Did this dummy who said:"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” consider this when he "guaranteed" the following?

And this is the way things will evolve, regardless of what politician stands up and says what. But I'm sorry, fossil fuel companies have bitterly resisted the call to reduce CO2 emissions..and won't unless compelled to. There is no "working with them" to try that. They won't. End of story. There is no future for the planet with fossil fuels. Biden's ham handed statement is just another cattle prod..with very little in the way of electricity behind it. But technology will foster the advancements in green energy and eventually make them cost and delivery efficient. That's the way things evolve. If left strictly to the fossil fuel companies, it would be business as usual. Will it happen overnight and meet every stated end date? No. But it will happen. And the environment will be better off for it.
So why haven't we heard rather the bitter opposition to fossil fuels, the efforts by fossil fuels to reduce CO2 emissions like these two technologies?

Have you heard about ExxonMobil the global leader in carbon capture and storage​

What is carbon capture and storage (CCS)? It’s capturing CO2 that otherwise would be released into the atmosphere, and injecting it into geologic formations deep underground for safe, secure and permanent storage. It’s a readily available technology that can significantly reduce emissions from sectors like refining, chemicals, cement, steel and power generation.

Plant a tree

A tree is capable of eliminating between 330 and 7,700 pounds of CO2 throughout its life cycle, making it an accessible and affordable way of offsetting greenhouse gas emissions. Thus, reforestation is an accessible and economical way to contribute to offsetting greenhouse gas emissions.

So why the big effort for EVs when the above two methods have historically worked?

The movement towards electric cars makes sense for urban areas at this time to counter pollution. I would imagine major cities will be restricting gasoline sales in 15 to 20 years because of pollution caused by traffic congestion due to the lack of enthusiasm for public transit. Hopefully legislatures will see laws for say Phoenix and Tucson, aren't necessary in all parts of the state.

So why haven't we heard rather the bitter opposition to fossil fuels, the efforts by fossil fuels to reduce CO2 emissions like these two technologies?

Have you heard about ExxonMobil the global leader in carbon capture and storage​

What is carbon capture and storage (CCS)? It’s capturing CO2 that otherwise would be released into the atmosphere, and injecting it into geologic formations deep underground for safe, secure and permanent storage. It’s a readily available technology that can significantly reduce emissions from sectors like refining, chemicals, cement, steel and power generation.

Plant a tree

A tree is capable of eliminating between 330 and 7,700 pounds of CO2 throughout its life cycle, making it an accessible and affordable way of offsetting greenhouse gas emissions. Thus, reforestation is an accessible and economical way to contribute to offsetting greenhouse gas emissions.

So why the big effort for EVs when the above two methods have historically worked?
I've heard of Carbon Capture and Storage. But it has issues. Primarily, the cost. If you go to EM website link you provided, you'll see the problems jump right out at you on the page.

You should always plant trees. Paper product companies have been doing this for decades. :)
Issue becomes when you remove trees at a faster rate than you replace them and they can grow enough to serve as a cleaner.

Electric vehicles are just the next evolutionary step.
Personally, I'm gonna wait for my Mr Fusion.

IMG_5523.jpeg

And right on cue the moment fossil Biden entered the White House, pump prices began a massive price increase.
Coincidence? I sure the hell don't believe so. I think oil producers more than ever could see their future was NOT bright, and began to maximize their profits during the time they have left to operate.
You are 100% right. Here is a statement made by
The CEO of Chevron, Mike Wirth's said...""You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”

Question JOE... what will happen to your guarantee to :
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So why did Hertz do the following if Joe guarantees to get rid of "fossil fuels", i.e. GASOLINE?

Hertz Global Holdings Inc. plans to sell a third of its US electric vehicle fleet and reinvest in gas-powered cars due to weak demand and high repair costs for its battery-powered options.
The sales of 20,000 EVs began last month and will continue over the course of 2024, the rental giant said Thursday in a regulatory filing. Hertz will record a non-cash charge in its fourth-quarter results of about $245 million related to incremental net depreciation expense.

The dramatic about-face, after Hertz announced plans in 2021 to buy 100,000 Tesla Inc. vehicles, underscores the waning demand for all-electric cars in the US. EV sales growth slowed sharply over the course of 2023, rising just 1.3% in the final quarter as consumers were put off by high costs and interest rates.

Forum List

Back