Number of assisted deaths jumped more than 30 per cent in 2022, report says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Does G-d approve of this? May I never get this desperate or suffer so much in life that I surmise that this is my only way out.

I won't judge them, but I will judge our system. From the Security Industrial Complex on out, what do we represent?

A new Health Canada report says the number of medically assisted deaths in 2022 was more than 30 per cent higher than the year prior.

Medically assisted deaths constituted 4.1 per cent of all deaths in Canada last year, said the report, which was published on Tuesday.

The report is a comprehensive overview of Canada's medical assistance in dying (MAID) law and its effects. The law is set to extend access to medical assistance in dying to those whose sole medical condition is a mental illness in March 2024.

Experts and advocates who spoke with CBC News questioned whether the MAID growth rate and the percentage of deaths should be causes for concern. Some cited perceived gaps in the data.

The report says 13,241 people received medically assisted deaths in 2022 — a 31.2 per cent jump over 2021.

It says 44,958 people have received medically assisted deaths since the introduction of federal legislation in 2016.

Rebecca Vachon, the program director for health at the non-partisan think tank Cardus, described the year-over-year MAID growth as "alarming."

Does G-d approve of this? May I never get this desperate or suffer so much in life that I surmise that this is my only way out.

I won't judge them, but I will judge our system. From the Security Industrial Complex on out, what do we represent?

A new Health Canada report says the number of medically assisted deaths in 2022 was more than 30 per cent higher than the year prior.

Medically assisted deaths constituted 4.1 per cent of all deaths in Canada last year, said the report, which was published on Tuesday.

The report is a comprehensive overview of Canada's medical assistance in dying (MAID) law and its effects. The law is set to extend access to medical assistance in dying to those whose sole medical condition is a mental illness in March 2024.

Experts and advocates who spoke with CBC News questioned whether the MAID growth rate and the percentage of deaths should be causes for concern. Some cited perceived gaps in the data.

The report says 13,241 people received medically assisted deaths in 2022 — a 31.2 per cent jump over 2021.

It says 44,958 people have received medically assisted deaths since the introduction of federal legislation in 2016.

Rebecca Vachon, the program director for health at the non-partisan think tank Cardus, described the year-over-year MAID growth as "alarming."
Most of these people suffered from severe depression.

I bet you are on their radar.....Better seek asylum in the US. ;)
If only you knew what I've been through in this country from a child. We have always been backwards, masquerading as something we are not...

Trudy would make kevorkian blush
i can see where someone is in such chronic pain that narcotics can't control, your terminal and have months to live..........i'd want it too

but when you give people who are depressed an option?????????.........that is fucking crazy...........ummmm...depressed people are questioning if life is worth it to begin with even with no intent to harm themselves.................what a recipe for disaster......this is against everything medicine stands for

I'm all for it. The medical profession's "ethical" opposition is based on Money. 80% of a person's lifetime medical costs are incurred in the last six months of life. My dad died in his 80s and my mother lived to be 100. I prefer the former outcome.

I'm all for it. The medical profession's "ethical" opposition is based on Money. 80% of a person's lifetime medical costs are incurred in the last six months of life. My dad died in his 80s and my mother lived to be 100. I prefer the former outcome.
It is dependant on a number of issues, starting with if someone is of sound mind. That is the minimum basic requirement.

I actually don't see anything wrong with medically assisted deaths. I think it is a great idea. I see it as being very merciful to those suffering who just want to die. If I was sick with cancer or a serious illness I would want it too. I see it is very humane rather than forcing someone to suffer till they died without any medical assistance.

Hard to know what is inside a syringe these days. People are retarded and could be the stuff, right? Painful death I here.

Forum List

Back