Question to LGBTQ+ supporters

If you are introduced to someone named named "Ichabod" and he says to you "Call me Bud". That's what my family and friends call me". Are you going to stand there and say "No. Your name is Ichabod and I'm not going to call you 'Bud' or anything else, because that's not who you are!"? How is using someone's preferred pronouns any different?

How someone prefers to be addressed is no skin off my nose, and it costs me nothing to accommodate them. I don't go through my life looking for things to get pissed off about or offended by. I have enough real issues and problems to be concerned about. This is a real non-issue.

I keep asking why it bothers poster here so much to accommodate these requests and not one person has answered the question.
One hates to point this out, but one does not normally use pronouns when addressing a person, one uses their name. Very rarely does one have the need to refer to someone present by a pronoun. IOW, if someone asks one to call him "Bud", one will call him "Bud", unless we are in a situation where one will use a title instead of a name, in which case it doesn't matter. One will call Bud, "Private", or "Doctor", or whatever the title may be. It would be rude to call him, "him" when he's standing right in front of one. One should not have the power of law to force others to refer to one in any particular way.

No it is not. It is EXACTLY the same thing. You're not being asked to believe they're a woman. You're being asked to use a female pronoun when talking to them.

The level of fear and outrage you project is WAY out of proportion to reality here. This is why transgendered people are subject to more physical attacks, abuse, and murder than any other minority group.

Now WHY are you so triggered? Why this level of fear and anger?
Who uses pronouns when they talk to a person? It would seem quite awkward and weird to be in that conversation. One finds the word, "You" to be quite appropriate.

You know what those women have in common? They are all retired from their respective sports. They never had to play against trans women,if they had, I think their opinion would be different.
It's also not difficult to find women who currently dominate in their sport that do NOT want to compete against men.

You know what those women have in common? They are all retired from their respective sports. They never had to play against trans women,if they had, I think their opinion would be different.
You checked to see all 200 were retired? Rapinoe has been standing up for gay rights her entire career. It's why the right was salty those times they won the world cup and cheered when they finally lost (despite being the most accomplished team in women's world cup history).

You checked to see all 200 were retired?
No, because you referenced “the biggest names in women’s sports”, which listed those 3 in the headline, and the said “200 other female athletes” whose names were apparently not big enough to make it into the headlines. So, “the biggest names in women’s sports” never had to play against trans women. However, the story doesn’t list who those 200 athletes are, so we can’t check them to see if they are retired, or have ever had to compete against trans women.

However, those groups bringing this lawsuit, Lambda Legal and Athletes Ally are both LGBTQ rights advocacy groups, so I’m sure they are pushing for trans women in women’s sports. And I’m sure when their own children have to compete against trans women, they’ll probably have a different view.

But again, I’m hoping that this doesn’t let up. I hope they win their case..i REALLY do, because I’m eager for the day when women are pushed to the back of the line because in order to be competitive in women’s sports, you have to sign the best trans athletes you can find, or when women are having to compete againsnt biological men in the workplace for jobs. I’m not eager for this because it’s right, I’m eager for it because it’s exactly what the left wants, and it’s that which is going to be their undoing.

LEAN FORWARD!!!

No, because you referenced “the biggest names in women’s sports”, which listed those 3 in the headline, and the said “200 other female athletes” whose names were apparently not big enough to make it into the headlines. So, “the biggest names in women’s sports” never had to play against trans women. However, the story doesn’t list who those 200 altimeters are, so we can’t check them to see if they are retired, or have ever had to compete against trans women.

However, those groups bringing this lawsuit, Lambda Legal and Athletes Ally are both LGBTQ rights advocacy groups, so I’m sure they are pushing for trans women in women’s sports. And I’m sure when their own children have to compete against trans women, they’ll probably have a different view.

But again, I’m hoping that this doesn’t let up. I hope they win their case..i REALLY do, because I’m eager for the day when women are pushed to the back of the line because in order to be competitive in women’s sports, you have to sign the best trans athletes you can find, or when women are having to compete againsnt biological men in the workplace for jobs. I’m not eager for this because it’s right, I’m eager for it because it’s exactly what the left wants, and it’s that which is going to be their undoing.

LEAN FORWARD!!!
We're leaning on you. :laugh: You don't understand politics yet? It's about applying pressure.

We're leaning on you. :laugh: You don't understand politics yet? It's about applying pressure.
No, I understand politics, I don’t think YOU understand the impact the lefts policies are having and will have.

Again, we are already seeing people pushing back against them.

No, I understand politics, I don’t think YOU understand the impact the lefts policies are having and will have.

Again, we are already seeing people pushing back against them.
You're only imagining an outcome. You haven't gotten there yet. In fact LGTBQ rights keep finding more allies in the mainstream. Are the bigots?

You're only imagining an outcome. You haven't gotten there yet. In fact LGTBQ rights keep finding more allies in the mainstream. Are the bigots?

Of course I’m imagining it, based on what i see around me. Sure, we’re not there yet, but I think it’s coming. Here’s the interesting part. Even if the left sees the backlash from it, there’s nothing they can do to stop it, because to start reversing policies and stances now would be to incur the wrath of those groups whose agenda you’ve been trying to push.

The left has painted themselves into a corner here.

You’ll have to find some bigots..other than the ones who apparently invade your thoughts. Just because you call them that is irrelevant. Your views are guided by hate.

However, to answer your question, you tell me…are we not seeing people pushing back on leftist policies? Are we not seeing a movement pushing back against trans women in women’s sports? I think we are seeing that.

Of course I’m imagining it, based on what i see around me. Sure, we’re not there yet, but I think it’s coming. Here’s the interesting part. Even if the left sees the backlash from it, there’s nothing they can do to stop it, because to start reversing policies and stances now would be to incur the wrath of those groups whose agenda you’ve been trying to push.

The left has painted themselves into a corner here.

You’ll have to find some bigots..other than the ones who apparently invade your thoughts. Just because you call them that is irrelevant. Your views are guided by hate.

However, to answer your question, you tell me…are we not seeing people pushing back on leftist policies? Are we not seeing a movement pushing back against trans women in women’s sports? I think we are seeing that.
We're seeing political reactions in Republican states but their support is mostly with older sooner too be dead voters. Young voters don't support their bigot policies. Even in red states.

We're seeing political reactions in Republican states but their support is mostly with older sooner too be dead voters. Young voters don't support their bigot policies. Even in red states.

Well, again, let’s see how that plays out. Young voters haven’t yet gotten a taste of the policies they support. Wait until they get out of college and actually have to work for a living, and live in the world they themselves created. I think you’ll see change of hearts, even in those young liberal voters.

Well, again, let’s see how that plays out. Young voters haven’t yet gotten a taste of the policies they support. Wait until they get out of college and actually have to work for a living, and live in the world they themselves created. I think you’ll see change of hearts, even in those young liberal voters.
When enough young women find themselves in the hospital after competing against male athletes, the eyes will open as well.

Forum List

Back