Obama: ISIS a Manageable Crisis

I was always opposed to second Iraq War for just this reason. Remove Saddam...what the hell ya gonna get in his place. But this threat needs to be 100% eradicated. I was opposed 4 months ago to getting involved with Kurds...but seems they are all we have to deal with. Arm them to the teeth.

We have the terrorist who knows the code to disarm the missile in flight.

You have no way to know if your terrorist 'knows the code'.. Such an elaborate terrorist attack to have taken control of an ICBM launch and tracking site wouid not see the planners leaving the code to stop it in one terrorists hands .

You are wasting precious time. Shoulda called Magiver or Bond, James Bond. You should never put all your hope to save the world in a terrorist. Tortured or not.

Obama has only two years left in office so he'd better start planning for that.

Don't worry. Bush could not get the terrorist leader, that sent planes to kill American military personnell working in the Pentagon, for seven years. Obama got him in two.

That terrorist leader also killed several thousand on US soil if you recall.

So why not sit back and shut up and let Obama do things the right way?

Bush set the slow standard for chasing down terrorist killers. Obama is way ahead of the previous president by miles on that score.

How about we do what the Chinese do? ...regarding the Middle East, that is.
You mean close our borders completely, kick out or imprison anyone we choose for the slightest suspicious behavior, and begin building our military so we can expand our areas of influence?
No.

Care to try again, or have you exhausted your limited supply of brain cells for the evening?

You fuck with the US, we will get you...
Like we did in Benghazi...We really taught the world a lesson with our "response" to that... :rolleyes:

We will get them too

It is only a matter of time

Sources Benghazi mastermind was captured with no shots fired - CNN.com
Not one Republican elected official praised the president for that.

Not one.

It was a fucking SCAM pulled off by Obuma, and his media lapdogs!

Obama 8217 s Benghazi Terrorist Scam TheBlaze.com

Seems like Obama, the military and CIA are at loggerheads on strategy. This QB needs to make a call or tell us if he expects the Saudis and Jordanians and Europeans to do more. That needs to be the case. But just say it...get off your ass Europe and Arab world and carry your weight.
Not at all. But perhaps on how much they want to reveal. I could believe that Obama wants to be cagier in his comments than the Pentagon, who always lean toward putting on a warrior face.

Wingnuts don't even consider that maybe. perhaps. there's a chance. it could be. That the Obama Administration wants to present one image publicly while doing something completely different privately, in order to confuse and/or lull ISIS into complacency or narcissism.

A 'fix' to the ISIS problem requires a major injection of ground troops and none of you support that. So shut up.

then the prezbo would have to admit

that his leaving iraq policy was short sighted

Except it wasn't.

Invading a country that was no threat to us and didn't attack us?

That..was a clusterfuck.
That's not true.

But being honest is a problem for you it appears.

Well yeah..it is true.

Iraq will probably go down in history as one of the worst acts of aggression ever committed on a nation by a Super Power.
That's pretty laughable considering Saddam's invasion of Kuwait, Hitler's Blitzkrieg, the Roman conquests, Persian expansion into Greece, the list goes on and on.

Like I said, you have a problem with honesty, most certainly.

indeed

I was always opposed to second Iraq War for just this reason. Remove Saddam...what the hell ya gonna get in his place. But this threat needs to be 100% eradicated. I was opposed 4 months ago to getting involved with Kurds...but seems they are all we have to deal with. Arm them to the teeth.

Don't you remember?

We were going to be greeted as liberators, with flowers and candy from Iraqi children!

We were going to give them the U.S. style democracy that they have been craving!

We were planting that democracy seed that was going to grow throughout the Middle East!

Purple fingers!

Power sharing!

Lower gas prices!

But it wasn't about oil!​

They've taken half of iraq,...

Why are you exaggerating for them? They have not taken half of Iraq. Are you working for them to make them appear bigger and stronger than they actually are?
We have the terrorist who knows the code to disarm the missile in flight.

You have no way to know if your terrorist 'knows the code'.. Such an elaborate terrorist attack to have taken control of an ICBM launch and tracking site wouid not see the planners leaving the code to stop it in one terrorists hands .

You are wasting precious time. Shoulda called Magiver or Bond, James Bond. You should never put all your hope to save the world in a terrorist. Tortured or not.

Obama has only two years left in office so he'd better start planning for that.

Don't worry. Bush could not get the terrorist leader, that sent planes to kill American military personnell working in the Pentagon, for seven years. Obama got him in two.

That terrorist leader also killed several thousand on US soil if you recall.

So why not sit back and shut up and let Obama do things the right way?

Bush set the slow standard for chasing down terrorist killers. Obama is way ahead of the previous president by miles on that score.

Not according to the breakdowns that CNN gives.

Obama's drone strikes have killed thousands of innocents. Not that he cares. He's the Assassinator in chief after all.

Bush killed AQ leaders. Obama's big hit totals are because he's gone after so called Taliban foot soldiers aka nobodies.

Documented:

"Under Obama, the drone campaign, which during the Bush administration had put emphasis on killing significant members of al Qaeda, has undergone a quiet and unheralded shift to focus increasingly on killing Taliban foot soldiers."

So he's just nuking low levels who are only suspected of being a terrorist. In other words he's whacking people indiscriminately.

Killing with no real proof. Like I said. Assassinator In Chief.

Documented:

"To the extent that the targets of drone attacks can be ascertained, under Bush, al Qaeda members accounted for 25% of all drone targets compared to 40% for Taliban targets.

Under Obama, only 8% of targets were al Qaeda compared to just over 50% for Taliban targets.

And while under Bush, about a third of all drone strikes killed a militant leader, compared to less than 13% since President Obama took office, according to an analysis of thousands of credible media reports about the strikes undertaken by the New America Foundation.

While Bush sought to decapitate the leadership ranks of al Qaeda, Obama seems to be aiming also to collapse the entire network of allied groups, such as the Pakistani Taliban.

As a result, so-called "signature strikes" have become a hallmark of Obama's drone war.

"These are drone attacks based on patterns of merely suspicious activity by a group of men, rather than the identification of a particular individual militant."

Drone is Obama s weapon of choice - CNN.com

Obama expanded the area of drone strikes upon taking office.

The list of senior terrorists killed during the Obama presidency is fairly extensive.

There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.

Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.

In August, ‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.

In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.

Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.

Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.

In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.

Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.

In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.

In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.

In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.

In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News

mission-accomplished-obama.jpg

Obama's drone strikes have killed thousands of innocents. Not that he cares. He's the Assassinator in chief after all.

Bush killed AQ leaders. Obama's big hit totals are because he's gone after so called Taliban foot soldiers aka nobodies.

"To the extent that the targets of drone attacks can be ascertained, under Bush, al Qaeda members accounted for 25% of all drone targets compared to 40% for Taliban targets.

Under Obama, only 8% of targets were al Qaeda compared to just over 50% for Taliban targets.

Do you have a problem with killing leaders and their footsoldiers?

You know - the 'nobodies' that planted IEDs and attacked US and our allies and ANA and ANP and countless civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq,

First you complain that 'Obamabots'
who think Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda are nuts and now you post a CNN junk report that Obama kicked the shit out of Taliban and AQ nobodies too much because they may have dragged their wives and children along to their terrorist compounds hoping to be spared the onslaught of Obama's Hellfire housewarmings.

You need to get a story straight and try to stick to it

And you need this in mind. / from your CNN report;

(CNN) - Covert drone strikes are one of President Obama's key national security policies. He has already authorized 283 strikes in Pakistan, six times more than the number during President George W. Bush's eight years in office.

Obama launched six times more strikes in four years than Bush did in seven years. In other words 08% of 280
is a still twice more than 25% of 47.

Obama killed more AQ leaders and bigger names and faster than Bush.

So what was your point coming out of CNN?

Last edited:
Obama expanded the area of drone strikes upon taking office.

The list of senior terrorists killed during the Obama presidency is fairly extensive.

There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.

Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.

In August, ‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.

In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.

Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.

Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.

In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.

Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.

In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.

In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.

In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.

In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News

Do you have a problem with killing leaders and their footsoldiers?

You know the 'nobodies' that planted IEDs and attacked US and our allies and ANA and ANP and countless civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq,

First you complain that 'Obamabots'
who think Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda are nuts and now you post a CNN junk report that Obama kicked the shit out of Taliban and AQ nobodies too much because they may have dragged their wives and children along to their terrorist compounds hoping to be spared the onslaught of Obama's Hellfire housewarmings.

You need to get a story straight and try to stick to it.

I never complained. I never called Obamabots nuts. You have a real problem with lying about what I actually say. :lol:

There is no proof offered that the CNN piece was a junk report.

And I only have a problem with this part of the report.

"These are drone attacks based on patterns of merely suspicious activity by a group of men, rather than the identification of a particular individual militant."

My opinion. If you don't like it I frankly don't give a damn. But I will correct any statement that you make where you twist my words or blatantly lie about what I said whenever possible.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone could believe that Obama has kicked the shit out of AQ.

I never complained. I never called Obamabots nuts.

What are they when you say you can't believe that anyone could believe that Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda? I believe Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda. What can't you believe about that? The evidence is clear. Do you think I'm right? Being reasonable?

How about we do what the Chinese do? ...regarding the Middle East, that is.
You mean close our borders completely, kick out or imprison anyone we choose for the slightest suspicious behavior, and begin building our military so we can expand our areas of influence?
No.

Care to try again, or have you exhausted your limited supply of brain cells for the evening?
I just related to you exactly what they have done and I'm the brainless buffoon?

I can't believe anyone could believe that Obama has kicked the shit out of AQ.

I never complained. I never called Obamabots nuts.

What are they when you say you can't believe that anyone could believe that Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda? I believe Obama kicked the shit out of al Qaeda. What can't you believe about that? The evidence is clear. Do you think I'm right? Being reasonable?
Obama simply gave speeches claiming to have done that. Talk is cheap.

But the president did say "our reach is long". And that I suppose could be included as a part of "instruments". Hooray.

Well unlike Bush, who killed droves of Iraqis and called them "terrorists", Obama seems to actually know who the terrorists are..and is involved in killing them.

But Bush did get a nice trophy pistol from Saddam Hussien. And he took some swell pictures of him in his underwear. And who could forget that wonderful moment when Hussien was hung by what appeared to be thugs.

Good stuff.

Too bad Obama allowed ISIS and Levant to become the most powerful and wealthiest terror army/government on the planet.

They are worth over 2 billion now. Drones aren't going to take them out. This monster now called IS will be Obama's legacy.

Oh that and his monumental failure in backing the bogus "Arab Spring". That's legacy material I'm sure historians are focusing on as I type.

Have you seen the pictures of the jihadist pool party at your Embassy in Tripoli?

How did it work out for the west to take out Gaddafi?

Jihadis party down!

12e254ac31d8379bc4ce4afbde4f4f12.jpg

ISIL isn't a product of anything Obama did. It's a product of what Bush did.

Removing Saddam was lunacy and Criminal.

By the way?

Gaddaffi was a real live terrorist in the same mold of Osama Bin Laden. He planned, financed and ordered Lockerbie. Gaddaffi was also going to massacre his people. Taking him out was the right thing to do.

You folks seem to think that creating a vacuum in the Middle East was a wonderful and great idea. You folks seem to think that backing Theocrats over Communists was a peach. The Middle East is the DIRECT result of conservative policies.

Like it?

Israel's been doing that with the Palestinians for what? 60 years now?

Hows that working out?

Oh..ok..you want to change the subject now...

So your suggestion is that israel stop fighting the palestinians because it isn't going well?
Great idea!..you're a genius.
Get on the phone and get them straightened out ASAP.
I'm sure netanyahu will be fascinated by your plan. It's all been so obvious all this time..and he didn't see it. You'll probably get a medal or something..Give him a call..

Don't like that example?

How about Vietnam?

The United States dropped more bombs in that little country then had been used in all previous wars in history.

Killed over 2 million folks.

How'd that work out?

I understand the example perfectly well.I think I understood the other one, too I don't know what point you're trying to make, though?
Why don't you just say whatever it is instead of jumping from subject to subject?

Your "kill them all" strategy never works. And in fact encourages the type of world we see today.

Most human beings are long on remembering and short on forgiveness.

In other words?

Pay backs are a bitch.

Forum List

Back