Obama Administration Slam Israel Over Settlements

They ought to butt out. It has nothing to do with them where a sovereign country can build or not build.

he has no room to tell anyone anything!
wasnt he trying to give greece pointers on their economy? LOL

They ought to butt out. It has nothing to do with them where a sovereign country can build or not build.

If I were the Israeli PM, I would stop taking the 3 billion dollars-a-year from America, so that I would be able to really call my country sovereign.
I totally agree. But I think it's more of a symbolic thing at this point. Everybody knows Israel hasn't had the need for the 3 billion a year for at least decades.

I am watching live coverage now of the flight and reception party of a new flight of Americans who are emigrating to Israel now. They are going to need homes. Israel needs to carry on building.

Catch live coverage now, if you can.

Live Video: The Soon-to-be IDF Soldiers Arrive - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

It's beautiful thing:cool:

Lucky olim, to take the plunge and go there, and what an amazing welcome for them. I often watch these live coverages on that site. It is almost like being there. 125 people on that flight are going straight into the military.

I am watching live coverage now of the flight and reception party of a new flight of Americans who are emigrating to Israel now. They are going to need homes. Israel needs to carry on building.

Live Video: The Soon-to-be IDF Soldiers Arrive - Jewish World - News - Israel National News
Then I assume you'll agree with those of us who favor the U.S. terminating its so-called alliance with Israel and minding its own business.

Then I assume you'll agree with those of us who favor the U.S. terminating its so-called alliance with Israel and minding its own business.

What in her post would make you assume that?

It's beautiful thing:cool:
Sure is. :clap:

Brilliant, you saw it too. I think those live coverages are amazing. There may be some repeat or highlights on the NbN website. I think I will watch it again. It is almost like being in the baggage reclaim hall myself!

The settlements are illegal under international law. The entire international community accepts this.

Israel can hire all the shyster lawyers it wants, but nothing will change this truth.

The settlements are illegal, Israel's own government said much of them were built on "stolen" land.

In February 2008, the Civil Administration stated that the land on which more than a third of West Bank settlements was built had been expropriated by the IDF for "security purposes."[128] The unauthorized seizure of private Palestinian land was defined by the Civil Administration itself as 'theft.'[129] According to B'Tselem, more than 42 percent of the West Bank are under control of the Israeli settlements, 21 percent of which was seized from private Palestinian owners, much of it in violation of the 1979 Israeli Supreme Court decision.[60]

Why should we not remain friends? Dissolving alliances is NOT something that any nation does lightly.

Mike, you seem a most intemperate individual - you were also eager to institute punitive revocation of citizenship against Americans for merely enlisting in other nations' armed forces. I don't recall you even citing a legal principle for that, either. And now you take it upon yourself to describe our alliance with Israel as 'so-called' despite the fact that there are treaties signed, binding under that 'international law' you claim to so respect. That kind of silly nonsense just undermines any credibility on has: it's so arrogant it's bathetic (not a typo there).

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from expressing their opinions - but I felt I should explain to you just why I'm underimpressed with yours.

Last edited:

If I were the Israeli PM, I would stop taking the 3 billion dollars-a-year from America, so that I would be able to really call my country sovereign.

I think most people would agree with that.

It's difficult to swallow Israel's claim to be a genuinely first-world nation when it receives more handouts than almost any sub-Saharan nation.

Who needs the money more - Israel or Burkina Faso?

I think most people would agree with that.

It's difficult to swallow Israel's claim to be a genuinely first-world nation when it receives more handouts than almost any sub-Saharan nation.

Who needs the money more - Israel or Burkina Faso?

Umm...Israel spends most of that money here in the U.S. Egypt gets plenty of money too Israel gave up a lot for that "peace deal" and the haters want them to keep giving. the bottom line is Israel isn't the problem. Jews are just a scapegoat the way we've always been throughout our history..Should Israel eventually give up that aid sure and they will there is a problem with all these haters boycotting Israeli made products but eventually they'll give it up. I also think Europe and Japan should pay for their own defense.

Forum List

Back