Obama ignores dangers of Chinese Space Program

You are absolutely 100% missing the point.

I don't think so, you and the individual I responded to are talking about two different things. You seem more focused on power politics and he seems more focused on actual military confrontation (via Russia and China). I was responding to his assertions.

Israel engages in a lot of cyber attacks against us as well, do you think that indicates that Israel is likely to attack us as well?

Israel wasn't the one that just recently stole information on all of our latest high tech toys. It was China. Get back on topic.

Why would Israel steal information on our high tech toys? We give them that for free, along with our taxpayer dollars.

More on topic, the Chinese space program doesn't worry me. They are still decades behind the US in space technology. And why wouldn't an emerging world power want a space program?

Although it is true that china is well behind the US in space technology, it's like saying that we have nothing to worry about from Iran or north Koreas nuclear program...what we should be concerned about is that china has the capability to blow up a satellite...but I guess what it all boils down to is that the common American shouldn't concern themselves with such troubles.

Israel wasn't the one that just recently stole information on all of our latest high tech toys. It was China. Get back on topic.

Why would Israel steal information on our high tech toys? We give them that for free, along with our taxpayer dollars.

More on topic, the Chinese space program doesn't worry me. They are still decades behind the US in space technology. And why wouldn't an emerging world power want a space program?

Although it is true that china is well behind the US in space technology, it's like saying that we have nothing to worry about from Iran or north Koreas nuclear program...what we should be concerned about is that china has the capability to blow up a satellite...but I guess what it all boils down to is that the common American shouldn't concern themselves with such troubles.

Um... I'm not concerned with Iran's nuclear program.

"While the Chinese say their program is peaceful, Cheng of the Heritage Foundation said the United States couldn’t ignore the 2007 anti-satellite test, in which China destroyed one of its own weather satellites without prior notice."

Basically they have weapons that can destroy satellites....they know they can blow them up...and they could do it six years ago. We have satellites. It would cause a lot of problems if they decided to blow up the right ones.

What we know is that China has vastly expanded their space program recently, but noone exactly knows why....and if we know anything about the Chinese, its their lack of transparency.

Could China be trying to secure an eventual military advantage in space? (Whatever that may be)...and if we find out that they are, could our next space race be against China??

From the archives: U.S. keeps wary eye on China?s space program | The China Chatter

China?s Looming Anti-Satellite Test Sparks US Concern | Space.com

I didn't read the article but what is suggested that we do?

Maybe you should be, one match will set a forest on fire. Until the US has total energy independence then we should be concerned about a nuclear war in the ME.

Thatta way to be a good American

I wasn't aware that I had to support interfering with another nation's nuclear program to be a good American. America and Israel have been warring with more nations in the past year than Iran has in the past 200 years. And I'm afraid THEY might blow something up?

North Korea is a different story. I don't care if they have nuclear weapons. The fact that they have openly threatened to use them against us and our allies is what troubles me.

I wasn't aware that I had to support interfering with another nation's nuclear program to be a good American. America and Israel have been warring with more nations in the past year than Iran has in the past 200 years. And I'm afraid THEY might blow something up?

North Korea is a different story. I don't care if they have nuclear weapons. The fact that they have openly threatened to use them against us and our allies is what troubles me.

Define how Israel is "warring" with other nations. You mean by being targets of missiles fired into their rightful country?

Define how Israel is "warring" with other nations. You mean by being targets of missiles fired into their rightful country?

If this post were a street that I turned on, my garmin would be telling me to make a U turn. Back up before we get lost here.

Last edited:

Oh that's going to open one huge can of worms. Just read up on airstrikes in Sudan, Syria, Lebanon and countless other places in the past year.

Forum List

Back