NY Times: Obama Has Lost All Credibility...

When this bill passed I couldn't believe the short sited vision that the smartest people we have as politicians couldn't see where this bill would lead us.
I'm just a stupid peon and I DID see the possibilities, what's up with that?

Or, just maybe these politicians did see the end results and the possibilities for empowering our government.

Must be you understand why the Constitution was written the way it was and you appreciate the limits of the Power and Scope of government..

Rare talent bud...

But your downfall is that you believe we have "smarter politicians".. THey lose 20 IQ points per election cycle.. I swear that's true..
Hayek nailed it, nearly 70 years ago.

Hayek Was Right: The Worst Do Get to the Top : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education

Why the Worst Get on Top - F.A. Hayek - Chapter 10 of "The Road to Serfdom"

it was carried-out as a result of, quelle surprise!, the *cough* "patriot act", drawn up because a Repub admin was asleep at the wheel. Now, as a direct result of their dereliction of duty, we have a ginormous federal security bureaucracy. :eusa_eh: Thanks Repubs :clap2:

And democrats voted for it too! And then they turned around and renewed it!

Congratulations on your special cognition failure, Capt. Partisan! :cuckoo:

reading is not your strong suit I see. :eusa_eh: The majority of those who voted AGAINST the *cough* "patriot act" were Democrats. Also the President reauthorized portions of the act, NOT the entire thing so..... take your hackery elsewhere. :thup:

Aren't you the one who claims to NOT be a Republican as well :eusa_eh:

Another cognition failure. I for one am completely shocked!

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 1
Not Voting 1

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Campbell (R-CO), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Yea
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Hutchinson (R-AR), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Not Voting
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thompson (R-TN), Yea
Thurmond (R-SC), Yea
Torricelli (D-NJ), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Wellstone (D-MN), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

And don't forget about Obama's NDAA. I know many try to conveniently forget about that, but it is an awful reality.

it was carried-out as a result of, quelle surprise!, the *cough* "patriot act", drawn up because a Repub admin was asleep at the wheel. Now, as a direct result of their dereliction of duty, we have a ginormous federal security bureaucracy. :eusa_eh: Thanks Repubs :clap2:

It's not working DotCom. And it makes YOU look like a supporter of this tryanny by sitting here wasting time trying to gain political points..

Notice that obama's "dragnet" completely missed the Boston Bombers, AFTER having been specifically warned about them by the Russians.

This could only have happened if obama and his evil regime intended that the terrorist attack take place.

from the link:
...we now know that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency used the Patriot Act to obtain a secret warrant...

Patriot Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month.[5] The next day on October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[6] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent.
What was the Senate vote, jackass?

reading is not your strong suit I see. :eusa_eh: The majority of those who voted AGAINST the *cough* "patriot act" were Democrats. Also the President reauthorized portions of the act, NOT the entire thing so..... take your hackery elsewhere. :thup:

Wrongo captain oblivious.

Notice that obama's "dragnet" completely missed the Boston Bombers, AFTER having been specifically warned about them by the Russians.

This could only have happened if obama and his evil regime intended that the terrorist attack take place.

I have a feeling it was a horribly botched FBI operation. They were obviously well-aware of these guys. They probably funded and facilitated the event. The FBI is known to do that. Now they're in 'Cover our Ass' mode.

from the link:
...we now know that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency used the Patriot Act to obtain a secret warrant...

Patriot Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month.[5] The next day on October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[6] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent.
What was the Senate vote, jackass?

Even in Congress the democrats voted 145-62 in favor of it, so I don't know what Dotcom has been huffing.

If I remember correctly, Obama even enhanced the Patriot Act.
Also remember, he was against it before he was for it. :eusa_whistle:
If I remember correctly theres 2 supporting links missing from your post :thup:

Another cognition failure. I for one am completely shocked!

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 1
Not Voting 1

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Campbell (R-CO), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Yea
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Hutchinson (R-AR), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Not Voting
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thompson (R-TN), Yea
Thurmond (R-SC), Yea
Torricelli (D-NJ), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Wellstone (D-MN), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Theres only 98 members in the House :eusa_eh: Nice try :thup:

Last edited:
The Patriot Act is a creature of the Repub Party. Instituted on their watch because of something they failed to do on their watch. Stand up & own it.

The Patriot Act is a creature of the Repub Party. Instituted on their watch because of something they failed to do on their watch. Stand up & own it.

What a goofball. Everything bad under Obama's watch is Boooooosh's fault and everything bad under boooooosh's watch is Booooosh's fault.

Dot.......it was a bipartisan bill that past by both parties 98-1 total in the Senate and 145-62 democrats in Congress. DC owns this Bill, Dot.....just as plain and simple as I can get it for you.

Last edited:
The Patriot Act was signed into law with almost unanimous bipartisan support. I find it rather pathetic that you can not grasp this simple and cited reality and instead favor partisan dogma. But the fact remains that democrats voted for it in 2001, and voted for it again upon its renewal with a democrat sitting president who even escalated it use....of course, he was against it before he was for it. But you dont care about that. you only want to keep repeating a lie over and over until in your mind, it is the truth.

What a goofball. Everything bad under Obama's watch is Boooooosh's fault and everything bad under boooooosh's watch is Booooosh's fault.

Dot.......it was a bipartisan bill that past by both parties 98-1 in the Senate and 145-62 in Congress. DC owns this Bill, Dot.....just as plain and simple as I can get it for you.

You can not make someone with an overwhelming case of cognitive dissonance see reality. Dotcom will continue to say it was all Bush and republicans. Even though that has been proven to be completely false and it doesn't take all that much to prove it.

Dot.......it was a bipartisan bill that past by both parties 98-1 in the Senate and 145-62 in Congress. DC owns this Bill, Dot.....just as plain and simple as I can get it for you.

You can not make someone with an overwhelming case of cognitive dissonance see reality. Dotcom will continue to say it was all Bush and republicans. Even though that has been proven to be completely false and it doesn't take all that much to prove it.

I can't see how a person could argue against the actual facts, it just amazes me.

When the Patriot Act was passed, no one imagined we would have a president who so hates the American people that he would use it against them. The democrat response is "you should have known that as soon as a democrat got into the presidency, he would use the Act against Americans, so it's your fault."

Why is it that everyone on this forum is ignoring the fact that these Patriot Act programs were limited to surveillance on phones and Internet activity (THAT HAS A FOREIGN ELEMENT IN IT!) of known terrorists and other foreign nationals.

This program is so broad that they are including everyone, regardless of association.

I'm wondering at the justification brought before the FISA court to get such a large net.

When the Patriot Act was passed, no one imagined we would have a president who so hates the American people that he would use it against them. The democrat response is "you should have known that as soon as a democrat got into the presidency, he would use the Act against Americans, so it's your fault."
I did...But the neocon Bushbots poo-poo-ed my pointing out of that eventuality.

I just had no idea it would happen so soon.

Forum List

Back