NYC $15 minimum wage hurting restaurants

So basically fuck the people who want a nice $40 meal, and those paying $150 for a meal are just fine.

What a fucking bougie douche you are.
It wouldn't be that much of a difference. But you don't mind being served by people who can't make a living. I bet you shop at Walmart as well.

The wait staff usually does just fine. For some of them it's a part time job, for some a second job.

My father did side work growing up. Where is it written that you only need 1 job to provide a sustainable life, especially if you are low skilled or just starting out?

This tries to make low end jobs like professions, something you can do for a career, and they were never meant for that.

it's a way of coddling people to keep them needy on progressives, and not encouraging them to better themselves.

Of course a snitty bougie freak like you is OK with that.
Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps. Or have to live in a camper... I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more. Trickle down doesn't work all that well. But you\re ok so you don't care about others. GO TRUMP!

They are paid so little because their skills set isn't worth much. They can improve their skill set and move on to a better paying position.

By subsidizing them at a low skill level, you remove the incentive to increase skill.

It's you ilk that don't care about them, because you want to coddle them and incentivize them staying at subsistence level.

And in actuality, when you raise pay to a point where a person of low skill no longer provides enough labor to justify the cost, either the business will fire them and hire a more skilled person, or eliminate their position via increasing the workload of others, or automation.
Who says people never move beyond a minimum wage?
Most do

Doesn’t mean they should be exploited while earning minimum wages

They are not being exploited, they are being paid for the value of the labor they add.

If they feel they are not, they can move to a job that does.

Exploited? In turns out you do show your inner communist from time to time.

When the prevailing wages do not provide an income where workers can afford rent, food and healthcare, the state has to step up and supplement low wages

More reason to increase minimum wage

If workers never advance in skill beyond what can earn them below $15 an hour, the issue isn't with the system, it's with the person.

That person simply isn't worth $15 an hour, or probably even $10 an hour. But forcing an employer to pay them more than they provide as a value input is a great way to ruin a local economy.

Is the property you rent worth $10,000 a month, is a pound of beef worth $7?

You pay the going rate, if the going minimum wage is $15, you pay it
Property is high because of all the regulations you democrats have put on new and resold property
Doesn’t matter

Rents, taxes, energy, cost of supplies are all a cost of doing business

So is the price of labor

Yet, we don’t see restaurants threatening to go out of business every time rent or taxes increase

Funny how 30 grand a year government dog catchers in red states do the same job as 100 grand dog catchers in the blue cities/states.
Still over $15 an hour

It wouldn't be that much of a difference. But you don't mind being served by people who can't make a living. I bet you shop at Walmart as well.

The wait staff usually does just fine. For some of them it's a part time job, for some a second job.

My father did side work growing up. Where is it written that you only need 1 job to provide a sustainable life, especially if you are low skilled or just starting out?

This tries to make low end jobs like professions, something you can do for a career, and they were never meant for that.

it's a way of coddling people to keep them needy on progressives, and not encouraging them to better themselves.

Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps. Or have to live in a camper... I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more. Trickle down doesn't work all that well. But you\re ok so you don't care about others. GO TRUMP!

They are paid so little because their skills set isn't worth much. They can improve their skill set and move on to a better paying position.

By subsidizing them at a low skill level, you remove the incentive to increase skill.

It's you ilk that don't care about them, because you want to coddle them and incentivize them staying at subsistence level.

And in actuality, when you raise pay to a point where a person of low skill no longer provides enough labor to justify the cost, either the business will fire them and hire a more skilled person, or eliminate their position via increasing the workload of others, or automation.
Most do

They are not being exploited, they are being paid for the value of the labor they add.

Those with low skills or who perform menial labor are least capable of negotiating a higher salary

Just because employers can force these workers to accept low wages doesn’t mean we should allow it.

That is why we have a minimum wage

So basically fuck the people who want a nice $40 meal, and those paying $150 for a meal are just fine.

What a fucking bougie douche you are.

Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps.

So instead of supplementing their low income with food stamps, they should get all their money from the government. DURR

I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more.

Multi-generational welfare recipients, great idea!
I bet all you can afford to hire is Messikins. amirite or AMIRITE? :biggrin:

If we boot 20 million illegals, low end wages will rise with no government mandate.

But you wouldn't support that, right?

You are leaving out a large section of New Yorkers on welfare. Because of bad education, broken families, over regulation.

When the prevailing wages do not provide an income where workers can afford rent, food and healthcare, the state has to step up and supplement low wages

More reason to increase minimum wage

If workers never advance in skill beyond what can earn them below $15 an hour, the issue isn't with the system, it's with the person.

That person simply isn't worth $15 an hour, or probably even $10 an hour. But forcing an employer to pay them more than they provide as a value input is a great way to ruin a local economy.

Property is high because of all the regulations you democrats have put on new and resold property
Doesn’t matter

So is the price of labor

Yet, we don’t see restaurants threatening to go out of business every time rent or taxes increase

yet labor is the one you want to artificially inflate.

Most do

Those with low skills or who perform menial labor are least capable of negotiating a higher salary

Just because employers can force these workers to accept low wages doesn’t mean we should allow it.

They also provide the lowest added value.

A "livable wage" is not a minimum wage.

Most do

Yup, that's what low or no skilled workers, in a market flooded by illegals, have to deal with.

Better that their support be 100% welfare, eh? Because 50% is cruel.

I have a WONDERFUL idea-------all people MUST EAT. Just as the government
subsidizes FARMERS (which I support) ----it can also subsidize restaurant costs.
AM I NOT BRILLIANT------feel free to AGREE

Doesn’t matter

So is the price of labor

Funny how 30 grand a year government dog catchers in red states do the same job as 100 grand dog catchers in the blue cities/states.
Still over $15 an hour

It takes what 25 people making $15 bucks an hour to pay that 100 grand a year dog catcher.

Compared to 5 in a red state . Do the math.

Most do

Then why was Walmart and McDonald's paying low skilled labor $16 bucks an hour a few years ago in the dakotas?

Doesn’t matter

So is the price of labor

Still over $15 an hour

It takes what 25 people making $15 bucks an hour to pay that 100 grand a year dog catcher.

Compared to 5 in a red state . Do the math.

Just let the market determine the wage. Government screws up most things it touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps.

So instead of supplementing their low income with food stamps, they should get all their money from the government. DURR

I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more.

Multi-generational welfare recipients, great idea!
I bet all you can afford to hire is Messikins. amirite or AMIRITE? :biggrin:

If we boot 20 million illegals, low end wages will rise with no government mandate.

But you wouldn't support that, right?
On what planet is that going to happen?

Most do

Never said it should provide a livable wage

But it should provide a basic start in life to move on to higher paying jobs
Pay for college, buy a car, move out of your parents house

It used to pay for these things, it no longer does

Most do

Yup, that's what low or no skilled workers, in a market flooded by illegals, have to deal with.

Is it just you or do all hillbillies think that $15/hour is way too much money to make on a job?

Most do

Is it just you or do all hillbillies think that $15/hour is way too much money to make on a job?
If your worth it go ask your boss for a raise.

Most do

But dont ask the government...

The government isn't putting up any money, just setting the standards LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE! :ack-1:

The government isn't putting up any money, just setting the standards LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE! :ack-1:

Unrealistic standards.

Most do

Never said it should provide a livable wage

But it should provide a basic start in life to move on to higher paying jobs
Pay for college, buy a car, move out of your parents house

It used to pay for these things, it no longer does

But that's the whole point from progressives on ballooning the wage to $15 an hour.

The issue isn't the wage, it's what we expect to have when we "go out on our own"

Cable, cell phone, new car, not having to share a living space with someone, all of those are COST increases, not wage increases.

and back then I seriously doubt a person could afford all that on minimum wage.

Forum List

Back