Nunes' Dud Memo may have strengthened Mueller's Quest

if obama can tell people I DID NOT KNOW OF HER SERVER which is now proven a bald faced lie, the left has zero room to talk about trumps lies now do they?

you lose credibility when you go after one side and excuse your own side for doing the same or worse.

if THAT is the case, what dimwits like you, SHOULD be asking is the WHY, then, Obama kept this little tidbit secret.......

Comey says FBI began investigation into Russia meddling in July
www.latimes.com/.../la-na-essential-washington-updates-comey-fbi-launched-investig...
FBI Director James B. Comey told Congress that the FBI launched its investigation into Russian meddling in the U.S. elections nearly nine months ago. He said the FBI started investigating the matter in July and that its work was still in the early stages. He declined to say when the investigation might concluded.

The Trump Campaign Has Been Under Investigation Since July | The ...

if obama can tell people I DID NOT KNOW OF HER SERVER which is now proven a bald faced lie, the left has zero room to talk about trumps lies now do they?

you lose credibility when you go after one side and excuse your own side for doing the same or worse.

if THAT is the case, what dimwits like you, SHOULD be asking is the WHY, then, Obama kept this little tidbit secret.......

Comey says FBI began investigation into Russia meddling in July
www.latimes.com/.../la-na-essential-washington-updates-comey-fbi-launched-investig...
FBI Director James B. Comey told Congress that the FBI launched its investigation into Russian meddling in the U.S. elections nearly nine months ago. He said the FBI started investigating the matter in July and that its work was still in the early stages. He declined to say when the investigation might concluded.

The Trump Campaign Has Been Under Investigation Since July | The ...
doesn't matter. it was a lie now wasn't it?

funny how you can excuse the bullshit on your side but hey - the bullshit on the other is horrendous.

back to the void for you. i can only take so much fucked up dumbass in one day.

It's hard to deny that Trump's options in this regard are very limited and that there really is no good outcome to any of them.

Actually, I'd go so far as to state that Trump has NO good options......ergo, that is why I stated that he is "cornered."

We can all remember how Trump boasted that he would readily accept the Mueller team's invitation to testify (even under oath....but that wouldn't make any difference anyway.)

Now, the mood has drastically changed.....

IF Trump refuses to testify, the only other choice for Mueller is to ask one of the grand juries to issue a subpoena....

When that happens, Trump's legal team will try to have the SCOTUS address the issue....and, based on the Watergate history, the SCOTUS would most likely refuse to let Trump off the hook (a Trump phrase regarding his indicted buddy, Flynn.)

So, the only other choice that Trump has, is to face the Mueller team, and

a. Lie (suicidal)
b. Tell the truth (also suicidal)...or
c. Plead the Fifth (politically ALSO suicidal.)

Fun times ahead.

ztrump-cornered.jpg
do you just wake up in the morning with a goal of being stupider than the day before?

It's hard to deny that Trump's options in this regard are very limited and that there really is no good outcome to any of them.

My guess is that his lawyers want the questions to be provided in writing before the interview. Of course they'd prefer no under oath questioning, but Mueller very well might get a subpoena. But if the lawyers can prep his answers, and have some limitation on followup questions, they might be ok. The danger is Trump going off typically half cocked. And he has a history of doing that with depositions. They'd need to carefully script what he can recall, and can't recall.

More than half of us are convinced Trump colluded with Russia. The Trumpbots will never agree to that ... even if there's video of Putin slipping five inches into Trump's enormous ass. But they should be just trying to get this over with, without the supreme court weighing in, just to get it over with. Unless there's a bomb hidden out there, it's all theatre at this point, and we'll just learn the details of Trump not recalling that he told Papendopolis to offer the entire Ukraine or something for Hillary's emails.

If the economy holds, Trump's polls go up. If the tax cut backfires, the dems will take the House and maybe the Senate.

My guess is that his lawyers want the questions to be provided in writing before the interview.

Fully agree with two slight exception....

First, NO decent prosecutor would be dumb enough to give questions in advance....and Mueller is NO dumb prosecutor....

Second, regardless whether its under oath or not, Mueller will have FBI agents asking questions during the interview........under oath or not, LYING to an FBI agent is STILL cause for an indictment.

We can all remember how Trump boasted that he would readily accept the Mueller team's invitation to testify (even under oath....but that wouldn't make any difference anyway.)

IF Trump refuses to testify, the only other choice for Mueller is to ask one of the grand juries to issue a subpoena....

When that happens, Trump's legal team will try to have the SCOTUS address the issue....and, based on the Watergate history, the SCOTUS would most likely refuse to let Trump off the hook (a Trump phrase regarding his indicted buddy, Flynn.)

a. Lie (suicidal)

Fun times ahead.

ztrump-cornered.jpg
do you just wake up in the morning with a goal of being stupider than the day before?

FBI 'Lovers' New Texts Expose Obama Complicity: He "Wants To Know Everything We're Doing"

Nice deflection. That has not a thing to do with what I posted.

Weird the news source I saw said it was for service person appreciation. That what North Korea does, Mr. Nutcase?

The estimated $40 million to pay for this little parade (including fixing Pennsylvania Avenue after the tanks chop it up).......would be BETTER spent on VA benefits to "appreciate" service persons....Don't you think, nitwit?

American shows of military strength don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.

You think they don't have some of those around the nation's capital nitwit? How about asking for donations with half to the parade and half to VA improvements?
...and tanks used in parades have rubber pads on each track link. nat4900 is a fucking blowbarf idiot.

They still tear up roads. 60 tons tends to do that.
No they don't. I have seen many on asphalt paving, leaving no marks except when they turn....and even then, it's no worse than marks laid by a car burning rubber.

The weight is spread over a large area, much larger than that of a fully loaded (40ton) big rig.

Weird the news source I saw said it was for service person appreciation. That what North Korea does, Mr. Nutcase?

The estimated $40 million to pay for this little parade (including fixing Pennsylvania Avenue after the tanks chop it up).......would be BETTER spent on VA benefits to "appreciate" service persons....Don't you think, nitwit?

American shows of military strength don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.

You think they don't have some of those around the nation's capital nitwit? How about asking for donations with half to the parade and half to VA improvements?
...and tanks used in parades have rubber pads on each track link. nat4900 is a fucking blowbarf idiot.

No they don't. I have seen many on asphalt paving, leaving no marks except when they turn....and even then, it's no worse than marks laid by a car burning rubber.

The weight is spread over a large area, much larger than that of a fully loaded (40ton) big rig.

Sure. Whatever you say. It's not like I was in the Army at all.

I wasn't in the Army. I've seen tanks in parades. I do understand that the Army pays for damages from tank tracks when they exercise their skills in non-base areas. We've paid a shitload of money to German farmers in the past. Parade tanks are fitted with rubber pads to preclude such damage.

a. Lie (suicidal)

Fun times ahead.

ztrump-cornered.jpg
You're delusion is getting worse. Idiot.

Girl scouts don't count.

This is sooo comical. So far Mueller has found no evidence of collusion. Not one of his handful of indictments involves collusion. Some of his charges are about stuff that happened before Trump even ran for office, for crying out loud.

But you guys continue in this self-delusion that Mueller is "closing in on Trump." Let me know how that turns out.

..some of his charges are about stuff that happened before Trump even ran for office, for crying out loud.

Why do fucked up, ignorant Trump ass kissers,like you, DEMAND to be called idiots?

1, On Nov.30, 2017 ((10 months after the orange clown was sworn in) the special counsel charged former national security adviser Michael Flynn with one count of making false statements to the FBI in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1001(a)(2) regarding his contacts with the former Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak. Flynn pleaded guilty in D.C. federal district court at a 10:30 a.m. hearing. The special counsel's office has released a charging document, a statement of the offense, and a plea agreement.

Special Counsel's Office | Department of Justice
Special Counsel's Office | Department of Justice
Oct 30, 2017 - The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and ... George Papadopoulos, of Chicago, Illinois, pleaded guilty on Oct. 5, 2017, to making false statements to FBI agents, in violation of 18 U.S.C. 1001.

3. On October 31, 2017

The indictments
  • Trump's campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort's former business associate, Rick Gates, pleaded not guilty after being indicted by a grand jury.
  • The indictment was unsealed Monday morning, and it contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Given the anti-climatic environment that this Nunes memo has caused, and given the rush by several high ranking republicans (Ryan, Gowdy, et al) to assure us that the Nunes' fiasco has NOTHING to do with impugning the Mueller investigation, this past couple of days may have actually helped cement the carrying on of this investigative quest.......

WH spokespeople (and AG Session himself) have confirmed that Rosenstein is FIRMLY in his position and Trump appointed FBI director, Wray is also not threatened..........One has to wonder if this Nunes' "nothing burger" was really worth all the hoopla that it caused.

No doubt, trump finds himself in a corner.....debating the "power" he has to fire folks at will.....BUT, being cautioned that exercising that "power" would be a death knell for his administration.
/----/ Links on drudge:
New FBI texts show Obama wanted updates on Clinton investigation...
Flashback: President 'Guarantees' He's Staying out of Hillary Probe...

/----/ Links on drudge:
New FBI texts show Obama wanted updates on Clinton investigation...
Flashback: President 'Guarantees' He's Staying out of Hillary Probe...

Dimwit........Is this thread about Obama or Nunes???

...and anyone who cites "Drudge" is an automatic moron.....lol

President Trump doesn’t require an “excuse” to fire anyone in the Executive branch. He can relieve the AG, the Director of the F.B.I., or a military general any time he wants for no reason at all.
True..........HOWEVER, since that is also the prerogative of most dictators, in our DEMOCRACY we frown upon a so-called president who fires people to protect his OWN sorry, fat ass.
Do we “frown” upon it? Not once did I head you speak out against Barack Insane Obama when he relieved one of America’s finest generals (Stanley McChrystal) with absolutely no cause. His big “crime” was criticizing Obama (something permitted - almost required - in America). Reliving people of duty because one can’t handle being criticized? Sounds like the definition of a dictator to me.

Now...I completely understand why Barack Insane Obama did it. But then again, I’m not a partisan hack like you are.

...and anyone who cites "Drudge" is an automatic moron.....lol
Why? The Drudge was created when the lying, liberal media intentionally hid information (about Bill Clinton’s affair). Drudge published and changed the world.

It speaks volumes about you that you consider the single most honest, trustworthy source today to be unworthy of reading. You actually prefer media that was caught lying and hiding information from you. That’s incredible. You literally prefer the “ignorance is bliss” way of life. Wow.

Forum List

Back