Obama: ISIS a Manageable Crisis

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Didn't Hillary tell you to fuggediboutit?

Oh yes..our next president, probably...

SHE'LL know how to handle M.E. affairs just like our current pres..! :bow3::alirulz:

Sources Benghazi mastermind was captured with no shots fired - CNN.com
Next?

Are the ambassador and those guards still dead?

In order to prevent violence the other party has to fear immediate escalation of violence.

This is true in ordinary human life AND world politics.

Come on, man..Really... Don't pretend you don't know anything about world history or human relations.

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

SHE'LL know how to handle M.E. affairs just like our current pres..! :bow3::alirulz:

Next?

In order to prevent violence the other party has to fear immediate escalation of violence.

Come on, man..Really... Don't pretend you don't know anything about world history or human relations.

You think acts of terrorism are preventable? Do you think terrorists are afraid to die?

How do you propose to do it?

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Next?

No shots fired?

What about the victims?

The urge to spin is strong. You won't get a straight answer.

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Next?

You think acts of terrorism are preventable? Do you think terrorists are afraid to die?

Most terrorists, or in this case 'insurgents', are indeed afraid of dying. It's why they take cover when their enemy returns fire.

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Next?

Nothing is preventable. Humans are imperfect. Stop making extreme, exaggerated statements. No one is fooled.

Immediate and crushing retaliation makes a statement that can't be misunderstood.
If nations that harbor them had a city leveled for each act of terrorism against america it would put a quick stop to it.

...but......but...wait....benghazi wasn't a terrorist attack anyway, was it?....

tricky trying to defend every contradictory position the president takes, isn't it?

So our strategy is to threaten the terrorists with the long arm of justice....

Our own criminals don't care about the law but I'm sure the terrorists are quaking in their boots.
Tell us more about how you think our threat of force means we wont actually use force.

You've really been grasping at straws JUST to hate lately man, you used to be way more level headed but your gripes are completely unfounded and ridiculous lately.
Bombing random trucks driving down a highway is NOT a deterrent to these insane motherfuckers.

I've been calling for us to rain hell on these crazies for near a year now. They likely are laughing at our pinprick attacks to this point.

As evidenced by what?

When these fucks started televising their brutal antics, they weren't wearing masks.

Now they are.

That's a huge change.
Yeah...smaller knives...taking their time...enjoying the moment..l

You think they weren't doing this stuff before? Even when Bush was in the office?

Of course they were. There has been a low grade civil war going on in Iraq that has never stopped. Bush totally and every openly screwed the pooch there.

Ask yourself. Did it take this long to build up Germany? Japan? Heck, after we left Vietnam it pretty much bounced back.

We have literally dumped cash on Iraq. Trillions of it. The Bush administration flew pallets of American dollars, on pallets via cargo plane to Iraq. With what we've spent on this one little nasty country in the middle of nowhere, we could have rebuilt our own cities and probably had enough left over to put up a moonbase.

Iraq isn't a cohesive country. It's like Poland without Tito and Turkey without Ataturk.

Unless they get something to unify under, they will probably have to split up.

And this was all brought on by the Bush administration and for no good reason.
We!re working with morons here...the japes and Germans have brains.

Well no.

Germany and Japan had histories of being actually countries that developed as a result of it's own people forming them.

Iraq was cobbled together by Europe. When Saddam Hussien assumed power, he brought the people together, much like Tito or Ataturk.

Germany and Japan were also aggressors and after they lost the war, their countries weren't dismantled. Quite the contrary, most of their governments and industries were left in place. Heck, even the military, for the most part, were repatriated. That didn't happen in Iraq.

Even with the invasion being such a clusterfuck, Bush had plenty of examples of how to make things work. And he ignored each and every one of them.
What kind of Arab cell phone do you use?

What kind gasoline do you use in your car? Does it come from Japan or Germany?

ok. so what's YOUR solution? it's easy to give glib answers that say nothing

I'm not qualified to propose a "solution" to ME problems...No world leader in the past couple of thousand years has been able to do anything about it. World history is my "source" for that.

I will tell you what I would have done back when the embassy was overrun and some staff and the ambassador were murdered.

I would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

Then make a statement to the world that the next time anyone overran an embassy they'd get the same thing...and mean it.

Adopting and maintaining that kind of attitude in our foreign policy tends to chill out people..and governments..that allow/support those kind of things.

In your (sure to be) forthcoming insults and name calling at least try to avoid using the name "Bush".

Save the "I didn't see you complain about xxxx when...... was pres.". ok? That is some weak shit and completely played out.

Focus on me and my stupid ideas.. :laugh2:

in other words you have a lot of opinion and a lot of noise, but nothing to say. :thup:

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Next?

Nothing is preventable. Humans are imperfect. Stop making extreme, exaggerated statements. No one is fooled.

Immediate and crushing retaliation makes a statement that can't be misunderstood.
If nations that harbor them had a city leveled for each act of terrorism against america it would put a quick stop to it.

...but......but...wait....benghazi wasn't a terrorist attack anyway, was it?....

tricky trying to defend every contradictory position the president takes, isn't it?

Israel's been doing that with the Palestinians for what? 60 years now?

Hows that working out?

So our strategy is to threaten the terrorists with the long arm of justice....

Our own criminals don't care about the law but I'm sure the terrorists are quaking in their boots.
Tell us more about how you think our threat of force means we wont actually use force.

You've really been grasping at straws JUST to hate lately man, you used to be way more level headed but your gripes are completely unfounded and ridiculous lately.
Bombing random trucks driving down a highway is NOT a deterrent to these insane motherfuckers.

I've been calling for us to rain hell on these crazies for near a year now. They likely are laughing at our pinprick attacks to this point.

As evidenced by what?

When these fucks started televising their brutal antics, they weren't wearing masks.

Now they are.

That's a huge change.
Yeah...smaller knives...taking their time...enjoying the moment..l

You think they weren't doing this stuff before? Even when Bush was in the office?

Of course they were. There has been a low grade civil war going on in Iraq that has never stopped. Bush totally and every openly screwed the pooch there.

Ask yourself. Did it take this long to build up Germany? Japan? Heck, after we left Vietnam it pretty much bounced back.

We have literally dumped cash on Iraq. Trillions of it. The Bush administration flew pallets of American dollars, on pallets via cargo plane to Iraq. With what we've spent on this one little nasty country in the middle of nowhere, we could have rebuilt our own cities and probably had enough left over to put up a moonbase.

Iraq isn't a cohesive country. It's like Poland without Tito and Turkey without Ataturk.

Unless they get something to unify under, they will probably have to split up.

And this was all brought on by the Bush administration and for no good reason.
We!re working with morons here...the japes and Germans have brains.

Well no.

Germany and Japan had histories of being actually countries that developed as a result of it's own people forming them.

Iraq was cobbled together by Europe. When Saddam Hussien assumed power, he brought the people together, much like Tito or Ataturk.

Germany and Japan were also aggressors and after they lost the war, their countries weren't dismantled. Quite the contrary, most of their governments and industries were left in place. Heck, even the military, for the most part, were repatriated. That didn't happen in Iraq.

Even with the invasion being such a clusterfuck, Bush had plenty of examples of how to make things work. And he ignored each and every one of them.
What kind of Arab cell phone do you use?

What kind gasoline do you use in your car? Does it come from Japan or Germany?
My cars are Japanese.

Maybe I'll upgrade to a German model some day.

I'm not qualified to propose a "solution" to ME problems...No world leader in the past couple of thousand years has been able to do anything about it. World history is my "source" for that.

I will tell you what I would have done back when the embassy was overrun and some staff and the ambassador were murdered.

I would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

Then make a statement to the world that the next time anyone overran an embassy they'd get the same thing...and mean it.

Adopting and maintaining that kind of attitude in our foreign policy tends to chill out people..and governments..that allow/support those kind of things.

In your (sure to be) forthcoming insults and name calling at least try to avoid using the name "Bush".

Save the "I didn't see you complain about xxxx when...... was pres.". ok? That is some weak shit and completely played out.

in other words you have a lot of opinion and a lot of noise, but nothing to say. :thup:
You're an idiot. He gave you a point by point DETAILED plan. Any you say he offers nothing? Yet Obama actually admits he has no plan and you defend him endlessly. ..

Libs are truly a fucked up bunch.

Like Benghazi?

What's a "Benghazi"?

Next?

Hows that working out?
Bullshit. Politics keeps preventing them from wiping those fuckers out once and for all.

jillian, I answered your question about what I might hypothetically do to prevent attacks on americans in the M.E.
You asked me for my "solution" to the problems in the ME and I explained to you that there is no "solution" and 20,000 years of world history prove it.

I wrote 7 or 8 sentences listing several specific things that I would do ......and your response is that I have "nothing to say"?

You're just too clever for me...you really outwitted me that time...:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

The only people on the planet that doubt Obama is going to turn loose the dogs of war on ISIS and that the military and intelligence assets of America along with the allies of America are about to rain down a storm of death and destruction of the members of that group of terrorist are the hater dupes in America. Really. no one else doubts it.

jillian, I answered your question about what I might hypothetically do to prevent attacks on americans in the M.E.
You asked me for my "solution" to the problems in the ME and I explained to you that there is no "solution" and 20,000 years of world history prove it.

I wrote 7 or 8 sentences listing several specific things that I would do ......and your response is that I have "nothing to say"?

Your "solution" is idiotic and below the dignity of a great nation like the US

would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

Hows that working out?

Oh..ok..you want to change the subject now...

So your suggestion is that israel stop fighting the palestinians because it isn't going well?
Great idea!..you're a genius.
Get on the phone and get them straightened out ASAP.
I'm sure netanyahu will be fascinated by your plan. It's all been so obvious all this time..and he didn't see it. You'll probably get a medal or something..Give him a call..

The only people on the planet that doubt Obama is going to turn loose the dogs of war on ISIS and that the military and intelligence assets of America along with the allies of America are about to rain down a storm of death and destruction of the members of that group of terrorist are the hater dupes in America. Really. no one else doubts it.

It is the 24 hr news cycle that demands immidiate solutions before the next days news report.

ISIS is full of terrorist thugs. We have dealt with terrorist thugs in the past and we almost always get our man. ISIS is pissed because Obama bombed them in Iraq. Beheading a prisoner is one of the few options they have available. We will find out who did it and they will pay the price

Your "solution" is idiotic and below the dignity of a great nation like the US

would have leafleted the city of benghazi and given them 48 hours to evacuate because we were going to bomb it until there was nothing left standing over a foot tall....and then do it.

I offered no "solution" to anything and in my first sentence in the first ten words I said that. Then in my second sentence I explained why.
After that my post specifically concerned the penalty I thought a nation that harbored terrorists that overrun an american embassy and kill the ambassador and some marine guards and how it would tend to act as a deterrent to others.

I'm not fooled by you trying to twist what I said around and I doubt you tricked anyone else who may read this either....clever as you may think you are...I don't think it worked here. :)

Forum List

Back