Obama Addresses VA issue

He offered nothing new or concrete. He made the appearance to pretend he cared. Now he can go on with his fundraising and golf game!

He offered nothing new or concrete. He made the appearance to pretend he cared. Now he can go on with his fundraising and golf game!

not what I wanted to hear. so be it. Anyone who has a better idea---my vote is up for grabs.

oh boy, another meaningless speech I suppose

He should just go attend his fundraisers...Nobody believes or cares what he has to say anymore

He can't even take the time to pronounce, corpsman...he can stop pretending he cares

He should just go attend his fundraisers...Nobody believes or cares what he has to say anymore

He can't even take the time to pronounce, corpsman...he can stop pretending he cares

as said 'we'll see'. Today this is the hill I would choose to die on.

Beyond anger---well beyond anger. And really don't know why others don't feel the same.

I do think there are others who feel the same--perhaps for different reasons. time will tell.

Last edited:
This won't change the minds of any democrats. obama is the hill they have chosen to die on.

Letting Shinseki investigate this, is just about the worst decision that could possibly be made. obama should have done at least, the very minimum, two things. Suspend all bonuses until the investigation is complete and appoint an independent investigator with the power to choose his subordinate team.

As bad as the actions are that led to the delays and deaths, they pale in comparison to the mentality that said that these actions would be acceptable and if discovered would be covered up by the regime, or immune from prosecution by a complicit attorney general. Those are the real transgressions.

This won't change the minds of any democrats. obama is the hill they have chosen to die on.

Letting Shinseki investigate this, is just about the worst decision that could possibly be made. obama should have done at least, the very minimum, two things. Suspend all bonuses until the investigation is complete and appoint an independent investigator with the power to choose his subordinate team.

As bad as the actions are that led to the delays and deaths, they pale in comparison to the mentality that said that these actions would be acceptable and if discovered would be covered up by the regime, or immune from prosecution by a complicit attorney general. Those are the real transgressions.

I will decide--Nov 2016. Maybe on this one issue. all I am saying.

I tried to keep 'an open mind'--I did. Cannot live with myself if heaven and earth are not moved to fix this. all I know.

Jan 2011 - VA Hospital Pittsburgh Pa. 30 Vets contract Legionnaires Disease - 5 die in the Hospiatal for a lack of proper treatments - Managers take large $9 to $90 thousand bonuses. Records are shredded managers join the conspiracy of liars in the VA -

This was reported to the news for nothing. White House stonewalled and Obama did his usual nothing.

Jan 2011 - VA Hospital Pittsburgh Pa. 30 Vets contract Legionnaires Disease - 5 die in the Hospiatal for a lack of proper treatments - Managers take large $9 to $90 thousand bonuses. Records are shredded managers join the conspiracy of liars in the VA -

This was reported to the news for nothing. White House stonewalled and Obama did his usual nothing.

I've been hearing things like that.

and--He was told before he was elected that there were serious issues.

ok---That is more than enough time to have gotten down to business.

and they say--'The VA is so big---difficult to manage'---I am hearing all of this.

and it comes back to ---Get it Fixed. Don't wait one more day.

might as well post everything related to the VA crisis here--so we can get the full picture. Senseless to rely on 'others' to tell the whole truth. I live 10 minutes away from the Atlanta VA--fwiw. Should know a lot more but I don't.

Atlanta VA ranks 5th nationally for death-related payouts | www.wsbtv.com

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/atlanta-va/

What would it take ? A grass roots movement--every person who has ever served, known/cared about someone who has served---anyone who gives the proverbial 'damn'? Grass roots movements have proven successful ---maybe that is what is needed?

or hang our heads in shame---never make another speech to say 'I care' --if nothing is going to be done?

Last edited:
This was the nail in the coffin. The Obama Administration has angered too many people to be helpful to a Democratic presidential candidate in 2016. By then, we will have a Republican House and Senate, complete with a Republican president.

This was the nail in the coffin. The Obama Administration has angered too many people to be helpful to a Democratic presidential candidate in 2016. By then, we will have a Republican House and Senate, complete with a Republican president.

I almost don't dare to dream--but I hope so. I really hope so.

Hillary would be smart to stay out of it. Let Joe Biden have a chance. lol--Not POTUS material. and he would have considerable baggage.

I think things like that. Been thinking for a long time. Sometimes you have to. Reading comments that I don't understand and/or those that enrage me--I have been thinking.

Clear enough now--clear enough. Plenty of African American soldiers are being treated badly---and many others. Beyond any other issues.

Obama is interested now because it's in the headlines..That's when he finds out about stuff....
It will blow over and he will move on to something else.Or just move on.

They fired a guy who announced his retirement 6 months ago! That's gonna send shock waves through the VA!

We need to get rid of Obama's advisors, since he finds out whats going on in the world, on the news. When we find out about whats going on. I wonder if he found out about bin Laden's death on the 10 o clock news?

We need to get rid of Obama's advisors, since he finds out whats going on in the world, on the news. When we find out about whats going on. I wonder if he found out about bin Laden's death on the 10 o clock news?

It is really something, isn't it?

To me--that is the height of arrogance---'Oh, that--yeah, I have other things to do--heard about it on the news?'

I think it was Lindsey Graham--he didn't mince words--'This is a management problem'---he was speaking about whether Shinseki should be fired--he thought so. Shinseki serves at the pleasure of the POTUS--all that. Obama has called for an investigation--wants to wait and read the report---which is 'fine'--if he has the time. blah--blah-blah--They trace the VA problems back to Kennedy or further--of course focusing on Bush.

And so many more veterans now....All the reasons.

I know there are people on this board that have little regard for Neal Boortz--I don't always agree with him, myself---I now fully understand why he said from the start--'I will never address him as 'Mr. President'.

disgusting.

as said 'we'll see'. Today this is the hill I would choose to die on.

Beyond anger---well beyond anger. And really don't know why others don't feel the same.

I do think there are others who feel the same--perhaps for different reasons. time will tell.

you really shouldnt feel angry about it

the situation at the va is typical of the situation you see in any government

run health care

actually many on the left are begging for this sort of treatment

Forum List

Back