NY Times: Obama Has Lost All Credibility...

When the Patriot Act was passed, no one imagined we would have a president who so hates the American people that he would use it against them.

False. many of us knew it would lead to even bigger abuses down the road from anothe president. This has been the case for decades, hundreds of years now. The slow creep of power encroachment was not only seen in advance, thos ewho did see rang the warning bells. Only to be mocked, belittled and ridiculed by those who had their head up their ass on the situation.

What makes it even more ironic, is that LOLberals voted for hope and change on this stuff only to have more of it rammed down their throat. Now, they just can not accept that so they cling to false notions of who is responsible.

it's pretty sad and pathetic, really.

Last edited:
NY Times: Obama Has Lost All Credibility...

While I agree I cannot figure out why OBAMA's name is even mentioned.

Here's why I am confused about why OBAMA is even noted.

We now know that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency used the Patriot Act to obtain a secret warrant to compel Verizon’s business services division to turn over data on every single call that went through its system. We know that this particular order was a routine extension of surveillance that has been going on for years, and it seems very likely that it extends beyond Verizon’s business division. There is every reason to believe the federal government has been collecting every bit of information about every American’s phone calls except the words actually exchanged in those calls...

This shit has been going on for DECADES!

This isn't something OBAMA invented, perfected or agumented.

THIS IS OUR POLICE STATE GOVERNMENT IN ACTION.

Now we're going to tell outselveves this is a PARTISAN ISSUE?

Let's stop bullshitting outselves, shall we?

WE live in a POLICE STATE, and we have been living in this police state for most of our adult lifetimes.

This is NOT about Rs and Ds this is about THEM WITH POWER versus the CITIZENS

Well golly gee willikers officer, the rest of the football team was raping her, so I don't see why I should get in trouble for doing the same thing!

The Patriot Act and NDAA are overwhelmingly supported by both Parties. That's just the sad reality.

Why is it that everyone on this forum is ignoring the fact that these Patriot Act programs were limited to surveillance on phones and Internet activity (THAT HAS A FOREIGN ELEMENT IN IT!) of known terrorists and other foreign nationals.

This program is so broad that they are including everyone, regardless of association.

I'm wondering at the justification brought before the FISA court to get such a large net.
When the Patriot Act was passed, no one imagined we would have a president who so hates the American people that he would use it against them. The democrat response is "you should have known that as soon as a democrat got into the presidency, he would use the Act against Americans, so it's your fault."
I did...But the neocon Bushbots poo-poo-ed my pointing out of that eventuality.

I just had no idea it would happen so soon.
No sooner do I hit "submit", one of the aforementioned neocon Bushbots chimes in. :lol:

Thanks for making my post so prescient, dude.

Good job. :thup:

Why is it that everyone on this forum is ignoring the fact that these Patriot Act programs were limited to surveillance on phones and Internet activity (THAT HAS A FOREIGN ELEMENT IN IT!) of known terrorists and other foreign nationals.

This program is so broad that they are including everyone, regardless of association.

I'm wondering at the justification brought before the FISA court to get such a large net.
When the Patriot Act was passed, no one imagined we would have a president who so hates the American people that he would use it against them. The democrat response is "you should have known that as soon as a democrat got into the presidency, he would use the Act against Americans, so it's your fault."

No sooner do I hit "submit", one of the aforementioned neocon Bushbots chimes in. :lol:

Anyone with a brain saw the immense potentialities when Bush & Co. expanded on these programs in the wake of 9/11 & the anthrax attacks.

It should have made anyone shudder... right or left.

Anyone with a brain saw the immense potentialities when Bush & Co. expanded on these programs in the wake of 9/11 & the anthrax attacks.

It should have made anyone shudder... right or left.

It was Obama who demonized the Bush administration's abuse of presidential power. He promised to end warrantless wiretaps, harassing people with differing political beliefs, end signing statements, lie after lie.

If you believe the horse shit the left spewed about Bush, and this administration has doubled down on all of Bush's policies, Obama truly is a dictator with editorial control over the NYT.

The Patriot Act was signed into law with almost unanimous bipartisan support. I find it rather pathetic that you can not grasp this simple and cited reality and instead favor partisan dogma. But the fact remains that democrats voted for it in 2001, and voted for it again upon its renewal with a democrat sitting president who even escalated it use....of course, he was against it before he was for it. But you dont care about that. you only want to keep repeating a lie over and over until in your mind, it is the truth.

That's the foundation of liberalism isn't it?

Sadly, I have to admit I was one of those Bush-Bots in the beginning, but it didn't take long to see the slope at least.

There are a few in the Left Globalist Press finally coming around. I have to give the NY Times some credit on this one. I know they did go back and edit some of it, but it's a start. I'll take what i can get at this point.

Perfect opportunity for EVERYONE to re-evaluate their opponents...

I watched MSNBC last night for more than 2 minutes.. First time in a long time. Because Maddow USED to be a Liberal that I read in print until the Prog Revolution re-programmed her and gave her a stage..

I Think SHE gets it.
Those who stand there in Public and try to score political points on this one are doomed.

Question --

What pressure did the NYT recieve to censor itself?? Was it from their Prog Revolutionary Guard readership?

Or are they just afraid of the govt they helped build to this size and power?

Forum List

Back