Oabma will only torture Gitmo inmates after sundown during Ramadan

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This makes me feel so much better.

Keep in mind as you read this that the person who is interviewed here was actually ordered released by the courts.

Twice.

The Pentagon has wonderful news for the inmates at Guantanamo who are refusing to eat: It will not infringe on their religious beliefs by force-feeding them during the daylight hours of the upcoming holy month. Their right to decline food will be scrupulously respected until nightfall.
"We understand that observing the daytime fast and taking nothing by mouth or vein is an essential component of Muslim observance of Ramadan," a prison spokesman said. "And for those detainees on hunger strike we will ensure that our preservation of life through enteral feeding does not violate the tenets of their faith."
Come sundown, though, the routine will resume. Let one of the hunger strikers tell us about it: "The process of being force-fed hurts a great deal. ... Sometimes they botch putting the tube in, and tears stream down my cheek. ... They shackle our feet with metal chains and shackle our arms and hands. ... Then they put us in a force-feeding chair and tie us with belts. ...
"I have thrown up myself sometimes because of the feeding. Especially at bedtime, I feel ill and start to throw up. I try to do it when they will not notice -- because if they see me, they will put me in the chair and feed me again."

Yes, I know there are some people who don't think force feeding is torture despite the fact that it is used to torture people all over the world. For the rest of you that want to know what the big deal is, there is a video at the link.

Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) force fed under standard Guantánamo Bay procedure ? video | World news | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back