NYC mayor is requiring job applicants to includes photos with their application

Proving that you are who you say you are for voting purposes is not remotely similar to proving your skin color so they can decide if they want to hire you or not.
Do you actually not see the distinction?
I'll bet the "Administration" from the campaign was incompetent for the Office, and they were hiring more incompetent Black people.

eric-adams-headshots-city-job-applicants519.jpg

I read the op, and i'm quoting from the op

[I[Several unnamed city officials told the outlet that the request is clearly an effort to hire more diverse staffers. However, Adams maintains that it will merely help him recognize his employees in the sprawling city workforce.[/I]

Anonymous sources, vs the mayors own words.
"Adams maintains that it will merely help him recognize his employees in the sprawling city workforce."
How many tens of thousands of people (if not more) work for NYC? You actually believe Adams will be studying every employees picture so he can better recognize them?

So he doesn't want to hire the best person for the job, he wants

Absolutely.

"I applied for this position and was turned because of my skin color."

There are laws against racist hiring practices and denying employment based on skin color.

Think about it. If there was no photograph in the personnel file (what the mayor gets to review) there is no proof the mayor even knew the persons ethnicity. Only what they put on the form, like Elizabeth Warren being a native american indian.

How many tens of thousands of people (if not more) work for NYC? You actually believe Adams will be studying every employees picture so he can better recognize them?
We are talking the top tier of NYC government. Those that the mayor would directly deal with. It would be embarrassing for the mayor to think the deputy commissioner walking into his office was the guy delivering starbucks.

So, eventually, we'll probably get to see those pictures.

He’s also asked all department heads to create an org chart “with the faces of my employees” so he can walk into a meeting and put a face to the name.

“Before I walk in, I look over the org chart. I look at their faces so I can walk in and say, “Hello,” he said.

Still does not make sense. Why a picture for applying?

We are talking the top tier of NYC government. Those that the mayor would directly deal with. It would be embarrassing for the mayor to think the deputy commissioner walking into his office was the guy delivering starbucks.
if he has that problem he shouldnt be mayor,,,

You think he's not going to meet these people personally before he hires them?

LOL

And those anonymous sources gave an entirely legitimate reason for wishing to remain anonymous.
How would we know? The reporter was from the infamous anti-democratic newspaper the New York Post.

The New York Post (NY Post) is a conservative[8] daily tabloid newspaper published in New York City.

Accusations of racism

How would we know? The reporter was from the infamous anti-democratic newspaper the New York Post.

The New York Post (NY Post) is a conservative[8] daily tabloid newspaper published in New York City.

Accusations of racism
so you cant debunk the story and now try discrediting the source,,,

your surrender is accepted,,

Forum List

Back