Obama has an epiphany. Finally admits we are at war.

No, cmike, no. Bush did not do enough obviously, or Afghanistan would have been on the road to prosperity and it would have been peaceful.

It was not when Obama came to office. He took the time to review GWB's policies to understand Bush's mistakes and take the steps to correc them.

The sad thing is that Bush threw away early success in Afghanistan in March 2003.

:cuckoo:

Earth to Jake, Earth to Jake do you real over.

Let's go over what we have learned class (speaking to the two left wing morons who have no clue)

1) Pres. Bush's surge in Iraq was working. The Taliban were on the run. I quoted the general on the ground who stated this. There were more casualties, because there was more fighting. There was more fighting because the taliban were more desperate, and there were more of the veterens fighting.

Although casualties are always unfortunate, they occur during war and battles.

2) Obama, despite blabbering of how only Afghanistan matters in the war against terrorism, let things decline. Troops became less due to attrition.

For the liberals who probably don't understand what attrition means Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

It got so bad that the commander on the ground wrote a letter pleading to Oama for more troops. The commander wrote that if he doesn't get them soon the war in Afghanistan will fail.

Instead of Obama, giving a timely answer he was dicking around for four months. I guess all those cocktail parties, expensive vacations, and jetting takes up a lot of time. Obama should never have let it got to the point where the commander had to write such a letter.

Obama should have given a timely response and not waited for four months.

Yes, Obama finally responded to the commanders plea :clap2:

How many Al Qaida terrorists got away because of Obama's dicking around? We'll never know. Actually we'll find out in the next attack in america.

And Liability gives proof that Curved Light is right and that my comments about Liability being a liability is the stone cold truth.

Not only are these people morons.

Not only do they have any idea how to have an intelligent discussion

Not only can they not bring any facts that are not twisted to back up their nonsense

They are arrogant fuckers.

I got news for you and Curve, you have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about.

You both suck as debaters.

You super dumbass. I already posted a link showing that 2008 was the worst year for Afghanistan. That means after SEVEN FUCKING YEARS under the Bush Admin they still failed to bring any kind of stability. You fail to grasp such an elementary piece of information but you want to accuse others of being slow? Lol. It's like you, Liability, Ollie, Fizz, Divecon, etc are the same dumb bitch with several sock accounts. How else can your endless ignorance be explained?

American Thinker: Media Spins Success in Afghanistan as Failure

That LA Times article included comments from Army Gen. Dan K. McNeill, the U.S. commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan. He also expressed himself in a Voice of America article published the day before the LA Times article, creatihg a different impression:

"Those who use the increased levels of violence to try to make a case or an argument are generally going to get it wrong, unless they understand what is causing those increased levels of violence," McNeill said.

...The VOA article explains General McNeill's position:

General McNeill says many experienced Taliban leaders were killed during last year's fighting season, and that while the group is trying to recruit new members the leadership will be difficult to replace. He says the major offensive last spring and summer was by NATO and U.S. forces, and he says that will be true again this year.

General McNeill disagrees, but he also acknowledges that the Afghanistan effort is what the military calls an "economy of force" operation.

The General also said that the reason the violence is up is not because the Taliban is stronger, but because, as reported in this Associated Press article:

"They've stuck their noses in dark holes in which noses that were international have not been stuck before," he added.

"We exposed ourselves to a lot more things than the force has exposed themselves to in times past," McNeill said. "And that more than anything created the increased levels of violence that are so often referred to in the news, and that people fail to realize what caused those. (There) wasn't a resurgent Taliban." [emphasis added]

To you liberals who have trouble "understanding" period. In other words, what the general saying is that there was a surge. In a surge there is violence. When there is violence there are casualties.

The enemy became more desperate and thus there was more fighting.

However, because of the surge we were winning.

This s why you're so fucking pathetic. You are so damned partisan ignorant that even when you try to defend the bush admin you actually expose more failures. I can only guess you're scratching your head in bewilderment. Soon, that will be your personal Olympic sport.

Yeah? How so?

We have learned that Bush failed at the job, and that Obama is having to bail him out.

Your very evidence has proved that, cmike.

Holy shit you are an idiot. I didn't say you made any comments. I said you repeated bullshit. How the hell do you defend the bush admin and not qualify for a straight jacket? It's sick.

I truely am talking to morons :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What is bullshit? The numbers are incorrect? The troops weren't sent there? There wasn't a surge? What part specifically is bullshit in your lefty eyes?

The first piece of bullshit I saying al qaeda was in iraq. Do you actually buy that bullshit? Are you so insecure you accept whatever the government says? The mere fact you keep referring to me as a Lefty shows you are both ignorant and insecure. Do you not realize the main goal for both invasions was an endless occupation? Are you that fucking far gone you cannot recognize colonialism in raw form?

How did all those Al Qaida leaders manage to get killed there? Vacations? Let me guess? Al Qaida was never in Iraq before the US got there. Then they decided to get in the way of american bullets and get killed there? :cuckoo:

The main goal of both invasions was to take out two major state sponsors of terrorism and seek out and destroy Al Qaida where they were hiding and training.

cmike :cuckoo:, you are projecting again. Your own evidence proves that Bush did not do enough. Now BHO has the opportunity to finish what Bush failed to do. You not only shot yourself in the foot, son, you put the loaded shotgun into your mouth with the safety off and pulled the phallic trigger. :lol:

cmike :cuckoo:, you are projecting again. Your own evidence proves that Bush did not do enough. Now BHO has the opportunity to finish what Bush failed to do. You not only shot yourself in the foot, son, you put the loaded shotgun into your mouth with the safety off and pulled the phallic trigger. :lol:

Enough to do what? Pres. Bush said that it would be a long, protracted war.

What exactly do you think he should have done?

Thanks, cmike, finally, for a good question? The President never should have pulled troops from Afghanistan until the US finished the job there: destroy Al Quada and the Taliban, chase and catch or kill Zawahiri or bin Ladin/ and rebuild a peacful country.

But, no, bright eyes had a hard on for SH so he ups and invades Iraq, where we won the fighting and have almost lost the peace.

This is why Americans, from conservatives to liberals, despise the GOP, rightfully until we change our image, drop the neo-cons and the Tea Baggers and associated loonies, and come up with a solid conservative plan for America.

America first!

I've never supported Obushama and have repeatedly pointed out he is a hypocrite and sell out on many levels. You're so fucking stupid arrogant you think you know my politics because I regularly pwn you * * * *

I notice you engage in an extraordinarily large amount of self-congratulation.

You do this because nobody else WITH a brain would ever congratulate you on any of the stupid shit you spew, you imbecile.

You have never pwnd me or anybody else.

You are a void. Nothing more.

Lol......as usual......you ignore everything and focus on the most petty shit. For clarification, there is no self congratulations. That would be like an F-15 bragging about beating a butterfly. I'm simply pointing out the clear majority of your posts are nothing but toddler tear-fests.

Yep....you definately described your posts accurately there dumb ass.

Thanks, cmike, finally, for a good question? The President never should have pulled troops from Afghanistan until the US finished the job there: destroy Al Quada and the Taliban, chase and catch or kill Zawahiri or bin Ladin/ and rebuild a peacful country.

But, no, bright eyes had a hard on for SH so he ups and invades Iraq, where we won the fighting and have almost lost the peace.

This is why Americans, from conservatives to liberals, despise the GOP, rightfully until we change our image, drop the neo-cons and the Tea Baggers and associated loonies, and come up with a solid conservative plan for America.

America first!

This is how ignorant Starkey is....the President NEVER pulled any troops from Afghanistan...he continually built them up over the 8 years he was in office. Some of our NATO allies never stepped up. Starkey is such a dishonest liberal hack he refuses to even acknowledge NATO's presence in Afghanistan!!! A slap in the face to the U.K. and Canada! You're a real piece of garbage Starkey.

I wish Starkey would stop lying and giving real conservatives a bad name.

Go back and study the evidence, bright eyes. In particular, check the falling deployment of Special Op and helicopter assests, vitally needed in the Afghanistan war. Bush could have, should have, would have won this war if he were so arrogant.

Our party fell because of neo-con hubris.

America first!

This is how ignorant Starkey is....the President NEVER pulled any troops from Afghanistan...he continually built them up over the 8 years he was in office. Some of our NATO allies never stepped up. Starkey is such a dishonest liberal hack he refuses to even acknowledge NATO's presence in Afghanistan!!! A slap in the face to the U.K. and Canada! You're a real piece of garbage Starkey.

The good news is that the repulsive and thoroughly dishonest Jokey has no ability to convince anybody with a living brain cell that he's a Republican at all, much less that he's at all "conservative."

"Jokey" and "liar" are synonymous.

You neocon piss brains are constantly CELEBRATING 9E. How? You politicize 9E to justify these actions:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....and you liberal code pink pussies come up with a list of horseshit Huffington talking points to attack the President and the war effort???!! Then YOU politicize 9/11 to justify your attacks.....

Never happened:lol:

Secret prisons
Started by Clinton:eusa_whistle:

Invading and occupying iraq
Authorized by Congress:eusa_whistle:

Invading and occupying afghanistan
Authorized by Congress:eusa_whistle:

Spying on Americans without search warrants
LIE LIE LIE:eusa_liar: and you know it you dishonest fuck!!!! Read FISA.

Accuse Americans who don't agree with your methods of being terrorist sympathizers, america haters, and weak wimps.
I definately think you are some sort of Vegan weak willed wimp...your posts are evidence of that.:rofl:

Totally ignore our actions in the ME and around the globe to play the victim card.
and what actions are those?:eusa_whistle:

Keeping people in prison indefinitely
Uhhhhh...I believe the Democrats are in favor of this also.:lol:

Creation of a new agency that was redundant and only expanded our government.
Your ignorance is once again proven beyond a reasonble doubt....DHS brought several agencies that ALREADY EXISTED UNDER ONE PRESIDENTIAL CABINET POSITION AND ONE BUDGET...now go back to elementary school, pass the 3rd grade and come back for a discussion.

The creation of the patriot act which subverts some basic Constitutional rights.
Uhhhh...I believe Obama fully supported and endorsed the Patriot Act....after the Democrat controlled Senate passed it without debate.:lol:

you and those like you who choose to politicize 9/11 for your perverted agenda are pathetic.

Last edited:
Go back and study the evidence, bright eyes. In particular, check the falling deployment of Special Op and helicopter assests, vitally needed in the Afghanistan war. Bush could have, should have, would have won this war if he were so arrogant.

Our party fell because of neo-con hubris.

Since when do you know anything about military strategy other than what you learn from playing "Call of Duty".
I think it's best for you to leave the strategy to the military and keep your DailyKOS talking points for your Tupperware partys with the rest of your code pink friends.

I notice you engage in an extraordinarily large amount of self-congratulation.

You do this because nobody else WITH a brain would ever congratulate you on any of the stupid shit you spew, you imbecile.

You have never pwnd me or anybody else.

You are a void. Nothing more.

Lol......as usual......you ignore everything and focus on the most petty shit. For clarification, there is no self congratulations. That would be like an F-15 bragging about beating a butterfly. I'm simply pointing out the clear majority of your posts are nothing but toddler tear-fests.

Yep....you definately described your posts accurately there dumb ass.

I see your habit of lying about what you read isn't limited to news or reports. Good job on the consistent dishonesty.

America first!

You must be on a mission to prove yourself more ignorant than Liability. Why do assholes like you try to pass yourself off as informed? Everybody with a spec of brain power already knows:

"In 2002, troops from the 5th Special Forces Group who specialize in the Middle East were pulled out of the hunt for Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan to prepare for their next assignment: Iraq."
USATODAY.com - Shifts from bin Laden hunt evoke questions

That proves your claim flat out wrong buy I've no doubt you will try to squirm out of it because slimy tadpole ***** like yourself never have the dignity to admit when you are wrong.

Forum List

Back