Obama coming to get your retirement account!

I wonder if anyone kept a list of all the evil things Obama is going to do? The real question is there any evil deed Obama is not going to do?

Even liberals have retirement accounts...wait until Obama policies figure out a way to get a hold of them for "borrowing" or "taxing creatively" so as to grow government entitlements...

The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is weighing whether it should take on a role in helping Americans manage the $19.4 trillion they have put into retirement savings, a move that would be the agency’s first foray into consumer investments.

“That’s one of the things we’ve been exploring and are interested in in terms of whether and what authority we have,” bureau director Richard Cordray said in an interview. He didn’t provide additional details.

Americans have managed to sock away $19.4 trillion and the bureaucrats think they "need help"? The same bureaucrats that have us $16 trillion in the hole?

And Richard Cordray? You mean the unelected, unConstitutionally appointed Obama-slurper? The guy with an unlimited budget and NO Congressional oversight?

It would be funny if it wasn't so frightening...

It'll happen. Now the liberal sheep will come along and make fun of us for believing it but it's the same thing they did about the "death panels" so no big deal. Almost everything that conservatives predict about the left comes true.

It will happen.

Before you work yourselves up into a lather, remember it was some of those same investment firms who bilked Stockton, CA and other cities with phony, inflated "investment" opportunities.

Or, perhaps you just favor letting big banks and investment firms steal everything they can without hinderance?

The left might still believe that Obamacare will reduce medical and insurance costs, so it's hard to talk to them sometimes.

I have no doubt that the liberals in Washington are drooling over the trillions sitting in private accounts. They have never been able to keep their grubby hands off any money, like social security.

I would expect to start hearing how people will lose their retirement accounts if they leave it up to the private sector. The government will need to ensure that our money is safe by taking over those accounts, for our own good. After they use all the money they want, they'll eventually suggest that they will dole it out a little each month to people. After all, you can't trust people with large sums of money. Then, people who never started a retirement account will be included when the money is doled out. It's only fair.

It was liberals who started income tax. It is usually liberals who increase income tax. It was liberals who started social security and promised to keep it in a lock box, not tax it, only take a small percent of income and that the program was voluntary. It was liberals who made it mandatory, started taxing it, decided to take bigger and bigger percents from everyone's income and they broke the lock box.

Liberals cannot stay away from large sums of money and they find ways to get it. This will be no different.

Before you work yourselves up into a lather, remember it was some of those same investment firms who bilked Stockton, CA and other cities with phony, inflated "investment" opportunities.

Or, perhaps you just favor letting big banks and investment firms steal everything they can without hinderance?

My broker isn't stealing anything. They have made me some good money over the years. I'd trust Bernie Madoff before I'd trust the morons and thieves in Washington.

DEVELOPING: Obama to Come After the $19.4 Trillion in American's Retirement Accounts?
Retirement Savings Accounts Draw U.S. Consumer Bureau Attention - Bloomberg

Either you didn't read your own link, or you have the reading comprehension of a trout.

I read it...only I didn't do so with rose colored glasses- that's your purview.

You can't argue with people who still believe that Obamacare will reduce costs, the economy has improved, Benghazi is a non-story, the government really does want to help us and the left doesn't want to redistribute all the money.

The left might still believe that Obamacare will reduce medical and insurance costs, so it's hard to talk to them sometimes.
I have no doubt that the liberals in Washington are drooling over the trillions sitting in private accounts. They have never been able to keep their grubby hands off any money, like social security.

I would expect to start hearing how people will lose their retirement accounts if they leave it up to the private sector. The government will need to ensure that our money is safe by taking over those accounts, for our own good. After they use all the money they want, they'll eventually suggest that they will dole it out a little each month to people. After all, you can't trust people with large sums of money. Then, people who never started a retirement account will be included when the money is doled out. It's only fair.

It was liberals who started income tax. It is usually liberals who increase income tax. It was liberals who started social security and promised to keep it in a lock box, not tax it, only take a small percent of income and that the program was voluntary. It was liberals who made it mandatory, started taxing it, decided to take bigger and bigger percents from everyone's income and they broke the lock box.

Liberals cannot stay away from large sums of money and they find ways to get it. This will be no different.

Most lefties, especially here, could end up living in cardboard boxes, burning worthless dollar bills for warmth, and they'd STILL claim that obama is fixing things.

This sounds like the usual argument for letting government take control of money.

Either you didn't read your own link, or you have the reading comprehension of a trout.

I read it...only I didn't do so with rose colored glasses- that's your purview.

You can't argue with people who still believe that Obamacare will reduce costs, the economy has improved, Benghazi is a non-story, the government really does want to help us and the left doesn't want to redistribute all the money.

....and "Obamacare isn't a tax" and there "aren't any Death Panels!"

It'll happen. Now the liberal sheep will come along and make fun of us for believing it but it's the same thing they did about the "death panels" so no big deal. Almost everything that conservatives predict about the left comes true.

It will happen.

sure...ask President Romney

DEVELOPING: Obama to Come After the $19.4 Trillion in American's Retirement Accounts?
Retirement Savings Accounts Draw U.S. Consumer Bureau Attention - Bloomberg

One suspects Wall Street's thinking is "How did the Bush League miss this?"

That the shysters didn't get this before the Bush League were run out of town probably means no redemption; Hank Paulsen and Junebug Bush are probably banned from Wall Street functions for life.

No surprise Obama's puffer, Widdle Timidfey Geithner wasn't smart enough to get the government's hands on it. When it comes to the big leagues, Geithner can barely commit malfeasance and chew gum at the same time- although he is reportedly in a league of his own under the table.

It will happen.

sure...ask President Romney
A stupid answer from...well....someone...go buy a brain idiot.

You've sold yours already...likely to buy crack. 332-206 bitch. :razz::razz::eusa_drool::eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back