no PA, this wouldn't have happened. The PA gives the government free license to do what it wants in the name of "security".

Repeal the PA.

The OP may not be totally accurate according to the following article:

A blockbuster article published by CNET Saturday night alleges that the National Security Agency has the power to listen to Americans' phone calls without a warrant.

That bold assertion lit up social media, but also drew skepticism, with many arguing that it seemed to be based on a misunderstanding.

More: CNET Story Alleging NSA Can Listen To U.S. Phone Calls Without Warrant Faces Skepticism

I'm not for one second willing to believe this is some sort of misunderstanding.
Either way, the fact remains is that they did it. I don't care if it's technically legal thanks to bills passed. It still violates the Constitution.

NSA ****ADMITS****Listening to US Domestic Calls WITHOUT A WARRANT

The National Security Agency has acknowledged in a new classified briefing that it does not need court authorization to listen to domestic phone calls.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, disclosed this week that during a secret briefing to members of Congress, he was told that the contents of a phone call could be accessed "simply based on an analyst deciding that."

If the NSA wants "to listen to the phone," an analyst's decision is sufficient, without any other legal authorization required, Nadler said he learned. "I was rather startled," said Nadler, an attorney and congressman who serves on the House Judiciary committee.

Not only does this disclosure shed more light on how the NSA's formidable eavesdropping apparatus works domestically it also suggests the Justice Department has secretly interpreted federal surveillance law to permit thousands of low-ranking analysts to eavesdrop on phone calls. "

If they can listen to phone calls they can read emails. maybe Snowden wasn't exaggerating, all he needs is the email address to read Obama's mail.

but, but, when Bush did it the rw'ers simply said "Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?"

When President Bush was in office, 75% of Republicans thought that it was ok for the National Security Agency to monitor U.S. citizens calls and 61% of Democrats objected. Now that President Obama is in office, 64% of Democrats support it and 47% of Republicans don't. Sigh....

Majority Views NSA Phone Tracking as Acceptable Anti-terror Tactic | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Is the Patriot Act enough to allow government to trample on our rights? I always thought a constitutional amendment was needed before they could put the bill of rights in a shredder.

.............and as it was in the Bush years, they then have three days to get the warrant.

you praised this shit under whitey now that the brother does it you sqwauk.

Boring!
Wow.

Have you always been a racist? And stupid?

Liar.

We said that if they are listening in on foreign calls and an American was on the other end, then it was okay.

However, we also said that just listening in on Americans without a foreign component was illegal.

Short fucking memory you have.

Obama and his NSA is breaking the constitution in yet all you can do is blame Bush, Whites and spin. I understand that the concepts of rights aren't really understand by such but damn....

Mathew, the precedent was set under Bush. He was the original President that stated the FISA laws did not apply to him. Both under Bush and Obama this is wrong. But acknowledge that the precendent was set under Bush, and that the "Conservatives" did nothing but praise his actions.

Forum List

Back