Obama Defends free speech on Campus

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

"I've heard of some college campuses where they don't want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative or they don't want to read a book if it has language that is offensive to African-Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal toward women," Obama said. "I've got to tell you, I don't agree with that, either. I don't agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view."

I have to give credit where credit is due, he is on the right side of this argument.

Dammit, forgot link.

Obama defends free speech in comments on campus protests

Last edited:

"I've heard of some college campuses where they don't want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative or they don't want to read a book if it has language that is offensive to African-Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal toward women," Obama said. "I've got to tell you, I don't agree with that, either. I don't agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view."

I have to give credit where credit is due, he is on the right side of this argument.
yes but is it genuine?

We need to keep the US that way. Everyone should be able to have and voice an opinion without fear of government repercussion. Now some wackos may take offense and go off their rocker, but that is the price of having freedom of speech.

yes but is it genuine?

I tend to think yes, he could have scored some easy points with the neo-fascists who like this tactics, but a lot of old school 60's progressives are starting to realize the monster they created with this whole Social Justice crap.

yes but is it genuine?

I tend to agree with Marty. It would have actually been easier to take the PC route, and score some points with his far left base. Hopefully we see more of this as his term nears it's end, given that he has no reason to pander to the PC extremists in his party. In my opinion, I don't think he cares how it effects Hillary's campaign. They never liked each other anyway.

You guys make good points.
However, when you consider the way he acts towards POVs and criticism, one would think he is full of shit.

However, when you consider the way he acts towards POVs and criticism, one would think he is full of shit.

Well, of course. We all have a different opinion about criticism when it's aimed at us. :thup:

Dammit, forgot link.

Bravo, good for him.

the only reasons you guys are surprised that a liberal would have a liberal viewpoint is because you've been so caught up in your own bullshit rhetoric about political correctness.

I don't usually trust him either, but I have a feeling he sides more with the old school progressives than the new crop, and the old school progressives can't stand the SJW's either.

Dammit, forgot link.

Obozo has been right once in 7 years by my count.

Either way, these little bed wetters in the colleges are his zealots. Lefturd minions have created these kids to be little fascist tyrants. I will be surprised if the meat muppet's little speech will even be acknowledged by the bed wetters, because they shut out information that makes their pussy's hurt.

the professor at yale who stood up for halloween costumes was a LIBERAL...

decisions to censure the likes of duck dude, paula deen, et al is MARKETING..

the only reasons you guys are surprised that a liberal would have a liberal viewpoint is because you've been so caught up in your own bullshit rhetoric about political correctness.

Most "liberals" today are not classical liberals, but progressive statists.

the professor at yale who stood up for halloween costumes was a LIBERAL...

No dispute on that, but it took the SJW types trying to eat their own to snap progressives out of their slumber on this issue.

Try explaining free speech to BRAIN WASHED heads full of mush, that the liberal elite have chosen to turn into ZOMBIES!

2Qm60xu.jpg

Forum List

Back