Obama admin to Boston Herald: You're not allowed access because of a story you wrote

But Bush did it first! Waah!

Actually all presidents have likely done it.

examples please?

Didn't Helen Tomas get moved to the back of the bus and have to wait three years before being called upon by Bush again at a presser after she said she was covering the worst President in history?

Yeah, I know...anti-semite but there's your Bush example.

no, if I recall correctly, he just didn't call on her first after a year or so of idiocy, where even her own peers thought was stupid and annoying, she still had a front row seat.

you might be thinking of Obama who 'removed' 3 pressers from his campaign plane due to 'space issues" and all of them just coincidentally were not 'friendly to him....

examples please?

Didn't Helen Tomas get moved to the back of the bus and have to wait three years before being called upon by Bush again at a presser after she said she was covering the worst President in history?

no, if I recall correctly, he just didn't call on her first after a year or so of idiocy, where even her own peers thought was stupid and annoying, she still had a front row seat.

you might be thinking of Obama who 'removed' 3 pressers from his campaign plane due to 'space issues" and all of them just coincidentally were not 'friendly to him....

Yeah, you are misremembering things.

Ms. Magazine | Thank You Ms. Thomas

Helen Thomas - Campus Progress

is the white house obligated to give them access to a fund raiser? the herald showed they weren't that interested in covering the president. fine. let someone else do it then.

Is the president elected by the public?
Is this an event that he is spending public dollars to attend?
Do we still have Freedom of the Press in the USA?

Ok to answer your question, Yes, I feel that the white house is obligated to not discriminate against reporters based on their political leanings.

But Bush did it first! Waah!

Actually all presidents have likely done it.

examples please?

But was she still allowed in? ;)

And pointing to bad behavior by bush doesn't justify bad behavior by obama.

how so?

examples please?

He asked for examples........

She was moved to the back row, stripped of her tradional role of saying "Thank you, Mr. President" at the end of pressers, and not called upon for three years. For what? Saying bad things about Bush.

And in terms of media access a fund raiser =/= white house pressers......by any stretch.

how so?

Read the links. You are wrong on her seat and the number of years between questions.

She was moved to the back row, stripped of her tradional role of saying "Thank you, Mr. President" at the end of pressers, and not called upon for three years. For what? Saying bad things about Bush.

And in terms of media access a fund raiser =/= white house pressers......by any stretch.

So then why even use the example yourself?

She was never barred from attending, you picked a poor example to compare to the story, and you were wrong trying to justify what the obama admin's decision was by pointing to the bush admin.

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”
The criteria for "fair" being, of course, "how much they kiss Obama's ass".

The White House is full of petulant children. :cool:

Indeed. This is similar to the attacks of Fox because it doesn't promote the Obama Memes supported by ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCNYT et al.

The White House Press Office has refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser today, in e-mails objecting to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed, saying pool reporters are chosen based on whether they cover the news “fairly.”

And has been for most of it's existence.

Indeed. This is similar to the attacks of Fox because it doesn't promote the Obama Memes supported by ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCNYT et al.

you forgot Soros Inc. Mediamatters, huffpost, ect ect ect ;)

After all that is where those guys you listed source their "news" from

Obama will stoop to anything to make his point. We need a real American for President, someone with the ideals that make this country great. I don't know if we can find this person or not.

Umm balls not ideals is what is needed.
And congress has a bit to do with how things run too don't ya think?

And has been for most of it's existence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPgr94VYA4]YouTube - All of Teal'c's Indeeds (New and Updated Version)[/ame]

She was never barred from attending, you picked a poor example to compare to the story, and you were wrong trying to justify what the obama admin's decision was by pointing to the bush admin.

Please.

1. He asked for examples and got one.

2. My example is right spot on ... reprisal towards the media for negative reporting. You are spinning your ass off to say otherwise.

I repeat:

And you crying about the Herald not being allowed into a fund raiser.

Gimme a break.

Please.

2. My example is right spot on ... reprisal towards the media for negative reporting. You are spinning your ass off to say otherwise.

I repeat:

Gimme a break.

no hon, first things first; you realize you are basically foisting a Strawman here right?

read the OP, I asked for an example, based on the comment Bush did it or they all did it.. ….Whatever US citizen said,…..you mentioned helen thomas, did she lose her credentials or access?

Please.

I repeat:

Gimme a break.

no hon, first things first; you realize you are basically foisting a Strawman here right?

read the OP, I asked for an example, based on the comment Bush did it or they all did it.. ….Whatever US citizen said,…..you mentioned helen thomas, did she lose her credentials or access?

Yes, she lost access for THREE YEARS ... up until then she was given the opportunity to ask a question at every presser. And she was moved from the front to the back row.

She was also stripped of the privilege of ending every presser.

This silly "b-but it wasn't exactly what the Obama admin did so it doesn't count" is a bunch hooey.

Please.

I repeat:

Gimme a break.

Yes, she lost access for THREE YEARS ... up until then she was given the opportunity to ask a question at every presser. And she was moved from the front to the back row.

This silly "b-but it wasn't exactly what the Obama admin did so it doesn't count" is a bunch hooey.

you may want to look up the word *access*.

Please.

I repeat:

Gimme a break.

Access define access - Bing DICTIONARY

Forum List

Back