Obama expands reading program – in Kenya

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Obama expands reading program – in Kenya
WND ^ | May 12, 2013 | Steve Peacock

Corruption determined to not be an obstacle to taxpayer money

Millions of children will be targeted to improve their reading skills over the next five years under a new Obama administration literacy program in nearly 30,000 public and private primary schools.

But the schools are not in the U.S., they’re in the Republic of Kenya.

The tentatively titled Kenya Early Grade Reading Project, or KEGRP, seeks to implement national curriculum standards, deploy more than 1,000 trainers to assist tens of thousands teachers and improve the ratio of textbooks to students. The Obama administration didn’t reveal the cost of the program.
Obama expands reading program ? in Kenya!

I am tired of sending U.S. Tax Dollars overseas to these shithole countries.

I don't care who is in office, there is no authorization in the Constitution for this kind of spending.

And yes, I was just as pissed when President Bush spent money on Aids in Africa.

• Banned
I am tired of sending U.S. Tax Dollars overseas to these shithole countries.

I don't care who is in office, there is no authorization in the Constitution for this kind of spending.

And yes, I was just as pissed when President Bush spent money on Aids in Africa.

Really it's a sad waste of money...Really, just like within our inner-cities these people need to clean up their own mess.

We need to stop giving a shit.

Last edited:
a it's sad waste of money.

Why is a waste of money to help children learn to read?

The more children achieve an education in life, the better able they will be to drive Kenya into the future.

Kenya is an English-speaking, western-oriented nation, and thus a natural ally for the west. It is also strategically located next to Somalia, thus forming something of a potential bulwark against Islam and instability.

We can't afford to be the world's nanny, mother, father, teacher, nurse, doctor, or policeman anymore.

Stop sending this money overseas.

The more children achieve an education in life, the better able they will be to drive Kenya into the future.

Kenya is an English-speaking, western-oriented nation, and thus a natural ally for the west. It is also strategically located next to Somalia, thus forming something of a potential bulwark against Islam and instability.

Let private charities handle it. Not tax dollars.

We can't afford to be the world's nanny, mother, father, teacher, nurse, doctor, or policeman anymore.

Stop sending this money overseas.

That really is such a terrible red herring - no one wants you to play any such role.

All the US has ever been asked to do is to play a part commensurate with your GDP, as other nations do.

It will cost money now but will more than likely result in benefits/payoffs down the road. Consider it an investment. What good is an Africa that cannot read? If the people are illiterate, the relationship will be very basic. However, with an education, they have the potential to develop into stable and capable trade partners in the future. And Kenya is certainly a good place to start.

It will cost money now but will more than likely result in benefits/payoffs down the road. Consider it an investment. What good is an Africa that cannot read? If the people are illiterate, the relationship will be very basic. However, with an education, they have the potential to develop into stable and capable trade partners in the future. And Kenya is certainly a good place to start.

Very well put.

A lot of aid money is totally wasted and I share everyone's frustration with that - but a lot of aid money is also an excellent long-term investment. Investing in education now may mean being asked to spend less in disaster relief and humantarian aid 20 years from now.

If posters here want to send less money in aid, then buy more African products and invest more in African shares. It's what real conservatives would do.

Then send your OWN money.

Let private charities handle it. Not tax dollars.

Yes! Let private charities....funded by TAX BREAKS and bolstered by TAX EXEMPT STATUS handle it! Der de der der der!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back