Nutter Thinks TV Viewer Perception of July 4th Concert Profanity Was Overblown

So-called conservatives are all about small government until words are involved. Then Brent Bozell rides by on his white horse (branded with the Newsbusters logo), and smites the potty mouths.

Governing a modicum of decency in public is a public good. Profanity is fit for bars and talking about your chick's big throbbing nipples while playing poker.

Showing disrespect for your woman is indecent, not swearing.

So-called conservatives are all about small government until words are involved. Then Brent Bozell rides by on his white horse (branded with the Newsbusters logo), and smites the potty mouths.

Governing a modicum of decency in public is a public good. Profanity is fit for bars and talking about your chick's big throbbing nipples while playing poker.

What's disrespectful about big throbbing nipples?

What's disrespectful about big throbbing nipples?

Do you have to be told how disrespectful it is to talk about your woman in front if other guys like this?

Why would the performers be using any profanity for a 4th of July concert?

That is how they speak. Most people swear.

No, only the ignorant, ill-mannered and coarse boors who think they are cool by justifying and correct their sadly lacking intellect with vulgar profanity.

Most people swear, it is only a big deal if you make it one. And then children will speak this way, because it is a big deal. Something they are not supposed to do.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Mayor Nutter says reports of rampant profanities by performers at this month’s “Welcome America” Fourth of July concert were somewhat exaggerated.

WPVI-TV, which broadcast the concert live, frequently cut away from the audio and video during the songs of every performer except Jennifer Hudson.

Mayor Nutter says he later compared the raw concert footage to the tape of the broadcast, and believes that the profanities were less frequent than first thought (see previous story).

Nutter Thinks TV Viewer Perception of July 4th Concert Profanity Was Overblown « CBS Philly

Don't care for profanity myself reserving my own use of it for when special emphasis is desired. But to pile-on, Anthony Bordain said "shit" on his CNN show last night, the Tokyo one.

"Knock off this rock shit." or something like that.

One of my favorite sports videos ever -- coincidentally the same TV station:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8faZC2fYHg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8faZC2fYHg[/ame]

Going by the background, the world seems to approve. :thup:

I think the most important thing about this story is that the mayor of Philadelphia is named "Nutter".

His aides Ron RiTard and Dom S. Moran don't think so.

Actually there is an engineer in Philly named Dick Bagg. You can see his name on elevator certificates. True story.

Forum List

Back