Nvidia chips used to power advanced AI are finding their way to the Chinese military despite US blockade

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
With a nation with so much wealth and loyal foreign agents around the world as China and their allies have fostered, who didn't see this coming?

They are smuggling in specifically military purpose advanced chips. As much as the U.S is trying to stop this, it seems Chinas reach is far, FAR wider than some in California and New York for instance will tell you.

Why are they so desperately in pursuit of these chips when they already have the second most powerful in the world, some say it is currently already on par with the U.S and their navy is much larger than anyones?

I don't know but your guess is as good as mine. I have noticed a big increase in Chinese influencers on youtube, I can't even imagine what the numbers on Tik Tok are.

A network of smugglers is helping the Chinese military obtain powerful microchips made by Nvidia, an American company, all under the nose of a US national security blockade meant to curb China's AI development.

The United States is competing with China to dominate the AI industry. In an effort to maintain its global dominance, the Biden administration plans to expand its ban on exports of semiconductor manufacturing equipment to include Israel, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.

The United States also worries that advanced artificial intelligence could be used to modernize foreign militaries, which could threaten American security worldwide.

Nvidia's chips are fueling the global AI boom, elevating the company to one of the most profitable in the world. The United States only allows Nvidia to sell a less-powerful version of its chip in China.

EgEWUILXkAEveK5.jpg

Forum List

Back