There is such a thing as a gay Republican.

I guess I'm going to have to be Captain Obvious. There is such a thing as a gay republican.

Geogre Santos was one.

Column: Think ‘gay Republican’ is a contradiction? Think again​

Charles Moran is proudly gay and proudly Republican.

To some that combination is an inherent contradiction, like being a meat-eating vegetarian, a violent pacifist or a Dodger-loving San Francisco Giants fan.

In recent months, conservative extremists have declared war on the LGBTQ+ community, waging skirmishes on social media, school campuses and in the aisles of your friendly neighborhood Target store.

Hundreds of anti-LGBTQ+ bills have been introduced in statehouses across the country, part of a Pink Scare aimed at inciting the Republican base for political profit and financial gain.

Moran, however, insists there is a middle ground, even if you have to squint to see it through the blaze of the smoking culture wars.

“I don’t want to see my movement, the gay movement, hijacked by far-left, cultural Marxists,” he said. “And I don’t want the antigay forces that still exist in the social conservative movement to hijack the progress that I helped make in the Republican Party.”

Those are words guaranteed to antagonize people of various stripes, which reflects the odd and uncomfortable position of the Log Cabin Republicans, an organization that advocates for LGBTQ+ rights from within the GOP. The group, headquartered in Washington, claims more than 10,000 members nationwide. The 42-year-old Moran, born and raised in San Pedro, is president.

IMHO they are thick on the ground. Some quite obviously, like Gaetz and Graham.

What you aren't seeing is "out" gay republicans.

I guess I'm going to have to be Captain Obvious. There is such a thing as a gay republican.

I guess you've never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans, eh?

Geogre Santos was one.
IS one.

So is Larry "Wide Stance" Craig.

So is Robert Bauman. He likes little boys.

So is Howard L. Brooks. He also likes little boys.

So is Stephen White, who, you guessed it, likes little boys.

Andrew Buhr? Yep! Little boys.

And who can forget Ted Haggard?

And of course, there's pedophile-enabler Gym Jordan who helped cover up the molestation of boys.

I guess you've never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans, eh?

IS one.

So is Larry "Wide Stance" Craig.

So is Robert Bauman. He likes little boys.

So is Howard L. Brooks. He also likes little boys.

So is Stephen White, who, you guessed it, likes little boys.

Andrew Buhr? Yep! Little boys.

And who can forget Ted Haggard?

And of course, there's pedophile-enabler Gym Jordan who helped cover up the molestation of boys.
I have heard of the Log Cabin Republicans. I started this thread because Republicans blame Democrats for LGBTQ and my point was to Repubnlicans. I don't need to be explained who the gay Republicans are or have been.

The Repubican party elects racusts to make laws. There aren't full blown racists of all colors in the Democratic party.

"Usually the black racist has been produced by the white racist. In most cases where you see it, it is the reaction to white racism, and if you analyze it closely, it's not really black racism... If we react to white racism with a violent reaction, to me that's not black racism. If you come to put a rope around my neck and I hang you for it, to me that's not racism. Yours is racism, but my reaction has nothing to do with racism..."
-- Malcolm X

And you can make this same comment for every other non white group.
You're a lying shitweasel. You brown and black people took MILLIONS of white slaves AND I WANT REPARATIONS!!!!

Greg

Sure we can, Trump is faarrr smarter than Biden. Biden was an idiot even in the 80s....the guy had to get out of a race for plagiarism...
No, Trump isn't smarter than Biden. Trump paid another person to take his college entry exam. He's an idiot.

Geogre Santos was one.

To some that combination is an inherent contradiction, like being a meat-eating vegetarian, a violent pacifist or a Dodger-loving San Francisco Giants fan.

In recent months, conservative extremists have declared war on the LGBTQ+ community, waging skirmishes on social media, school campuses and in the aisles of your friendly neighborhood Target store.

Hundreds of anti-LGBTQ+ bills have been introduced in statehouses across the country, part of a Pink Scare aimed at inciting the Republican base for political profit and financial gain.

Moran, however, insists there is a middle ground, even if you have to squint to see it through the blaze of the smoking culture wars.

“I don’t want to see my movement, the gay movement, hijacked by far-left, cultural Marxists,” he said. “And I don’t want the antigay forces that still exist in the social conservative movement to hijack the progress that I helped make in the Republican Party.”

Those are words guaranteed to antagonize people of various stripes, which reflects the odd and uncomfortable position of the Log Cabin Republicans, an organization that advocates for LGBTQ+ rights from within the GOP. The group, headquartered in Washington, claims more than 10,000 members nationwide. The 42-year-old Moran, born and raised in San Pedro, is president.

George Santos

Geogre Santos was one.

This illustrates that gay Americans are no better or worse than any other American – that gay Americans can be just as stupid, ignorant, and dishonest, such as being gay and a Republican.

The same is true of black Republicans – black Americans are perfectly capable of being stupid, ignorant, and dishonest.

Geogre Santos was one.

George Santos had 2 mothers and they both died. One in Brazil and the other was killed in the World Trade Towers.
I can`t pick on a guy who buried 2 mothers. :icon_cry:

Geogre Santos was one.

It’s completely beyond me why any gay, black or female voter would ever vote Republican.

Geogre Santos was one.

Yeah I do agree I did always find Santos a contradiction to his party. In reality not everyone agrees with everything their party stands for. Like I know many Republican voters who are actually pro-abortion or are not against gay marriage, but they still vote Republican because they agree more with that party.

Myself as a Democrat I have noticed many Democrat voters don't agree with everything the Democrats stand for. For example I have met many Democrat voters who are very much against abortion and gay marriage, but they vote Democrat anyway because they agree more with the Democrat party.

Forum List

Back