Number of Americans living paycheck to paycheck jumps 7 percent, report shows

Is it any wonder why people don't have more money while we have a labor shortage?
I know someone who quit her part-time job last summer, when she started to get the monthly child support payments from the government. She was flush with cash for months, and bought all sorts of little luxuries.

She just told me last week that her payments had stopped, money was now tight, and she got her old part-time job back.

Expect to see more of the same as capable adults who has quit part-time jobs because they were getting enhanced welfare start to realize they need to earn money again.

(The Center Square) – A growing number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck despite increasing wages, a newly released report found.
PYMNTS and Lending Club released the report, which says that 61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, an increase of 7 points since May 2021. The report also found 54% of Baby Boomers and seniors are living paycheck to paycheck.

OP comment: Thanks Joe, you keep ruining Americans lives a home and abroad.
They need to make better decisions in their lives to earn more money.

I know someone who quit her part-time job last summer, when she started to get the monthly child support payments from the government. She was flush with cash for months, and bought all sorts of little luxuries.

She just told me last week that her payments had stopped, money was now tight, and she got her old part-time job back.

Expect to see more of the same as capable adults who has quit part-time jobs because they were getting enhanced welfare start to realize they need to earn money again.

Nah, that can't be it.

Do we want americans making the same products as the Chinese for the same wages Chinese make? How are they supposed to live on those wages Ray?

This is from 2019, three years after Trump took office and before the Covid pandemic affected the economy.

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

Note: The source is Forbes, not exactly a liberal publication.

Seems that after one year under Biden, 61% is a real improvement.

If there's a labor shortage you are free to get out there are help the country by working for $15 per hour.

Do we want americans making the same products as the Chinese for the same wages Chinese make? How are they supposed to live on those wages Ray?

I don't know. Ask Dementia. He's letting in those illegals by the tens of thousands every single month who make the same kinds of wages.

I enjoy social security myself.
That’s not the same thing, and you leftists know it. You worked and contributed (I both halves for decades) your own earnings into a forced retirement savings plan - and if you were a decent investor, you would have ended up better off if you could have invested on your own.

The refundable “tax credits” to people who pay no taxes is a pure cash handout for which they did nothing, other than be irresponsible and have babies they can‘t afford to support.

This is from 2019, three years after Trump took office and before the Covid pandemic affected the economy.

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

Note: The source is Forbes, not exactly a liberal publication.

Seems that after one year under Biden, 61% is a real improvement.

Not really because at the end of Trump's term in the heart of the pandemic, we were down to just above 60% when he left office.

Not really because at the end of Trump's term in the heart of the pandemic, we were down to just above 60% when he left office.

Yea. Trump really fixed the economy in 2020 with record unemployment, record recession, record deficits, record social stimulus payments. Die on that hill smart guy.

(The Center Square) – A growing number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck despite increasing wages, a newly released report found.
PYMNTS and Lending Club released the report, which says that 61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, an increase of 7 points since May 2021. The report also found 54% of Baby Boomers and seniors are living paycheck to paycheck.

OP comment: Thanks Joe, you keep ruining Americans lives a home and abroad.
Hell. I been living paycheck to paycheck for 50 plus years.
Last week was 12 grand and I had to borrow $20 to pay my water yesterday
victoria1.jpg

That’s not the same thing, and you leftists know it. You worked and contributed (I both halves for decades) your own earnings into a forced retirement savings plan - and if you were a decent investor, you would have ended up better off if you could have invested on your own.

The refundable “tax credits” to people who pay no taxes is a pure cash handout for which they did nothing, other than be irresponsible and have babies they can‘t afford to support.
I am sorry you hate the way Western societies exist, centuries of evidence is available to show how societies have valued those that have children to help the nation.

Forum List

Back