Obama admits defeat after Supreme Court shoots down his amnesty for illegals

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I'm glad the court did this but it's not really their place. Congress should have stopped this traitorous tranny in our WH. We can't let the whole world dump their poor on us. Anyway, obama says there's nothing else he can do.

Obama: I Canā€™t Take Additional Executive Action on Immigration

june 23 2016 President Obama said during a press conference Thursday that he can no longer take additional executive actions on immigration for the remainder of his presidency, appearing to admit defeat shortly after the Supreme Court blocked his 2014 plan to prevent millions of illegal immigrants from being deported and give them work permits instead.

ā€œOn the specifics of immigration, I donā€™t anticipate that there are additional executive actions we can take,ā€ Obama told reporters at the White House. ā€œWe can implement what weā€™ve already put in place that is not affected by this decision, but we have to follow now what has been ruled on in the Fifth Circuit [Court of Appeals] because the Supreme Court could not resolve the issue.ā€

Obama was referring to the Supreme Courtā€™s decision on Thursday that halted the presidentā€˜s executive order that bypassed Congress. The court was deadlocked with a 4-4 vote, which means that the judgment of the lower court, which blocked the presidentā€™s action, ā€œis affirmed by an equally divided Court.ā€

I'm glad the court did this but it's not really their place. Congress should have stopped this traitorous tranny in our WH. We can't let the whole world dump their poor on us. Anyway, obama says there's nothing else he can do.

june 23 2016 President Obama said during a press conference Thursday that he can no longer take additional executive actions on immigration for the remainder of his presidency, appearing to admit defeat shortly after the Supreme Court blocked his 2014 plan to prevent millions of illegal immigrants from being deported and give them work permits instead.

ā€œOn the specifics of immigration, I donā€™t anticipate that there are additional executive actions we can take,ā€ Obama told reporters at the White House. ā€œWe can implement what weā€™ve already put in place that is not affected by this decision, but we have to follow now what has been ruled on in the Fifth Circuit [Court of Appeals] because the Supreme Court could not resolve the issue.ā€

Obama was referring to the Supreme Courtā€™s decision on Thursday that halted the presidentā€˜s executive order that bypassed Congress. The court was deadlocked with a 4-4 vote, which means that the judgment of the lower court, which blocked the presidentā€™s action, ā€œis affirmed by an equally divided Court.ā€
We can't let the whole world dump their poor on us.
i hear ya but, you had better change what it says at the statue of liberty.....ill keep watch you go and change it....

i hear ya but, you had better change what it says at the statue of liberty.....ill keep watch you go and change it....

What is says on the Statue of Liberty has no force of law, but is merely a sentiment of the potential of the time it was written.

Times have changed. So must we.

ok----it's ok ----Mr. Obama came out of it as MR. NICE GUY....
I do not believe that Mr Trump is going to send out mexi-
catchers with nets to capture Mexicans and jettison
them across the border. He is probably going to stem
the TIDE

Sooo... there is a line he won't cross. I, for one, am actually surprised to hear he said that. No more executive action on immigration, there is a God. :thewave:

The asshole knew it was unconstitutional from the start and he intentionally broke the law knowing he would have a couple years to implement his unlawful plan before the courts could stop him. That's what a unlawful thug looks like people.

The asshole knew it was unconstitutional from the start and he intentionally broke the law knowing he would have a couple years to implement his unlawful plan before the courts could stop him. That's what a unlawful thug looks like people.

House Republicans, led by Speaker John Boehner, caved in to Democrat demands and passed a ā€œcleanā€ funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security on Tuesday.
The bill includes funding for Obamaā€™s executive amnesty actions, a sticking point for conservatives.

The legislation provides funding for Obamaā€™s move to shield about 5 million illegals from deportation.

Boehner and the Republicans who passed the bill picked the same day as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahuā€™s address before Congress ā€” perhaps using it as cover to push the bill through with less major media attention.

The New York Daily News reported that Boehner addressed Republicans and told them that the immigration issue in the hands of the courts and Congress should ā€œmove on with other business.ā€

The News, however, summed up the conservative argument succinctly.

Many conservatives have long argued that allowing Obamaā€™s amnesty order to be funded means the presidentā€™s program will continue, despite what the courts may rule, as the administration has previously shown its willingness to defy or bypass court orders.

And once amnesty is in place, critics contend, non-citizens falling under its protections could well be put on a path to the voting booth that would give their Democrat enablers a virtual lock on national political power.

Can there be a quicker way to ā€œfundamentally transform Americaā€ than to create a virtual one-party system by flooding the country with new, Democrat, voters?

The 74 Republicans who joined Boehner to vote with the Dems were:
1. Benishek
2. Bishop (Mich.)
3. Boehner
4. Bost
5. Brooks (Ind.)
6. Buchanan
7. Calvert
8. Carter (Texas)
9. Coffman
10. Cole
11. Collins (N.Y.)
12. Comstock
13. Costello (Pa.)
14. Curbelo (Fla.)
15. Davis, Rodney
16. Denham
17. Dent
18. Diaz-Balart
19. Dold
20. Ellmers (N.C.)
21. Emmer (Minn.)
22. Fitzpatrick
23. Frelinghuysen
24. Gibson
25. Granger
26. Guinta
27. Hanna
28. Hardy
29. Heck (Nev.)
30. Hurd (Texas)
31. Jolly
32. Katko
33. King (N.Y.)
34. Kinzinger (Ill.)
35. Kline
36. Knight
37. Lance
38. LoBiondo
39. MacArthur
40. McCarthy
41. McCaul
42. McHenry
43. McMorris Rogers
44. McSally
45. Meehan
46. Miller (Mich.)
47. Moolenaar
48. Murphy (Pa.)
49. Noem
50. Nunes
51. Paulsen
52. Pittenger
53. Pitts
54. Poliquin
55. Reichert
56. Rogers (Ky.)
57. Ros-Lehtinen
58. Royce
59. Ryan (Wis.)
60. Scalise
61. Schock
62. Shimkus
63. Simpson
64. Smith (N.J.)
65. Stefanik
66. Stivers
67. Thompson (Pa.)
68. Tiberi
69. Trott
70. Turner
71. Upton
72. Valadao
73. Walden
74. Walters, Mimi
75. Young (Ind.)

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/03/04/the-75-republicans-who-voted-to-fund-obamas-amnesty-remember-these-names-184000#ixzz4CR5aPSAj

So, Obama, the constitutional professor, got schooled today on the seperation of powers.............:rock:.

What is says on the Statue of Liberty has no force of law, but is merely a sentiment of the potential of the time it was written.

Times have changed. So must we.
then change it....otherwise its false advertising.....

House Republicans, led by Speaker John Boehner, caved in to Democrat demands and passed a ā€œcleanā€ funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security on Tuesday.
The bill includes funding for Obamaā€™s executive amnesty actions, a sticking point for conservatives.

The legislation provides funding for Obamaā€™s move to shield about 5 million illegals from deportation.

Sad but true. Both parties are taking corporate bribes to support illegals!!

Forum List

Back