Obama: ISIS a Manageable Crisis

They called the President a name? Who cares?
They cut someones fucking head off. They will pay for it

They are trying to provoke a military response by the US. They want to be martyrs. Overreacting and doing something we regret later (can we say invasion?) is not something we want

These guys are international terrorists. There is a worldwide mechanism to hunt them down. Let it work

They are better financed and have a bigger army (including lots of our own weapons) than some legitimate countries.

Ok..whatever...everything is fine...all is well and we're in complete control of the situation.

ok. so what's YOUR solution? it's easy to give glib answers that say nothing

So our strategy is to threaten the terrorists with the long arm of justice....

Our own criminals don't care about the law but I'm sure the terrorists are quaking in their boots.

so what exactly should be done other than running around saying muslims are "evil-doers"?

Well, for a start, Muslims and their culture should be clearly identified as a serious liability within the West.

and as a matter of foreign policy, then what?

In all honesty, I think that the U.S., UK and the rest of our allies are better off not stepping into or attempting to influence the affairs of Islamic states ever again. They clearly don't want the kind of democracy we'd like them to embrace, and they're culturally incompatible with us and what we value. I think we'd be better off just sending and hosting the occasional courtesy visits between members of state; and warning determined tourists of the dangers they face if they really want to travel to Islamic countries.

Furthermore, to really disentangle ourselves from the Middle East (excluding Israel), we need to find a practical alternative to the combustion engine, the fuel for which is what keeps us enmeshed in that hornet's nest. That means shining an uncomfortable light into the affair of old, Anglo-Saxon American/European money, because they're still in firmly control the West's energy sector.

I agree we shouldn't be nation-building.

but i'm ok with smashing their psycho butts if they do things like this group is.

Why do you think we "nation build" in the first place? Hint: it has nothing to do with releiving the suffering of people living in these places.

They called the President a name? Who cares?
They cut someones fucking head off. They will pay for it

They are trying to provoke a military response by the US. They want to be martyrs. Overreacting and doing something we regret later (can we say invasion?) is not something we want

These guys are international terrorists. There is a worldwide mechanism to hunt them down. Let it work

They are better financed and have a bigger army (including lots of our own weapons) than some legitimate countries.

Ok..whatever...everything is fine...all is well and we're in complete control of the situation.

Obama sent planes to Iraq and bombed them

ISIS is pissed. They think the way to get us to back off is to behead a couple of prisoners. It is what these guys do.

The US will not fall for their game, we have seen it before. We need to resist the temptation to overreact. ISIS is not worth a US invasion

We will infiltrate their network, find out who is who and kill those who did it. ISIS will respond with more terrorism and more beheadings. It is not a pretty sight, but it is the world we live in

I'm not qualified to propose a "solution" to ME problems...No world leader in the past couple of thousand years has been able to do anything about it. World history is my "source" for that.

I will tell you what I would have done back when the embassy was overrun and some staff and the ambassador were murdered.

I would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

Then make a statement to the world that the next time anyone overran an embassy they'd get the same thing...and mean it.

Adopting and maintaining that kind of attitude in our foreign policy tends to chill out people..and governments..that allow/support those kind of things.

In your (sure to be) forthcoming insults and name calling at least try to avoid using the name "Bush".

Save the "I didn't see you complain about xxxx when...... was pres.". ok? That is some weak shit and completely played out.

Focus on me and my stupid ideas.. :laugh2:

A 'fix' to the ISIS problem requires a major injection of ground troops and none of you support that. So shut up.

then the prezbo would have to admit

that his leaving iraq policy was short sighted

Except it wasn't.

Invading a country that was no threat to us and didn't attack us?

That..was a clusterfuck.
That's not true.

But being honest is a problem for you it appears.

Well yeah..it is true.

Iraq will probably go down in history as one of the worst acts of aggression ever committed on a nation by a Super Power.

I'm not qualified to propose a "solution" to ME problems...No world leader in the past couple of thousand years has been able to do anything about it. World history is my "source" for that.

I will tell you what I would have done back when the embassy was overrun and some staff and the ambassador were murdered.

I would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

Then make a statement to the world that the next time anyone overran an embassy they'd get the same thing...and mean it.

Adopting and maintaining that kind of attitude in our foreign policy tends to chill out people..and governments..that allow/support those kind of things.

In your (sure to be) forthcoming insults and name calling at least try to avoid using the name "Bush".

Save the "I didn't see you complain about xxxx when...... was pres.". ok? That is some weak shit and completely played out.

Focus on me and my stupid ideas.. :laugh2:

No quarter after fair warning. Just like the Roman. I like your way of thinking, Rotagilla.

How about we do what the Chinese do? ...regarding the Middle East, that is.
You mean close our borders completely, kick out or imprison anyone we choose for the slightest suspicious behavior, and begin building our military so we can expand our areas of influence?

Outside of the failed "adventures" into Korea and Vietnam, where has China been "expanding" their "areas of influence"?

Bear in mind that both Vietnam and Korea on on their borders. And Taiwan? Was once part of China.

A 'fix' to the ISIS problem requires a major injection of ground troops and none of you support that. So shut up.

then the prezbo would have to admit

that his leaving iraq policy was short sighted

Except it wasn't.

Invading a country that was no threat to us and didn't attack us?

That..was a clusterfuck.
That's not true.

But being honest is a problem for you it appears.

Well yeah..it is true.

Iraq will probably go down in history as one of the worst acts of aggression ever committed on a nation by a Super Power.
That's pretty laughable considering Saddam's invasion of Kuwait, Hitler's Blitzkrieg, the Roman conquests, Persian expansion into Greece, the list goes on and on.

Like I said, you have a problem with honesty, most certainly.

Unicorn-Strategy.jpg

How about we do what the Chinese do? ...regarding the Middle East, that is.
You mean close our borders completely, kick out or imprison anyone we choose for the slightest suspicious behavior, and begin building our military so we can expand our areas of influence?

Outside of the failed "adventures" into Korea and Vietnam, where has China been "expanding" their "areas of influence"?

Bear in mind that both Vietnam and Korea on on their borders. And Taiwan? Was once part of China.

Maybe you might want to look at who got the Iraqi oil deals after the invasion, or look into who controls the Panama Canal for starters. Then read up on their efforts to buy up every energy source they can get their hands on. Their military expansion. Etc.

Theoretically ISIS is a manageable crisis...but not by Feckless President Teleprompter.

Forum List

Back